Technology & Computing
27 Mar 2016
Replay: The technological revolution has created great opportunities for new film-makers everywhere, but has in its wake created a new challenge: where are we going to put all this stuff? Peter J Haas investigates An Affordable Middle Ground To Preserving Your Film’s Digital Assets.Read more...
26 Mar 2016
Once everything is connected to everything else all the time, the game changes in many fields.Read more...
23 Mar 2016
Apple’s latest event wasn’t a blockbuster, but as the company rapidly approaches its 40th Anniversary, it was interesting to see how Cupertino plans to adapt to a more competitive market while playing a leading role in a rather critical current debate about the future of privacy. By K Stewart.Read more...
22 Mar 2016
The quest for the vintage aesthetic in photography and video has seen some strange bedfellows over the years, but few are as instantly arresting as Claire Wright’s marriage of an old 8mm camera with a Raspberry Pi.Read more...
19 Mar 2016
Phil Rhodes argues that we're almost at the post-scarcity point with cameras where the equipment is so uniformly excellent that, if the end results don't look good, it's down to the user.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
SSDs are tumbling in price and currently offer the most amazing value for money, dipping below the $300 per TB barrier. But, as Leo Waldock says, workstation enthusiasts still need to be careful in making their choices.Read more...
07 Mar 2016
Part of the Forgotten Technologies series. We’re probably all familiar with Polaroid instant film cameras, but how many remember Polaroid’s ill-fated attempt at instant movies - Polavision?Read more...
26 Feb 2016
How much GPU power do you need for your Adobe video applications? After looking at the Quadro K1200 and Quadro M4000, Tom Lansford from professional-workstation.com came up with an answer that surprised him.Read more...
- Monday 24 Apr 2017 - (12484) Resolve 14 is the software’s biggest upgrade ever
- Saturday 22 Apr 2017 - (10175) Avid goes free: Meet Media Composer First
- Monday 17 Apr 2017 - (8581) Light L16 camera to ship in July and look like this
- Tuesday 25 Apr 2017 - (8463) New firmware for Sony cameras
- Friday 21 Apr 2017 - (6005) Hands on with the surprise new Sony a9 mirrorless camera
- Saturday 29 Apr 2017 - (1252) RedShark Awards winners for NAB 2017
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (240) New ARRI presets let you achieve looks fast
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (745) AMD's "latest and greatest graphics card" [video]
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (531) Signiant talks storage independence [video]
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (830) NAB 2017: Videowalls and monitors to the fore
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video