Technology & Computing
On Saturday, NASA’s Juno probe made the first of its 36 orbital flybys of Jupiter, passing within approximately 2600 miles of the planet’s swirling cloudscape at a relative speed of 130,000mph. So, how do you take a photo at that speed?Read more...
19 Aug 2016
More is more: Simon Wyndham looks at some of the upcoming improvements for video tech - higher resolution, higher contrast and brightness, higher frame rates - and reckons we need to be continually pushing the boudaries if we ever want to emulate the way the natural world, and our natural eyes, work.Read more...
17 Aug 2016
In a new two-parter on GPUs, Phil Rhodes explores why the GPU has not yet made the CPU obsolete, and the times in which the sheer performance of a modern GPU gives you the best computing option available..Read more...
15 Aug 2016
After months of iPhone 7 gossip, the iPad rumour mill has suddenly kicked into high gear with noted Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo detailing his thoughts on a new iPad line-up. And Tim Cook has been discussing AR.Read more...
13 Aug 2016
RedShark Summer Replay: Old cameras can teach us some essential lessons about using modern digital ones (first published February 2015).Read more...
08 Aug 2016
David Shapton uses a MacBook purchase to explore if we've reached the point where technology is "good enough" and what exactly that means for consumers and manufacturers.Read more...
06 Aug 2016
RedShark Summer Replay: With computer graphics power increasing faster than Moore's Law, we've come a long way in seventeen years...Read more...
05 Aug 2016
In this introductory article, Phil Rhodes kicks off a new series on HDR by taking a step back and explaining high dynamic range display tech and what it really means to display HDR images.Read more...
- Tuesday 8 Aug 2017 - (11452) Why AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper is such a big deal
- Saturday 12 Aug 2017 - (11107) 11 things filmmakers need to consider about audio
- Saturday 19 Aug 2017 - (10826) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Friday 18 Aug 2017 - (8011) Canon's powerful lower priced low light alternative
- Friday 11 Aug 2017 - (7433) The Sony FS7 II: best in class
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (290) How IBC stays ahead of the curve
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (1936) Digital vs film. Has the digital process become over complicated and expensive?
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (907) Ten years of superlative aviation filmmaking
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (1810) Is the Nikon D850 waiting in the wings with 8K timelapse?
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (2616) Mistika Insight, free high end editing and finishing software
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video