Technology & Computing
16 Nov 2012
Gary Hango, an expert in video effects and processing, is also an enthusiastic Lightworks user. In part 2 of this series, he introduces the language Lightworks uses to create video effects, and shows how you can write your own.Read more...
16 Nov 2012
Fifteen years ago, audio over the Internet was broadcast - and stored - as RealAudio. For those of us listening in over dial-up or downloading one-minute clips, it was an unexceptional entry into the world of new media. Kieron Seth wonders what will happen to our soon-to-be outdated media files.Read more...
Putting things back into focus is one of those things that always seemed destined to be just a dream. Wouldn't it be great if - after the shoot - you could just tweak something and your images would look sharp and crisp - just as if they'd been photographed properly in the first place?Read more...
14 Nov 2012
If you or I were asked, given current technology, to create a system to record and display moving images, we probably wouldn’t build what actually exists right now. We'd do it completely differently, says Phil Rhodes.Read more...
14 Nov 2012
Light Illusion's new SpaceMatch DCM software promises to guarantee facility-wide colour matching of PC displays by circumventing the standard ICC Profiles that can throw things badly out of kilter.Read more...
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (13852) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13666) Why you should use prime lenses
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (10279) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (6586) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
- Sunday 26 Mar 2017 - (6121) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (29) Some notable 360° video projects from the virtual front [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (552) RedShark exclusive video interview with Avid Chairman and CEO, Louis Hernandez Jr
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (4014) AMD’s Revolutionary Ryzen: Is this the chip to make you move from Intel?
- Monday 27 Mar 2017 - (1557) Atomos uploads free CDNG update for Shogun range
- Monday 27 Mar 2017 - (1952) VariCam: Exquisitely sensitive and colourful [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video