Technology & Computing
16 Jan 2017
AMD's new Zen-based CPU architecture will last until 2020 and beyond and is rolling out in three distinct forms - desktop, mobile and server - throughout this year. Leo Waldock, for one, is looking forward to it.Read more...
Long-standing rumours that Apple is planning to enter the content business itself and go toe-to-toe with the likes of Netflix and Amazon got a big boost following a Wall St Journal article at the end of last week.Read more...
13 Jan 2017
The Great Battery Mystery: Have you ever wondered why many devices from many manufacturers give inconsistent battery readings? We have the answer.Read more...
10 Jan 2017
Do we look at CES as a vision of the future, or do we look at it with a mixture of laughter and astonishment at how technology companies can find very complicated ways of doing simple things?Read more...
08 Jan 2017
RedShark Replay: Cooke lenses are coveted by top-end movie makers and any serious filmmaker that can afford them. Here's how they're made.Read more...
07 Jan 2017
Intel turns the standard technological model on its head by making the computer the peripheral. Is this the end of ridiculously short obsolescence cycles?Read more...
06 Jan 2017
If CES 2017 has proved anything this year it is that the momentum towards 8K is starting to really build, with Dell’s frankly jaw-dropping UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD 8K Monitor being the latest 8K kit to grab the headlines.Read more...
05 Jan 2017
A new 7th gen CPU and chipset combination of Kaby Lake and Z270 to replace Skylake and Z170 looks like a fantastic way to start 2017, however things are not quite what they seem.Read more...
03 Jan 2017
Samsung's M9500 Blu-ray player, an early release in the field of HDR-compatible consumer devices and on show later this week at CES, could signal the start of a movement away from Dolby Vision.Read more...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24358) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (14527) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8822) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8016) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6522) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (210) This might be the tipping point for 8K
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (471) A timelapse system that works unattended for months
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (6118) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1081) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (1346) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video