Technology & Computing
13 Aug 2016
RedShark Summer Replay: Old cameras can teach us some essential lessons about using modern digital ones (first published February 2015).Read more...
08 Aug 2016
David Shapton uses a MacBook purchase to explore if we've reached the point where technology is "good enough" and what exactly that means for consumers and manufacturers.Read more...
08 Aug 2016
This image is from a recent test of NASA’s QM-2 rocket motor, set to be the most powerful in the world when it debuts in 2018, and it is the first outing of the Space Agency’s equally impressive new High Dynamic Range Stereo X (HiDyRS-X) camera.Read more...
06 Aug 2016
RedShark Summer Replay: With computer graphics power increasing faster than Moore's Law, we've come a long way in seventeen years...Read more...
05 Aug 2016
In this introductory article, Phil Rhodes kicks off a new series on HDR by taking a step back and explaining high dynamic range display tech and what it really means to display HDR images.Read more...
27 Jul 2016
Once upon a time Siggraph was all about new CGI software. This year at least it seems to have been dominated by graphics cards, and AMD Radeon’s Solid State Graphics tech promises the most extreme performance jump yet.Read more...
27 Jul 2016
Under a week after the launch of the Titan X, Nvidia has unveiled the Quadro P6000, which it claims to be its highest performance graphics board ever.Read more...
25 Jul 2016
11 teraflops, 12GB GDDR5X, around $1,200...Craig Marshall on Nvidia’s latest Pascal-generation graphic card which even the company itself suggests boasts ‘an irresponsible amount of power’.Read more...
21 Jul 2016
Sony has made good on its big CES 2016 reveal, opening up pre-orders for its Z-series of 4K HDR TVs.Read more...
- Thursday 13 Apr 2017 - (12946) Powerful alternatives to that new Apple workstation
- Monday 24 Apr 2017 - (11911) Resolve 14 is the software’s biggest upgrade ever
- Saturday 22 Apr 2017 - (9900) Avid goes free: Meet Media Composer First
- Monday 17 Apr 2017 - (8463) Light L16 camera to ship in July and look like this
- Tuesday 25 Apr 2017 - (8054) New firmware for Sony cameras
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (31) GoPro talks 'over-capture' with Fusion
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (340) Pond5 - 7.2 million clips and growing [video]
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (505) How Boxcast has solved three big 4K streaming problems [video]
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (2263) Bluetooth: the Ursa Mini Pro’s really useful hidden feature
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (1679) DJI and Hasselblad introduce 100MP aerial photograph platform
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video