A recent newspaper article made surprisingly precise predictions about the video industry fifteen years from today. We show why that would be difficult to do three years ahead, never mind fifteen!
Red Bull is nowadays a name perhaps even more synonymous with action sports and extreme filmmaking than it is with the drink that started the whole show. A new series of films reveals what it takes to produce eye-popping adventure sports videos.
Around the world, billions of hours of video footage are sitting on shelves or in archives. Most of it may be of very limited interest, but some of it is a vital part of our cultural history. This footage is under threat from two sides: not only is the tape that the recordings are stored on degrading, but the machines required to play them back are slowly disappearing
Opinion: Video killed the, er, video star. There's an overwhelming amount of video on the internet, but have we entered into a phase of viewer fatigue? And how will the current video usage trends impact future productions?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17236) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12154) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7122) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5843) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5500) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (190) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (541) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1472) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1832) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1397) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]