Technology & Computing
While the industry is concentrating hard on a 4K and even 8K future, it probably seems like we've done this sort of thing before. And we have. But there are disruptive technologies looming that could impact our industry in rather more profound ways.Read more...
A detailed look at the EIZO CS270, a 'cost-performance' colour management monitor that sports professional features and an appealing price tag. But does it make sense for video pros?Read more...
Recently, I had to buy a new toaster. You would think this was a simple process: it’s not. And the problems I encountered along the way tell us a lot about what is wrong with buying technology today.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Another chance to read this controversial article, which is also one of the most read-ever pieces on RedShark. What do you think?Read more...
A new solution from Cinemartin leverages pro and consumer Nvidia GPUs to achieve speedy 4K and HD encoding.Read more...
A sizeable number of otherwise quite sane people now believe that the Moon landings never took place. Here’s one of the many reason why they are very, very wrong.Read more...
Modern equipment is so good, and so cheap, that it is distorting our sense of what is good and bad.Read more...
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24103) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22708) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14970) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (6706) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6031) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (842) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2549) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2403) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (3003) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (3069) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology Thunderbolt UHD VFX