Technology & Computing
31 Jan 2017
With double the RAM, a 4K capable GPU, and a processor nearly twice as fast as the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, the Asus Tinker Board has home brew media appliance geeks battling it out in the comments sections of tech blogs. The potential is certainly impressive.Read more...
24 Jan 2017
At anywhere between $1800 and $2700 the new Razer Blade laptop isn’t cheap, but this is one of those happy times when you very much get what you pay for: it is deeply impressive.Read more...
21 Jan 2017
You think you have it tough now. A behind-the-scenes video for 80's cult classic, The Last Starfighter, provides an interesting mix of perspective regarding current challenges and nostalgia for the early days of computer graphics in films.Read more...
18 Jan 2017
Opinion: Modern operating systems haven't changed much since the middle of the 1990s. Perhaps OS developers need radical new thinking to save us from the next iteration of the past.Read more...
16 Jan 2017
AMD's new Zen-based CPU architecture will last until 2020 and beyond and is rolling out in three distinct forms - desktop, mobile and server - throughout this year. Leo Waldock, for one, is looking forward to it.Read more...
Long-standing rumours that Apple is planning to enter the content business itself and go toe-to-toe with the likes of Netflix and Amazon got a big boost following a Wall St Journal article at the end of last week.Read more...
13 Jan 2017
The Great Battery Mystery: Have you ever wondered why many devices from many manufacturers give inconsistent battery readings? We have the answer.Read more...
10 Jan 2017
Do we look at CES as a vision of the future, or do we look at it with a mixture of laughter and astonishment at how technology companies can find very complicated ways of doing simple things?Read more...
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (12954) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10388) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (7818) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6387) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (5869) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 - (419) Animatronic dinosaurs and 24K giant screens - welcome to the future of cinema
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 - (1042) Why Sony's FS700 is still a great camera five years on
- Tuesday 23 May 2017 - (775) This problem with Virtual Reality displays needs to be fixed
- Tuesday 23 May 2017 - (977) Magix Software upgrades SpectraLayers Pro
- Tuesday 23 May 2017 - (2820) Why compression is a disaster we should stop using
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video