Here's a video tutorial to model a CGI strawberry. Although it's specifically for Cinema 4D, those using other 3D modeling and animation programs could pick up some tips as well.
Analogue systems are not intrinsically better than digital ones, but they are tied up in the complex history of what sounds and images mean to us and explain why they, and the 'film look', remain so important.
Around the world, billions of hours of video footage are sitting on shelves or in archives. Most of it may be of very limited interest, but some of it is a vital part of our cultural history. This footage is under threat from two sides: not only is the tape that the recordings are stored on degrading, but the machines required to play them back are slowly disappearing
Just in case you thought for a moment you’d fallen asleep and woken up in 2022, I’d better say that again: Nokia now has a 41 Megapixel phone.
The trouble with that statement is that, even if it were true (which it is, says Nokia) it just doesn’t seem right - because that number of pixels packed into a mobile-phone type sensor would just be, well, rubbish, wouldn’t it? And anyway, are we really ready for a phone with a bigger pixel resolution than Super Hi Vision?
Using just a single RED Epic and a simple 75mm master prime… oh, and an old building crammed with actors, dancers, acrobats, complex lighting, technicians, directors, producers and the film crew, this amazingly complex video was captured at 300 fps in a single shot
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47572) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13969) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12522) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11615) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9278) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (436) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (853) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1014) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (936) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1223) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts