Technology & Computing
This article was first published two years ago so some of the information is old. But it's a question that keeps getting asked, and it's a great article - so we thought we'd publish it again. How do you choose between consumer and pro graphics cards? Low cost and high performance are compelling with the lower-end products, but compatability and…Read more...
This is a hot topic, so we're giving you another chance to read this: If we don't do something fast, all of our digital films and videos will disappear in just a few yearsRead more...
Worried about managing with the bold, new single-port connectivity of the 2015 Macbook? OWC might have just the product for you: a USB-C Dock with 11 ports for as much connectivity as you can use.Read more...
Part one of this examination of SSD technology touched on the differences between various types of NAND flash and the impact that SLC, MLC and TLC (3-cell MLC) NAND flash has on pricing. In part two, Guest Author, Leo Waldock, details the next step: coming up with some solid guidelines for selecting a suitable SSD for your workstation.Read more...
The new, reversible, USB "C" connector opens up the possibility of a single connector for everythingRead more...
In advance of Siggraph 2015, a team of researchers from the University of Southern California details a process for making CGI skin more realistic, taking us one step closer to finally bridging that 'Uncanny Valley'.Read more...
Apple Music, Metal for Mac OS Pro Apps and plenty more at WWDC15. This was a sprawling, diffuse keynote that, if nothing else, helped illustrate how Steve Jobs’ famously focused company has evolved to compete on so many different fronts, even if the product line would still fit on a single table. Report by K. Stewart.Read more...
This was a hugely popular article when it first appeared. Here's another chance to read about what might happen after Moore's law!Read more...
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46467) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17153) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12010) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11682) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11022) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (563) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1296) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1635) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2851) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1940) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite
3D 4K 8K A7s Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD lenses Lightworks Mac Pro Magic Lantern NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX