Technology & Computing
09 Dec 2015
Remember the long-rumoured Apple television set? According to reports, it looks like Cupertino’s equally long-rumoured live TV streaming service is heading towards the same vapourware graveyard.Read more...
08 Dec 2015
The cinema had the latest 4K equipment - and the trailers looked wonderful. So why when I went to see Spectre did the main feature look so bad?Read more...
07 Dec 2015
Today we're talking about file formats again and the differentiation between containers and their contents. If you have ever felt that AVI (or MPEG, or MXF) files don't offer the same picture quality as Quicktime (or anything else), this should clear the matter up.Read more...
07 Dec 2015
The video website has had 4K upload support for its PRO members since 2014, but it's now starting to roll out 4K for everyone and introducing adaptive bit rate streaming on certain platforms.Read more...
30 Nov 2015
Panasonic’s ruggedised 20in Toughpad was initially aimed at industrial uses, but it’s just had a significant performance boost and a HDMI 2.0 input to make it at home on a film set too.Read more...
27 Nov 2015
It's been a long time coming, but now we finally have a 'pro' iOS device is it really all that we'd hoped for? K Stewart has been living with one and finds it an important step to something that could be truly great.Read more...
26 Nov 2015
RedShark Replay: Part one of this examination of SSD technology touched on the differences between various types of NAND flash and the impact that SLC, MLC and TLC (3-cell MLC) NAND flash has on pricing. In part two, Guest Author, Leo Waldock, details the next step: coming up with some solid guidelines for selecting a suitable SSD for your workstation.Read more...
25 Nov 2015
With news that Sony will cease production of Betamax tape, Phil Rhodes take a retrospective look at Betamax and tape in general.Read more...
25 Nov 2015
With momentum building behind USB Type C — witness its recent alighting on the iPad Pro — there is a chance it could go on to be the next big thing in connectivity. Docks will help that process.Read more...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24334) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (13908) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8784) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (7927) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6484) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (0) A timelapse system that works unattended for months
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1770) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (692) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (912) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (726) Finding the sweet spot for camera design
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video