Technology & Computing
24 Sep 2016
RedShark Replay: On July 20 1969, Neil Armstrong descended the steps of the Lunar Lander and became the first man ever to walk on the surface of the moon. What few people realise though is that the grainy, ghostlike images we all associate with that event were not the best quality ones recorded and that the tapes of that original…Read more...
*Now* we’re living in the future. Holographic TV has been a mainstay of science fiction for years to such as extent that even the BBC can’t resist namechecking the Princess Leia hologram from Star Wars: A New Hope when it talks about it. Science fiction though has a way of becoming science reality.Read more...
17 Sep 2016
NASA’s mission to Mars could be the dominant world news story of the 2020’s with the Agency saying that video is essential to its technical and scientific success as well as mankind’s ability to experience an entirely new world.Read more...
15 Sep 2016
The Apple Upgrade Program is now rolling out in the UK and China after debuting in the US last year and is the main reason why I’m glaring balefully at the iPhone 6S Plus on my desk.Read more...
08 Sep 2016
And it’s not just all about the lack of an audio jack in the chassis either, as there are some powerful new features on the camera side of things with the new iPhone. By K Stewart.Read more...
05 Sep 2016
As the last major consumer electronics show before Christmas, the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) show in Berlin carries considerable momentum into the present-giving season and electronics firms were focussing on Virtual Reality and HDR screens to turn consumer heads.Read more...
On Saturday, NASA’s Juno probe made the first of its 36 orbital flybys of Jupiter, passing within approximately 2600 miles of the planet’s swirling cloudscape at a relative speed of 130,000mph. So, how do you take a photo at that speed?Read more...
- Saturday 15 Jul 2017 - (20526) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Tuesday 18 Jul 2017 - (11332) The real purpose of the RED Hydrogen smartphone
- Saturday 22 Jul 2017 - (10919) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (9032) Samsung launches HDR LED cinema screen
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (8296) Why the Moon landing was not a hoax filmed in slow motion
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (358) Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm: a lot of lens for the money
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (385) Filmmakers love retro lenses... how about retro cameras?
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1291) Sony FS5 update adds ability to change minimum ISO and more
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1432) Are we at the tipping point where flash memory is the new normal?
- Sunday 23 Jul 2017 - (2131) Lumu Power: an impressively accurate iOS light meter
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video