Two very different genre shows, HBO’s Game of Thrones which finished last night and the BBC’s ongoing Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, have convinced us that we are in a new era of television special effects and that TV can now do (nearly) everything that film can.
It's started. The most important part of Sony's 4K ecosystem is in the shops: an 84" Bravia TV with quad HD resolution.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38382) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25096) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10010) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8565) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6442) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (366) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (2331) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (824) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1159) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1038) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means