Technology & Computing
26 Mar 2016
Once everything is connected to everything else all the time, the game changes in many fields.Read more...
23 Mar 2016
Apple’s latest event wasn’t a blockbuster, but as the company rapidly approaches its 40th Anniversary, it was interesting to see how Cupertino plans to adapt to a more competitive market while playing a leading role in a rather critical current debate about the future of privacy. By K Stewart.Read more...
22 Mar 2016
The quest for the vintage aesthetic in photography and video has seen some strange bedfellows over the years, but few are as instantly arresting as Claire Wright’s marriage of an old 8mm camera with a Raspberry Pi.Read more...
19 Mar 2016
Phil Rhodes argues that we're almost at the post-scarcity point with cameras where the equipment is so uniformly excellent that, if the end results don't look good, it's down to the user.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
SSDs are tumbling in price and currently offer the most amazing value for money, dipping below the $300 per TB barrier. But, as Leo Waldock says, workstation enthusiasts still need to be careful in making their choices.Read more...
07 Mar 2016
Part of the Forgotten Technologies series. We’re probably all familiar with Polaroid instant film cameras, but how many remember Polaroid’s ill-fated attempt at instant movies - Polavision?Read more...
26 Feb 2016
How much GPU power do you need for your Adobe video applications? After looking at the Quadro K1200 and Quadro M4000, Tom Lansford from professional-workstation.com came up with an answer that surprised him.Read more...
22 Feb 2016
It’s been a typically busy first day and weekend of press conferences at this year’s Mobile World Congress. Andy Stout reports.Read more...
- Saturday 14 Oct 2017 - (263728) FPGAs: the processing miracle in our video tech
- Friday 13 Oct 2017 - (10868) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Friday 6 Oct 2017 - (8452) RED surprises everyone with a new full-frame 8K sensor: meet Monstro 8K VV
- Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 - (5068) In the future you may be able to print your own camera
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (4739) The remarkable robots that are transforming filmmaking
- Friday 20 Oct 2017 - (94) Is this the solution to the ultimate sound experience in VR?
- Friday 20 Oct 2017 - (1119) Intel unleashes the industry’s first dedicated neural network silicon
- Thursday 19 Oct 2017 - (429) Should CGI performance capture be recognised as an acting art?
- Thursday 19 Oct 2017 - (2912) Hidden chip in Pixel 2 is a huge leap forward in video technology
- Thursday 19 Oct 2017 - (1494) Optical filters will be important for years to come
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video