Sony and Panasonic have announced that they are working together to develop the next generation of Optical Discs for Archive purposes
This is a genuine suprise: Panasonic is first off the starting line with its 4K full frame rate POV camera
According to Panasonic, its latest update to the GH4 and YAGHE camera firmware is not only to improve compatibility of the two AG models with the Atomos Shogun recorder which records UHD via HDMI at 10-bit 4:2:2, but it also lets the two units output 25p and 30p while filming in Full HD.
The statement by Olympic Broadcast Services’ Yiannis Exarchos that the organisation will not be providing a 4K feed from the Rio Olympics next year has taken a lot of people by surprise, and even caused some to question the whole shift towards 4K. Andy Stout explains why it’s really not that important.
For those with a Sony A7s or Panasonic GH4, here's a bit of good news: the Atomos is officially accepting pre-orders for the Shogun, the world's first 4K HDMI recorder, and throwing a Spyder into the mix.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38581) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25222) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10372) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8709) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6572) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (324) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (847) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (664) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1083) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (4924) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price