Technology & Computing
The shape of things to come: One of the most fascinating areas of IBC every year is the Future Zone, with this year's crop of exhibits and topics straight out of the world's R&D labs including innovative 3D, 8K HDR television and video-over-IP.Read more...
New developments in wireless networks, coming soon, mean that we won't have to use memory cards at all in our camerasRead more...
Some useful advice post-IBC: Two cameras that might be similar on the surface might be based on fundamentally different technology. Make sure you're comparing like with like.Read more...
Support for Dolby Vision grows with the announcement that Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will use the Dolby Vision mastering process for high dynamic range 4K/UHD, featuring more vibrant colors/brightness and wider contrast range.Read more...
For those who are interested in technology, gaming, and dream of creating their own successful blogs and YouTube channels with millions of subscribers and views, LG is introducing the UltraWide Festival 2015.Read more...
The phrase 'game-changer' is a bit over-used in the industry of late, but with some additional information leaking out about NewTek's new NDI protocol, we're starting to get the feeling that it could be very significant indeed.Read more...
As expected, Apple launched a new iPad Pro and a rethought, app-centric Apple TV at its September 9 event. There is some interesting devil in the detail though. K.Stewart reports.Read more...
Technology is improving so fast, we're losing our ability to make predictions.Read more...
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29989) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21091) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17907) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13487) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10103) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9091) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (990) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (638) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1368) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (717) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
3D 4K 8K Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX