Technology & Computing
21 Dec 2015
While it’s not quite the Saturn V launches of yesteryear that can still hold us welded to a monitor for hours, Orbital ATK’s Cygnus rocket heading off to the ISS is suitably impressive in 4K.Read more...
17 Dec 2015
LG unleashes a pre-emptive strike on the competition by announcing its CES lineup weeks before the show.Read more...
17 Dec 2015
It is one of those counter-intuitive sounding things, but Netflix has a new plan for making sure that its video content hits your monitor in the best condition possible, even if that means lower resolution.Read more...
17 Dec 2015
Leave it to the braniacs at Disney Research to pioneer an automated way to blend the facial expressions from two takes into one new performance.Read more...
15 Dec 2015
Our US Editor has launched a new content site that features an image player capable of flashing images at durations measured in milliseconds. Yet, its success may hinge on getting users to embrace a novel user interface.Read more...
14 Dec 2015
RedShark Replay: The white heat of technology - Phil Rhodes talks about white light and a possible means of obtaining it with the minimum possible use of power.Read more...
10 Dec 2015
Cooke /i3 is gaining widespread support among manufacturers and software makers that cater to high-end productions.Read more...
09 Dec 2015
Remember the long-rumoured Apple television set? According to reports, it looks like Cupertino’s equally long-rumoured live TV streaming service is heading towards the same vapourware graveyard.Read more...
08 Dec 2015
The cinema had the latest 4K equipment - and the trailers looked wonderful. So why when I went to see Spectre did the main feature look so bad?Read more...
07 Dec 2015
Today we're talking about file formats again and the differentiation between containers and their contents. If you have ever felt that AVI (or MPEG, or MXF) files don't offer the same picture quality as Quicktime (or anything else), this should clear the matter up.Read more...
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34548) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (28079) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23304) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (7014) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (6127) VEGAS is back, and it's in very good shape
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (520) The best quality video you will ever see
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (909) iZotope announces its newest mixing plug-in: Neutron
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (3738) How the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic drones will change the industry
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (3728) Low light photography continues to impress
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (1373) RED provides a masterclass in good customer service
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX