Technology & Computing
07 Mar 2016
Part of the Forgotten Technologies series. We’re probably all familiar with Polaroid instant film cameras, but how many remember Polaroid’s ill-fated attempt at instant movies - Polavision?Read more...
26 Feb 2016
How much GPU power do you need for your Adobe video applications? After looking at the Quadro K1200 and Quadro M4000, Tom Lansford from professional-workstation.com came up with an answer that surprised him.Read more...
22 Feb 2016
It’s been a typically busy first day and weekend of press conferences at this year’s Mobile World Congress. Andy Stout reports.Read more...
19 Feb 2016
Hard drive capacities - especially when you use multiple drives in RAID arrays - are almost beyond comprehension these days. They’re just colossally big. This, though, is the biggest desktop drive we've ever seen. Here's our "first look" at it.Read more...
18 Feb 2016
How long do you want to keep your data safe and secure? How does 13.8 billion years sound?Read more...
10 Feb 2016
We unpack a loaded press release from Dell that points to the company's future. By Leo Waldock.Read more...
03 Feb 2016
One from the archives: It’s a great pity that in order to enjoy the benefits of digital imaging, we must use pixels that may only be one of a comparatively small selection of colours, as opposed to the effectively infinite subtlety of nature. Phil Rhodes spreads light and understanding about quantization and noise.Read more...
31 Jan 2016
AKA: Yes, we did land on the Moon. It’s often been said that the problem with keeping conspiracies under wraps lies with the amount of people that would have to be involved, and now there’s a mathematical formula that describes it.Read more...
25 Jan 2016
Replay: Can you buy a complete computer system off-the-shelf (or online) that keeps up with modern 4K video editing requirements? H. Paul Moon reckons you can.Read more...
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21509) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15847) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12902) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11154) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7317) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (509) Atomos firmware update brings HDR support to non-HDR displays
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (807) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1642) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (867) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (4541) Nvidia’s new GTX Titan X: the home-brew DaVinci grading suite just became even easier and cheaper
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro Grading HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX