Analogue systems are not intrinsically better than digital ones, but they are tied up in the complex history of what sounds and images mean to us and explain why they, and the 'film look', remain so important.
The Canon 1DC is the best part of a year old now (since the first review samples went out) but, despite the fact that all modern DSLRs have a sensor that's way in advance of 4K's 8 megapixels, there are still no other "traditional" 4K DSLRs out there
How do you sell yourself to clients? Is it by talking about your skills or your equipment?
Here's a video tutorial to model a CGI strawberry. Although it's specifically for Cinema 4D, those using other 3D modeling and animation programs could pick up some tips as well.
I decided to create a round up of lots of videos I’ve found from all over the internet, that were shot with the new Magic Lantern Raw video feature. The idea being that you can find a lot of video and information in one place without having to search everywhere! Hopefully this can give you a bit of a real idea of the breakthrough too
- Saturday 28 May 2016 - (44113) 10 things Editors would like to say to Directors
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (25778) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20594) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (9667) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (8512) The Sony PXW-Z150: “It is astounding what Sony has achieved for this price.”
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (500) Panasonic PTZ network cameras use Newtek’s NDI
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (743) The Olympics are going to be the biggest 8K test yet
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (3442) RedShark Review: Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (798) Can VR really live up to the hype?
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (1964) 5.6Tbps broadband tests - that's 200 feature films per second