Technology & Computing
17 Sep 2016
NASA’s mission to Mars could be the dominant world news story of the 2020’s with the Agency saying that video is essential to its technical and scientific success as well as mankind’s ability to experience an entirely new world.Read more...
15 Sep 2016
The Apple Upgrade Program is now rolling out in the UK and China after debuting in the US last year and is the main reason why I’m glaring balefully at the iPhone 6S Plus on my desk.Read more...
08 Sep 2016
And it’s not just all about the lack of an audio jack in the chassis either, as there are some powerful new features on the camera side of things with the new iPhone. By K Stewart.Read more...
05 Sep 2016
As the last major consumer electronics show before Christmas, the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) show in Berlin carries considerable momentum into the present-giving season and electronics firms were focussing on Virtual Reality and HDR screens to turn consumer heads.Read more...
On Saturday, NASA’s Juno probe made the first of its 36 orbital flybys of Jupiter, passing within approximately 2600 miles of the planet’s swirling cloudscape at a relative speed of 130,000mph. So, how do you take a photo at that speed?Read more...
19 Aug 2016
More is more: Simon Wyndham looks at some of the upcoming improvements for video tech - higher resolution, higher contrast and brightness, higher frame rates - and reckons we need to be continually pushing the boudaries if we ever want to emulate the way the natural world, and our natural eyes, work.Read more...
17 Aug 2016
In a new two-parter on GPUs, Phil Rhodes explores why the GPU has not yet made the CPU obsolete, and the times in which the sheer performance of a modern GPU gives you the best computing option available..Read more...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24513) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (19025) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15537) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (9069) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8303) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (132) How the Sundance Film Festival became so important
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (348) MotionVFX puts mocha's tracking technology to good use with mHUD 2 for FCP X
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (466) Virtual Reality is definitely "the future", but how do we get from here to there? [sponsored]
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (772) Is it time for drastic changes to operating systems?
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (1047) Impressive post stabilised footage from ReelSteady
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video