Panasonic has just released a firmware update which delivers a raft of new recording modes and features for the Varicam 35 and Varicam HS cameras.
London's Soho is a bit of a contradiction when it comes to technology. There are more post production facilities in this square mile than in the rest of the country. Every broom cupboard houses at least three video editors. Only a decade ago, almost every Soho pedestrian carried a Digi Beta tape or even a can of film. Now, it's hard disks
Panasonic’s FZ1000 stunned the industry when it was launched just over two years ago, and while its successor doesn’t represent quite the same great leap forward it provides a serious amount of camera in the £1000 bracket.
We're seeing an interesting trend in consumer display technology shaping up at this year's Consumer Electronics Show that could impact filmmakers and video content producers.
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.
According to Panasonic, its latest update to the GH4 and YAGHE camera firmware is not only to improve compatibility of the two AG models with the Atomos Shogun recorder which records UHD via HDMI at 10-bit 4:2:2, but it also lets the two units output 25p and 30p while filming in Full HD.
The Blackmagic Micro Studio 4K camera, a unit that packs a sizeable punch for something camera roughly the same dimensions as your computer mouse. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17083) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12130) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5828) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5345) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (368) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (870) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1580) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1267) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1075) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR