Technology & Computing
25 Jul 2016
11 teraflops, 12GB GDDR5X, around $1,200...Craig Marshall on Nvidia’s latest Pascal-generation graphic card which even the company itself suggests boasts ‘an irresponsible amount of power’.Read more...
21 Jul 2016
Sony has made good on its big CES 2016 reveal, opening up pre-orders for its Z-series of 4K HDR TVs.Read more...
21 Jul 2016
A new SSD from JMR Electronics, the 2TB SiloStor plug-in card, now means that there's no need for *any* HDD in a workstation anymore, even for high volume media storage.Read more...
20 Jul 2016
It might not be getting quite the amount of attention of Pokemon Go - what is? - but a new app that transforms photos into 'art' in the style of the masters is overloading servers worldwide and could point to the future of vector video.Read more...
16 Jul 2016
RedShark Replay: NLEs (Non Linear Editors - computer editing systems) have transformed the creative process since they were first introduced a quarter of a century ago. But how do they actually work?Read more...
15 Jul 2016
A recent trip to the IMAX theatre at Empire Leicester Square in London gave Phil Rhodes a chance to investigate the quality of current top-end laser projection for theatrical exhibition.Read more...
08 Jul 2016
Although it's a "standard" that devices don't support yet, the new UFS cards from Samsung write much faster than microSD and offer a glimpse into the future of storage that stretches beyond the mobile phone.Read more...
20 Jun 2016
While still very much in the 'experimental' category, the one thousand core barrier has been broken by engineers at UC Davis and IBM.Read more...
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21119) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15781) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12846) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11124) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7297) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (239) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1140) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (644) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3392) Nvidia’s new GTX Titan X: the home-brew DaVinci grading suite just became even easier and cheaper
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3557) IBC2016 updates from Canon, Cooke & more
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX