Technology & Computing
13 Jan 2017
The Great Battery Mystery: Have you ever wondered why many devices from many manufacturers give inconsistent battery readings? We have the answer.Read more...
10 Jan 2017
Do we look at CES as a vision of the future, or do we look at it with a mixture of laughter and astonishment at how technology companies can find very complicated ways of doing simple things?Read more...
08 Jan 2017
RedShark Replay: Cooke lenses are coveted by top-end movie makers and any serious filmmaker that can afford them. Here's how they're made.Read more...
07 Jan 2017
Intel turns the standard technological model on its head by making the computer the peripheral. Is this the end of ridiculously short obsolescence cycles?Read more...
06 Jan 2017
If CES 2017 has proved anything this year it is that the momentum towards 8K is starting to really build, with Dell’s frankly jaw-dropping UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD 8K Monitor being the latest 8K kit to grab the headlines.Read more...
05 Jan 2017
A new 7th gen CPU and chipset combination of Kaby Lake and Z270 to replace Skylake and Z170 looks like a fantastic way to start 2017, however things are not quite what they seem.Read more...
03 Jan 2017
Samsung's M9500 Blu-ray player, an early release in the field of HDR-compatible consumer devices and on show later this week at CES, could signal the start of a movement away from Dolby Vision.Read more...
22 Dec 2016
A recent message from Apple’s Tim Cook to the company’s employees seems to allay fears that the Cupertino company is preparing to ditch the desktop. Until, that is, you read it a bit more closely.Read more...
15 Dec 2016
Slave to the algorithm: The next wave of technology that looks set to break over our collective heads with the promise of changing all before it is Artificial Intelligence. Here is a snapshot of the story so far.Read more...
- Saturday 12 Aug 2017 - (11222) 11 things filmmakers need to consider about audio
- Saturday 19 Aug 2017 - (11003) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Friday 18 Aug 2017 - (8246) Canon's powerful lower priced low light alternative
- Friday 11 Aug 2017 - (7539) The Sony FS7 II: best in class
- Monday 14 Aug 2017 - (5635) Five misconceptions about filming today
- Thursday 24 Aug 2017 - (129) 5 tips for flawless livestreaming
- Wednesday 23 Aug 2017 - (538) Why film the real world when you can make up completely new ones?
- Wednesday 23 Aug 2017 - (480) Stock footage is the key to making quality commercial video on-budget [Sponsored]
- Wednesday 23 Aug 2017 - (580) How post production keeps up with the pace of technology
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (752) Can you spot post colourisation?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video