Technology & Computing
The news that we'll soon be able to buy 10TB Flash memory is pretty amazing in itself, but what it will mean for video users is even more astonishing.Read more...
History shows that we don't always see the big discoveries coming. The technological landscape can change overnight and there's never been a better time for this to happenRead more...
Yes up to 64GB of memory is impressive, but the real step change that the latest Mac Pro ushered in was the sheer amount of Floating Point Operations Per Second it could crank through. Guest Author Tommy Byrd on the importance of the FLOP.Read more...
In this Sponsored Article, we learn a bit of the history of file transfers over the internet, why all cloud services are not created equal, and more about a current product that may be the answer to your cloud-based file transer needs.Read more...
In the third part of our four part series on video processing and standards conversion, Phil Rhodes explains why frame rate conversions and temporal remapping is such arduous tasks.Read more...
Here's another chance to read Peter Haas's epic article on when you should use raw. (It's over a year old, so you may find some of the references outdated, but it's still an important read).Read more...
The new ALEXA XST is a technological tour-de-force that uses ARRI's classic sensor. How does it get 4K from this less-than-4K imager? And what are the advantages of this approach?Read more...
As part of an ongoing strategy to get its chipsets into more devices, nVidia has launched Shield, its own set-top box games console based on the new Android TV operating system. What’s more, it supports 4K media playback at 60fps.Read more...
Here's a taste of what's to come: real time processing in a web browserRead more...
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47572) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13969) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12522) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11615) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9278) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (435) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (853) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1014) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (936) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1223) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts
3D 4K 8K Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX