Technology & Computing
19 Aug 2016
More is more: Simon Wyndham looks at some of the upcoming improvements for video tech - higher resolution, higher contrast and brightness, higher frame rates - and reckons we need to be continually pushing the boudaries if we ever want to emulate the way the natural world, and our natural eyes, work.Read more...
17 Aug 2016
In a new two-parter on GPUs, Phil Rhodes explores why the GPU has not yet made the CPU obsolete, and the times in which the sheer performance of a modern GPU gives you the best computing option available..Read more...
15 Aug 2016
After months of iPhone 7 gossip, the iPad rumour mill has suddenly kicked into high gear with noted Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo detailing his thoughts on a new iPad line-up. And Tim Cook has been discussing AR.Read more...
13 Aug 2016
RedShark Summer Replay: Old cameras can teach us some essential lessons about using modern digital ones (first published February 2015).Read more...
08 Aug 2016
David Shapton uses a MacBook purchase to explore if we've reached the point where technology is "good enough" and what exactly that means for consumers and manufacturers.Read more...
08 Aug 2016
This image is from a recent test of NASA’s QM-2 rocket motor, set to be the most powerful in the world when it debuts in 2018, and it is the first outing of the Space Agency’s equally impressive new High Dynamic Range Stereo X (HiDyRS-X) camera.Read more...
06 Aug 2016
RedShark Summer Replay: With computer graphics power increasing faster than Moore's Law, we've come a long way in seventeen years...Read more...
05 Aug 2016
In this introductory article, Phil Rhodes kicks off a new series on HDR by taking a step back and explaining high dynamic range display tech and what it really means to display HDR images.Read more...
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (61267) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 13 Aug 2016 - (33012) If you want to get the best out of digital, buy an old film camera.
- Thursday 11 Aug 2016 - (15819) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15372) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10224) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (117) IBC Rising Stars: Understanding the potential of VR
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (809) DJI launches new version of the Osmo handheld
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (1139) It's official: Canon confirms EOS 5D Mark IV spec
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (628) The EOS 5D changed everything, but video was only an afterthought
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (1186) Disney's Pete's Dragon soars into theaters with help from Adobe Creative Cloud [Sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro Grading HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX