Technology & Computing
29 Sep 2015
Analogue systems are not intrinsically better than digital ones, but they are tied up in the complex history of what sounds and images mean to us and explain why they, and the 'film look', remain so important.Read more...
29 Sep 2015
MIT has developed a camera with an effective exposure time for each frame measured at two trillionths of a second - all of which could have some interesting implications for the rendering process.Read more...
28 Sep 2015
Sony’s proprietary digital zoom technology, Clear Image Zoom, has a cloak of mystery surrounding it underneath of which there could be some very interesting things going on indeed.Read more...
26 Sep 2015
How do we measure the largely intangible quality about a given device that somehow makes the pictures from Camera A look better than the ones from Camera B?Read more...
25 Sep 2015
Rakesh Malik delves into the history of virtual machines and how new solutions, such as Nvidia GRID 2.0, could impact workflows and post houses.Read more...
22 Sep 2015
The shape of things to come: One of the most fascinating areas of IBC every year is the Future Zone, with this year's crop of exhibits and topics straight out of the world's R&D labs including innovative 3D, 8K HDR television and video-over-IP.Read more...
22 Sep 2015
New developments in wireless networks, coming soon, mean that we won't have to use memory cards at all in our camerasRead more...
16 Sep 2015
Some useful advice post-IBC: Two cameras that might be similar on the surface might be based on fundamentally different technology. Make sure you're comparing like with like.Read more...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24333) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (13907) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8784) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (7927) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6484) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1749) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (691) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (912) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (726) Finding the sweet spot for camera design
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (642) What Robert Altman's work can teach us about film audio
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video