Technology & Computing
14 Dec 2015
RedShark Replay: The white heat of technology - Phil Rhodes talks about white light and a possible means of obtaining it with the minimum possible use of power.Read more...
10 Dec 2015
Cooke /i3 is gaining widespread support among manufacturers and software makers that cater to high-end productions.Read more...
09 Dec 2015
Remember the long-rumoured Apple television set? According to reports, it looks like Cupertino’s equally long-rumoured live TV streaming service is heading towards the same vapourware graveyard.Read more...
08 Dec 2015
The cinema had the latest 4K equipment - and the trailers looked wonderful. So why when I went to see Spectre did the main feature look so bad?Read more...
07 Dec 2015
Today we're talking about file formats again and the differentiation between containers and their contents. If you have ever felt that AVI (or MPEG, or MXF) files don't offer the same picture quality as Quicktime (or anything else), this should clear the matter up.Read more...
07 Dec 2015
The video website has had 4K upload support for its PRO members since 2014, but it's now starting to roll out 4K for everyone and introducing adaptive bit rate streaming on certain platforms.Read more...
30 Nov 2015
Panasonic’s ruggedised 20in Toughpad was initially aimed at industrial uses, but it’s just had a significant performance boost and a HDMI 2.0 input to make it at home on a film set too.Read more...
27 Nov 2015
It's been a long time coming, but now we finally have a 'pro' iOS device is it really all that we'd hoped for? K Stewart has been living with one and finds it an important step to something that could be truly great.Read more...
26 Nov 2015
RedShark Replay: Part one of this examination of SSD technology touched on the differences between various types of NAND flash and the impact that SLC, MLC and TLC (3-cell MLC) NAND flash has on pricing. In part two, Guest Author, Leo Waldock, details the next step: coming up with some solid guidelines for selecting a suitable SSD for your workstation.Read more...
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13399) Why you should use prime lenses
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (13154) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Friday 10 Mar 2017 - (9726) What Pro Mac users really want is just a simple, powerful box
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (9678) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Saturday 11 Mar 2017 - (9019) The long-term storage to end all long-term storage
- Saturday 25 Mar 2017 - (145) New Sony Digital Filter app emulates ND filter
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (765) The state of the market for SSDs: March 2017
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (1000) How buying the right camera is a good long-term investment
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (935) Metabones’ latest addition to its Speed Booster series: the PL To Sony E-mount
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (4467) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video