Technology & Computing
17 Nov 2016
In the first of a new multi-part series on HDR theory and practice, Phil Rhodes explains dynamic range in brief and the challenges in displaying HDR for production and distribution.Read more...
Apple’s latest is a book, but not just any old book: “Designed by Apple in California” chronicles 20 years of Apple design, the material and the techniques used, from the seminal 1998 iMac up to last year’s Apple Pencil.Read more...
12 Nov 2016
Karma come down: All you have to do is search for GoPro Karma Crash on YouTube and you will find a growing number of videos from people whose craft has turned turtle at several hundred feet and dropped to the ground.Read more...
06 Nov 2016
Remember those rather lovely LG 4K & 5K UltraFine Displays that Apple launched a couple of weeks back? Well, they've already come down in price by 25%.Read more...
04 Nov 2016
Opinion: As moviegoers, we're all suckers for motion pictures at 24 frames per second. Joe Foster explores why 24fps still reigns and whether higher frame rate films will ever usurp the longtime standard.Read more...
03 Nov 2016
One of the consequences of the massive R&D spend on the computer in your pocket is that new technology is appearing there first — and that includes some tools and techniques that we’d like to see on our film and video cameras.Read more...
31 Oct 2016
The fallout from Apple’s new MacBook Pro launch continued over the weekend, with ructions about pricing, dismay (at least in some quarters) about the dropping of its iconic powering-up chime, and the realisation that it has the ability to power a lot of screens.Read more...
28 Oct 2016
Hello Again Creative Professionals…Microsoft might have stolen some of the innovation thunder with its impressive new Surface Studio, but, from Touch Bars to Final Cut Pro 10.3, K. Stewart finds plenty to be happy about in Apple’s latest large-scale update.Read more...
27 Oct 2016
Microsoft’s new $2999 and upwards Surface Studio features an ultra-thin, high-resolution touchscreen and innovative control gizmos that make it feel like something genuinely new in the world of computing.Read more...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24467) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (16166) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15292) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8988) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8213) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (206) Is it time for drastic changes to operating systems?
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (557) Impressive post stabilised footage from ReelSteady
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (433) Hedge Connect lets you check your offloads status
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (1457) Hive crowdfunds innovative high-tech LED light
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (2295) This might be the tipping point for 8K
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video