Why is a big company like Panasonic licensing ProRes not from Apple but from Atomos?
Here's another take on the Panasonic AJ-PX270, a camera that Redshark News contributor Barry Braverman called "a broadcast camera in the palm of your hand." In this video review, Matthew Abourezk explores whether this camera could replace your DSLR for video.
Internet forums, YouTube and magazines are full of articles extolling the virtues of large sensor video cameras, whether it's the Red Epic or the Canon C300. But should we be obsessed with the Big Chips, or do they have a downside as well. Kieron Seth investigates.
The just-announced Panasonic DMC-G7 carries a lot of the features and abilities of its older (and more expensive) cousin, the GH4, including 4K video recording, at less than half the cost. However, there are things you should consider before plopping down your dough on a pre-order.
IBC will see Panasonic unveil a new, optimised studio camera that the company says is ideally suited to drama productions, reports Kate Large
This is a camera that's small enough to always have with you, but don't be deceived by the size: it's a very good imager, as Barry Braverman finds out
When recording 8-bit 4K internally with the Panasonic GH4, you must take great care in finding the correct settings for shadows and highlights, as illustrated in a comparison video by RedShark contributor Chris Cory.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47366) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13650) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12428) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11532) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9163) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (390) Roku 4 adds 4K streaming
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (829) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (611) You can't always trust your television
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1664) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (2520) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor