It's started. The most important part of Sony's 4K ecosystem is in the shops: an 84" Bravia TV with quad HD resolution.
With RedShark's 4K month just two weeks away, 3NET Studios, a joint venture owned by Sony, Discovery and IMAX, has announced that its initial slate of TV series and specials will include the first ever 4K television series: Space.
Two very different genre shows, HBO’s Game of Thrones which finished last night and the BBC’s ongoing Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, have convinced us that we are in a new era of television special effects and that TV can now do (nearly) everything that film can.
Perhaps the biggest progress in TVs in the last twenty years is the sheer beauty of their design, and the engineering marvels that have made it possible
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24009) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22683) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14917) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (6397) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5995) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (618) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2241) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2138) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2733) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2961) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5