Video mapping, 3D projection mapping, whatever you want to call it, the art form opens up new possibilities for video professionals.
Remember all those old video graphics modes you used to get in the late eighties? You have to be a certain age to remember the frisson of excitement when you realised that your next computer could display sixteen colours instead of four
Using just a single RED Epic and a simple 75mm master prime… oh, and an old building crammed with actors, dancers, acrobats, complex lighting, technicians, directors, producers and the film crew, this amazingly complex video was captured at 300 fps in a single shot
Just in case you thought for a moment you’d fallen asleep and woken up in 2022, I’d better say that again: Nokia now has a 41 Megapixel phone.
The trouble with that statement is that, even if it were true (which it is, says Nokia) it just doesn’t seem right - because that number of pixels packed into a mobile-phone type sensor would just be, well, rubbish, wouldn’t it? And anyway, are we really ready for a phone with a bigger pixel resolution than Super Hi Vision?
How do you sell yourself to clients? Is it by talking about your skills or your equipment?
Here's a video tutorial to model a CGI strawberry. Although it's specifically for Cinema 4D, those using other 3D modeling and animation programs could pick up some tips as well.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46443) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17141) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11991) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11574) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11015) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (474) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1273) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1585) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2791) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1897) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite