How is it that Sony is now the leading innovator with still cameras that can be used for video?
RedShark News contributor Kevin Luiz proves that you don't need the most expensive camera to achieve great results. You just need talent and a compelling subject.
The Panasonic GH2 and GH3 punched way above their weight and produced wonderful video for their price. Now, with the announcement of the GH4, we'll soon find out if the new camera will change the 4K landscape in the way its predecessors did for "mere" HD.
There was a lot of news at IBC2014, particularly on the camera and camera accessory front, and we published a lot of stories as a result (with more still in the pipeline). Here, in case you’ve missed any of our coverage, are the highlights so far (with added Photokina).
At IBC2014, storage media giant SanDisk announced a world's first: an SD card with a whopping 512GB, or half-a-terabyte, capacity!
Opinion: Guest writer, Wild Dog Limited’s Andrew Johnstone, is at a film gear crossroads - should he purchase his next documentary camera or stick with the 'old reliable'.
As NAB Show 2015 quickly approaches, we survey the buzz around rumored announcements from Canon, Sony, Panasonic and Blackmagic Design.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29931) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21042) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17870) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13349) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10040) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (286) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (828) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (590) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2522) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (6208) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post