If you’ve purchased a Panasonic mirrorless camera (GX8, G7, FZ300, GH4) within the past year or so, there is a good chance you’ll be able to reap the benefits of some clever new technology that allows you to adjust focus after shooting. (By Kevin Luiz & RedShark News Staff)
Timed with the start of Photokina, Panasonic releases the Lumix LX100, a diminutive, fixed lens 4K camera that's aimed squarely at video shooters.
How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
The NAB exhibition in Las Vegas starts on Monday 8th of April, and the RedShark team is packing its bags ready for a long flight to Nevada on Friday. Stand by for NAB's big and surprising announcements
London's Soho is a bit of a contradiction when it comes to technology. There are more post production facilities in this square mile than in the rest of the country. Every broom cupboard houses at least three video editors. Only a decade ago, almost every Soho pedestrian carried a Digi Beta tape or even a can of film. Now, it's hard disks
With a 4/3 sensor, 4K recording and a Leica lens that should really cost more than the camera itself, this is a pretty amazing camera. There may be better ones costing a lot more, but for the money, Neil Roberts thinks the LX100 is a great buy
When recording 8-bit 4K internally with the Panasonic GH4, you must take great care in finding the correct settings for shadows and highlights, as illustrated in a comparison video by RedShark contributor Chris Cory.
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42051) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30417) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21389) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19349) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14428) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (409) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (857) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (898) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - only one day left
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1231) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1225) ARRI Amira now captures in Prores 4444 XQ