Technology & Computing
25 Nov 2016
Just because we are butting up against the physical limits of Moore’s Law, that doesn’t mean that we’re going to see a decline in the ever-increasing speed of computing.Read more...
24 Nov 2016
If you want to be throwing enough information per pixel around a screen to fill an HDR colour space you need the processing power of a GPU, and AMD's gaming heritage helps its GPUs do just that.Read more...
23 Nov 2016
Repurposing the use of CPU power found in everyday appliances to run Doom is nothing new - we've already had Doom on a Canon Pixma printer, for instance. But a new demo shows just how versatile the Touch Bar in the recently released MacBook Pro is.Read more...
22 Nov 2016
While flash media is an increasingly ubiquitous storage solution for consumer devices, thanks to its ability to stay ahead in terms of the space-to-money ratio much of video production still relies on metal spinning disks.Read more...
17 Nov 2016
In the first of a new multi-part series on HDR theory and practice, Phil Rhodes explains dynamic range in brief and the challenges in displaying HDR for production and distribution.Read more...
Apple’s latest is a book, but not just any old book: “Designed by Apple in California” chronicles 20 years of Apple design, the material and the techniques used, from the seminal 1998 iMac up to last year’s Apple Pencil.Read more...
12 Nov 2016
Karma come down: All you have to do is search for GoPro Karma Crash on YouTube and you will find a growing number of videos from people whose craft has turned turtle at several hundred feet and dropped to the ground.Read more...
06 Nov 2016
Remember those rather lovely LG 4K & 5K UltraFine Displays that Apple launched a couple of weeks back? Well, they've already come down in price by 25%.Read more...
03 Nov 2016
One of the consequences of the massive R&D spend on the computer in your pocket is that new technology is appearing there first — and that includes some tools and techniques that we’d like to see on our film and video cameras.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47728) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8604) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7906) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7112) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5393) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (592) Remembering Final Cut Pro 7 - the end of an era
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (669) Atomos Sumo monitors to receive new capabilities with firmware updates [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (991) IBC 2017 - Have manufacturers stopped playing the numbers game?
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (4186) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (2464) Ignite Express: a very capable set of free plugins
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video