Technology & Computing
31 Oct 2015
Guest contributor Joe Foster of Shoot HD takes us back to 2002 to chronicle the making of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and the digital revolution that infiltrated Hollywood.Read more...
29 Oct 2015
While the industry is concentrating hard on a 4K and even 8K future, it probably seems like we've done this sort of thing before. And we have. But there are disruptive technologies looming that could impact our industry in rather more profound ways.Read more...
27 Oct 2015
A detailed look at the EIZO CS270, a 'cost-performance' colour management monitor that sports professional features and an appealing price tag. But does it make sense for video pros?Read more...
24 Oct 2015
Recently, I had to buy a new toaster. You would think this was a simple process: it’s not. And the problems I encountered along the way tell us a lot about what is wrong with buying technology today.Read more...
21 Oct 2015
RedShark Replay: Another chance to read this controversial article, which is also one of the most read-ever pieces on RedShark. What do you think?Read more...
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (12742) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10152) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Tuesday 9 May 2017 - (8833) What will the new Mac Pro be like? We think we know.
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6161) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (5791) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Tuesday 23 May 2017 - (402) Why compression is a disaster we should stop using
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (550) Shooting with optical effects: creating Blade Runner looks in-camera
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (1202) Core wars and a return to competition in the CPU market
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (4444) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Sunday 21 May 2017 - (1534) How to make 3-point lighting from a single source
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video