Two very different genre shows, HBO’s Game of Thrones which finished last night and the BBC’s ongoing Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, have convinced us that we are in a new era of television special effects and that TV can now do (nearly) everything that film can.
With RedShark's 4K month just two weeks away, 3NET Studios, a joint venture owned by Sony, Discovery and IMAX, has announced that its initial slate of TV series and specials will include the first ever 4K television series: Space.
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (44645) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17161) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14777) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9681) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7547) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (82) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (237) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (1013) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (968) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (931) So, where's all the new stuff?