Technology & Computing
19 Oct 2012
In an exclusive interview with RedShark, WiGig Alliance President Dr Ali Sadri revealed for the first time that the new ultra-fast wireless networking system will include H.264, 4:4:4 intra-frame encoding and decoding at very high bitrates.Read more...
Microsoft has just started taking orders for their Surface tablets. While tablets may seem largely irrelevant to NLE users, there's something very significant about Surface that is easy to miss: the more expensive ones are actually PCs.Read more...
16 Oct 2012
Taken with something of a sense of irony, a camera phone can't do justice to the magnificence of an 8K, 33 megapixel video screen.Read more...
16 Oct 2012
Tungstène is an application used to detect digital image manipulation. It's a heavy-weight mathematical engine with a GUI front-end. It doesn't only rely on metadata or other tamper-sensitive information in the image, but mainly analyses the image itself. Erik Vlietinck reports.Read more...
It’s here in black and white from the UK-based Digital Production Partnership, which is “an initiative set up by the UK's public service broadcasters to help producers and broadcasters maximise the potential benefits of digital production.”Read more...
15 Oct 2012
"We are living in an extended period of rapid change". There’s nothing particularly stand-out about that unremarkable sentence, until you start to think about what it really means. And then it starts to look quite strange.Read more...
LED lights are a big hit. With low power consumption, long life bulbs, a relatively high light output and little heat radiating onto the set, they have become highly sought after. Kieron Seth looks at the plusses and pitfalls of LED lighting.Read more...
11 Oct 2012
We only have a Google-Translated Japanese press-release to base this on, which might actually be instructions for barbecueing venison sausages for all we know, but if we're right, this could be a really big development for the media community.Read more...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24333) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (13901) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8784) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (7926) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6483) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1708) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (688) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (911) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (726) Finding the sweet spot for camera design
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (642) What Robert Altman's work can teach us about film audio
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video