Technology & Computing
With momentum building behind USB Type C — witness its recent alighting on the iPad Pro — there is a chance it could go on to be the next big thing in connectivity. Docks will help that process.Read more...
RedShark Replay: SSDs are a very good thing. But how do you decide which of the many types you should buy for your new workstation? By Leo Waldock.Read more...
In one of those stealth moves that makes you wonder if manufacturing ever talks to marketing, Apple’s newly shipping iPad Pro seems to feature very unannounced USB 3.0 support.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Phil Rhodes takes a trip down memory lane in the company of the venerable Commodore Amiga 4000, one of the formative machines from the age of digital video.Read more...
Hewlett-Packard chose New York to unveil the third generation of its Z-series laptop/workstations. Phil Rhodes was cautiously impressed by what he saw.Read more...
We revisit the 'eight-bit versus ten-bit' debate, exploring if eight-bit recording's days are numbered.Read more...
Apple TV boasts the slickest media streaming UI yet, but that's only a fraction of its true potential. By realising an app-based future for television, K Stewart reckons that this device really could rewrite the consumer rulebook.Read more...
Quantum film technology, by way of InVisage, has arrived as a tech advancement (as compared with phone cameras). But does it point the way forward for pro cameras?Read more...
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29881) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21026) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17840) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13268) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (9981) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (251) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (478) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2130) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5701) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2247) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?
3D 4K 8K Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD technology Thunderbolt UHD VFX