In August last year we reported on rumors that Panasonic's first 4K camera was likely to be a video-capable still camera, which would probably be called the GH4. Now, it looks like we were right, with a sighting at CES
This is a camera that's small enough to always have with you, but don't be deceived by the size: it's a very good imager, as Barry Braverman finds out
Half the weight, half the price, two-thirds of the size but with most of the same functionality of its big brother, Panasonic's new Varicam LT is a very good and a very important new Cinema Production camera. Here's how and why.
Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reports from London's BVE 2015, both a precursor to the forthcoming NAB and a possible indicator of what we'll see there.
Sony and Panasonic have announced that they are working together to develop the next generation of Optical Discs for Archive purposes
RedShark 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Guest writer, Wild Dog Limited’s Andrew Johnstone, is at a film gear crossroads - should he purchase his next documentary camera or stick with the 'old reliable'.
The just-announced Panasonic DMC-G7 carries a lot of the features and abilities of its older (and more expensive) cousin, the GH4, including 4K video recording, at less than half the cost. However, there are things you should consider before plopping down your dough on a pre-order.
London's Soho is a bit of a contradiction when it comes to technology. There are more post production facilities in this square mile than in the rest of the country. Every broom cupboard houses at least three video editors. Only a decade ago, almost every Soho pedestrian carried a Digi Beta tape or even a can of film. Now, it's hard disks
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38550) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25205) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10317) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8696) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6562) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (157) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (740) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (589) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (964) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (4421) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price