Technology & Computing
RedShark Replay: It just won’t go away, will it? However much you can prove with specifications that digital video is indisputably better than film, there’s a stubborn feeling that there’s more to it than the simple-to-prove facts. We think we've identified one, subtle, process that helps film to store more visible information than digital.Read more...
RedShark Replay: One day — soon — it may be possible to take almost perfect photos and videos with less-than-perfect lenses (first published back in 2013 but an appropriate replay given the fuss the Light L16 is causing).Read more...
There's buzz around a possible Intel Cannonlake 8-core processor for consumer desktop computers. Our Technical Editor tackles why software engineering difficulty increases with the number of cores and imagines what it would take for a more elegant PC computing solution.Read more...
Upstart camera maker Light is debuting an entirely new breed of camera that relies upon computational photography and multiple lenses - 16 of them - to take its rumoured 52MP images. [Update - shoots 4K video as well!]Read more...
HP has unveiled revamped versions of its leading entry-level workstation and may have accidentally leaked some other rather exciting info. By Leo Waldock.Read more...
Microsoft’s latest innovation, MobileFusion, turns any mobile phone into a 3D scanner without the need for any additional hardware.Read more...
Dell has updated its entry-level Precision Desktop Workstation computers, but the real stars are the new and improved Precision Mobile Workstations, bringing more editor-friendly enhancements to its already-popular power laptops.Read more...
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45151) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17792) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14881) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9788) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7627) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (592) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (5415) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1165) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3795) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (2151) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt
3D 4K 8K A7s Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX