Technology & Computing
16 Sep 2015
Some useful advice post-IBC: Two cameras that might be similar on the surface might be based on fundamentally different technology. Make sure you're comparing like with like.Read more...
14 Sep 2015
Support for Dolby Vision grows with the announcement that Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will use the Dolby Vision mastering process for high dynamic range 4K/UHD, featuring more vibrant colors/brightness and wider contrast range.Read more...
11 Sep 2015
For those who are interested in technology, gaming, and dream of creating their own successful blogs and YouTube channels with millions of subscribers and views, LG is introducing the UltraWide Festival 2015.Read more...
10 Sep 2015
As expected, Apple launched a new iPad Pro and a rethought, app-centric Apple TV at its September 9 event. There is some interesting devil in the detail though. K.Stewart reports.Read more...
10 Sep 2015
Technology is improving so fast, we're losing our ability to make predictions.Read more...
03 Sep 2015
Here's the run-down on back-side illuminated sensors (like those in the recently announced Sony cameras) including how they differ from more conventional designs and why we're still waiting for an ideal solution.Read more...
02 Sep 2015
A mighty 'tock'? Will the just announced Skylake, Intel's latest processor standard, be a boon or bust for editors and video professionals? Rakesh Malik investigates.Read more...
Phil Rhodes believes that we're at the precipice of fundamental change in both computing and our relationship to it that harkens back to the mainframes and network terminals of the 1970s.Read more...
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (19205) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12702) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12518) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (8273) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (7330) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (5) How the Unreal Engine could change the way we make films
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (315) Join Sony for a webinar on HDR production, Thursday 7th March
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (607) YouTube unveils its live TV service
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (1059) The *really* shameful Oscar moment
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (931) How to bring video into... everything! [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video