Around the world, billions of hours of video footage are sitting on shelves or in archives. Most of it may be of very limited interest, but some of it is a vital part of our cultural history. This footage is under threat from two sides: not only is the tape that the recordings are stored on degrading, but the machines required to play them back are slowly disappearing
Here's a video tutorial to model a CGI strawberry. Although it's specifically for Cinema 4D, those using other 3D modeling and animation programs could pick up some tips as well.
I decided to create a round up of lots of videos I’ve found from all over the internet, that were shot with the new Magic Lantern Raw video feature. The idea being that you can find a lot of video and information in one place without having to search everywhere! Hopefully this can give you a bit of a real idea of the breakthrough too
According to a report by Cisco, video accounted for over 50% of mobile data traffic in 2012 and is expected to rise to 66.5% by 2017. The rise is driven both by increased viewing of videos and by more people viewing content in HD.
Just in case you thought for a moment you’d fallen asleep and woken up in 2022, I’d better say that again: Nokia now has a 41 Megapixel phone.
The trouble with that statement is that, even if it were true (which it is, says Nokia) it just doesn’t seem right - because that number of pixels packed into a mobile-phone type sensor would just be, well, rubbish, wouldn’t it? And anyway, are we really ready for a phone with a bigger pixel resolution than Super Hi Vision?
Using just a single RED Epic and a simple 75mm master prime… oh, and an old building crammed with actors, dancers, acrobats, complex lighting, technicians, directors, producers and the film crew, this amazingly complex video was captured at 300 fps in a single shot
Analogue systems are not intrinsically better than digital ones, but they are tied up in the complex history of what sounds and images mean to us and explain why they, and the 'film look', remain so important.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (23939) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22664) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14871) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Friday 22 Jan 2016 - (8809) Shooting on Super 8 in the 21st century
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5950) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (275) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1767) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1848) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2427) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2849) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5