Technology & Computing
16 Jan 2018
If you look at the world of PC graphics from the perspective of the consumer, we are forced to conclude that last year was a bit of a let-down. Let’s be clear, the current crop of graphics cards are the best we have ever seen, and in particular the GeForce GTX 1080 is a peach of a GPU. However, that…Read more...
12 Jan 2018
AI was a big theme of CES this year, with Samsung’s use of it to power the upscaling of lower res content to drive its new 8K screens particularly impressive.Read more...
Eastman Kodak is a name often associated with old technology, but its CES announcement that the 130 year-old company is developing its own cryptocurrency, the KodakCoin, is extremely 2018 in both good and bad ways.Read more...
08 Jan 2018
TV screens are always one of the main battlefronts at CES and with rollable screens, 8K OLED displays, and now Samsung’s massive The Wall, it already looks like 2018 is going to be a vintage year for new technology.Read more...
02 Jan 2018
Just when you think the days of mechanical storage are ebbing, Toshiba has come along and injected new life into the technology with a rather staggering 14TB drive, without the need for shingling.Read more...
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (55532) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Sunday 7 Jan 2018 - (53929) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Sunday 14 Jan 2018 - (51388) RAID: Everything you need to know
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (11028) Panasonic unveils the GH5S: a new GH5 firmly aimed at video
- Tuesday 2 Jan 2018 - (7800) FCP X 10.4 - the best update yet to the highly capable software
- Tuesday 16 Jan 2018 - (575) Remember the Apertus AXIOM? Here's the latest update
- Tuesday 16 Jan 2018 - (2619) What is the state of the art in PC graphics?
- Tuesday 16 Jan 2018 - (736) Kyno media management software receives major update
- Monday 15 Jan 2018 - (1923) Is it wrong to grade on a consumer monitor?
- Monday 15 Jan 2018 - (1019) Rokinon releases 14mm F2.8 AF prime for Canon EF mount
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video