Technology & Computing
15 Dec 2016
Slave to the algorithm: The next wave of technology that looks set to break over our collective heads with the promise of changing all before it is Artificial Intelligence. Here is a snapshot of the story so far.Read more...
14 Dec 2016
Opinion: Recent moves suggest that Apple could be paving the way for iOS to spread to the desktop (assuming the desktop survives at all).Read more...
12 Dec 2016
The first big event of the year, CES, arrives hot on the heels of the New Year break. David Shapton looks at some of the technologies that may be making an appearance first on the showfloor and then in your living room not long after.Read more...
07 Dec 2016
Steerable lasers might be the answer to the "perfect" video projector. As long as they don't burn holes in the screen!Read more...
30 Nov 2016
Well, it’s still two years away, but engineers have now finished assembling the optical components of the giant telescope that will build on the work of Hubble and be launched on a European Ariane rocket from French Guiana in two years time. Its mirror alone is fascinating.Read more...
25 Nov 2016
Just because we are butting up against the physical limits of Moore’s Law, that doesn’t mean that we’re going to see a decline in the ever-increasing speed of computing.Read more...
24 Nov 2016
If you want to be throwing enough information per pixel around a screen to fill an HDR colour space you need the processing power of a GPU, and AMD's gaming heritage helps its GPUs do just that.Read more...
23 Nov 2016
Repurposing the use of CPU power found in everyday appliances to run Doom is nothing new - we've already had Doom on a Canon Pixma printer, for instance. But a new demo shows just how versatile the Touch Bar in the recently released MacBook Pro is.Read more...
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16929) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12093) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7110) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5811) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5248) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (265) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (406) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1384) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1190) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1007) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video