With RedShark's 4K month just two weeks away, 3NET Studios, a joint venture owned by Sony, Discovery and IMAX, has announced that its initial slate of TV series and specials will include the first ever 4K television series: Space.
It's started. The most important part of Sony's 4K ecosystem is in the shops: an 84" Bravia TV with quad HD resolution.
Perhaps the biggest progress in TVs in the last twenty years is the sheer beauty of their design, and the engineering marvels that have made it possible
Two very different genre shows, HBO’s Game of Thrones which finished last night and the BBC’s ongoing Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, have convinced us that we are in a new era of television special effects and that TV can now do (nearly) everything that film can.
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (44999) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17564) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14846) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9765) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7599) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (299) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (4403) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (987) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3131) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (1898) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt