Technology & Computing
11 Apr 2016
A new startup, Archived, wishes to take the worry and uncertainty out of digital archiving with its triple redundant "cold storage" solution that's backed up by a long term trust.Read more...
07 Apr 2016
Intel's purchase of Altera sets the stage for CPUs that come equipped with their own field programmable gate arrays. And that could change a lot of things.Read more...
05 Apr 2016
Sony has conducted an interesting poll that might reveal why so many people lose so much of their content for good.Read more...
04 Apr 2016
Alongside 4K videos composites of time-lapse Earth shots and Ultra HD footage of experiments with bubbles in Zero-G, the ISS crew has also been playing around with long-exposure photography, to stunning effect.Read more...
30 Mar 2016
Organisations are at growing threat of serious security breaches that can impact both their bottom line and their reputation. Services such as NTT Com’s WideAngle though can help.Read more...
27 Mar 2016
Replay: The technological revolution has created great opportunities for new film-makers everywhere, but has in its wake created a new challenge: where are we going to put all this stuff? Peter J Haas investigates An Affordable Middle Ground To Preserving Your Film’s Digital Assets.Read more...
26 Mar 2016
Once everything is connected to everything else all the time, the game changes in many fields.Read more...
- Saturday 18 Jun 2016 - (28373) This is how good Canon’s low light camera is
- Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 - (16696) Why some products are delivered late
- Saturday 25 Jun 2016 - (11960) Microphones for Video: What you need to know
- Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 - (10711) Light Iron's Michael Cioni on the Panavision DXL - “the most advanced digital cinema camera ever made.”
- Tuesday 21 Jun 2016 - (7792) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (814) Panasonic releases new AG-AC30 handheld
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (976) Digital Bolex to stop making cameras
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (5393) 8K video will be the new Still Photography
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (2983) Reasons to shoot in higher than 4K with RED and G-Technology
- Monday 27 Jun 2016 - (1748) Sony releases FS7 v4.0 firmware
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR iPhone lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX