This is one of the first 4K still image grabs from the Panasonic GH5 we've seen and we have to say they look amazing. You can find out a lot more about the camera tomorrow afternoon too as we'll have one in the studio with us when we live stream a show about both it and what else is coming down the pipe in 2017.
The Panasonic GH5 represents a significant upgrade over the previous GH4, which is all the more impressive given that its very popular successor isn’t even three years old yet. Here, in detail, are all the upgrades and improvements.
The $2000 Panasonic GH5, launched on Wednesday at CES, is a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with 4K 60p/50p recording, and 4:2:2 10-bit shooting in 4K at up to 30p. With an additional 6K Photo Mode, it looks like an incredibly powerful all-rounder.
The first thing we noticed when we saw the GH5 at a press preview was that it had very low noise in comparison its predecessor. This video from Andrew Dean seems to prove it.
We have our hands on one of the first Panasonic GH5s to reach UK shores and a full review is coming very soon to RedShark. But, in the meantime, here are a few images to whet your appetite, along with a couple of observations.
RedShark has obtained one of the very first production-quality Panasonic GH5 cameras and we'll have expert Richard Payne from Holdan talking live with RedShark Editor-In-Chief, David Shapton, about the camera from our studio. We'll also have Jason Diamond, Cinematographer, live from NYC.
Since it was announced last year, the Panasonic GH5 has been making waves throughout the industry. RedShark has got its hands on one of the first production models released and, in our comprehensive hands-on review below, you can find out exactly what all the fuss is about. This is a game-changer.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (19206) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12704) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12519) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (8279) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (7374) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (166) How the Unreal Engine could change the way we make films
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (344) Join Sony for a webinar on HDR production, Thursday 7th March
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (625) YouTube unveils its live TV service
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (1072) The *really* shameful Oscar moment
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (933) How to bring video into... everything! [sponsored]