Perhaps the biggest progress in TVs in the last twenty years is the sheer beauty of their design, and the engineering marvels that have made it possible
Two very different genre shows, HBO’s Game of Thrones which finished last night and the BBC’s ongoing Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, have convinced us that we are in a new era of television special effects and that TV can now do (nearly) everything that film can.
It's started. The most important part of Sony's 4K ecosystem is in the shops: an 84" Bravia TV with quad HD resolution.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37854) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24648) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8126) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6298) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5260) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (556) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (5131) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (1242) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1688) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (2057) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware