Timed with the start of Photokina, Panasonic releases the Lumix LX100, a diminutive, fixed lens 4K camera that's aimed squarely at video shooters.
Ned Soltz admits he doesn't usually venture opinions of products based merely upon the spec sheet, but he's willing to make an exception for the newly-announced Panasonic Varicam LT.
Richard Payne, Technical Presales Manager for Panasonic Broadcast distributor Holdan in the UK, has got his hands on an engineering sample of the new Panasonic DVX200 and is very, very impressed.
We never get tired of watching footage from this amazing little device
Last year at NAB, Panasonic revealed its concept for a 4K varicam camcorder. And what a concept it was, with a large sensor and a revolutionary Android-based user interface. It looked like a genuinely new and refreshing idea for the incoming era of 4K or Ultra High Definition
We're seeing an interesting trend in consumer display technology shaping up at this year's Consumer Electronics Show that could impact filmmakers and video content producers.
How is it that Sony is now the leading innovator with still cameras that can be used for video?
Although CES 2015 may be over, there's still more news from the convention, as Panasonic unleashes two sub-$1000 4K camcorders with some very interesting features.
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21145) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (8602) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (8426) The Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera: "A great addition to anyone's arsenal."
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (8045) 5 things every video editor should have on their hard drive [sponsored]
- Monday 18 Apr 2016 - (6355) Dramatic updates for URSA Mini and new products from Blackmagic
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (318) Watching the Titanic sink in realtime
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (658) Don't panic - it's just log!
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (2315) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (1030) RedShark's Teradek NAB live tv shows - Episode I, Nick Rashby, President, AJA
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (736) The Zeiss VR One: an important headset for the future?