The Panasonic GH2 and GH3 punched way above their weight and produced wonderful video for their price. Now, with the announcement of the GH4, we'll soon find out if the new camera will change the 4K landscape in the way its predecessors did for "mere" HD.
This is a camera that's small enough to always have with you, but don't be deceived by the size: it's a very good imager, as Barry Braverman finds out
There was a lot of news at IBC2014, particularly on the camera and camera accessory front, and we published a lot of stories as a result (with more still in the pipeline). Here, in case you’ve missed any of our coverage, are the highlights so far (with added Photokina).
Richard Payne, Technical Presales Manager for Panasonic Broadcast distributor Holdan in the UK, has got his hands on an engineering sample of the new Panasonic DVX200 and is very, very impressed.
The Panasonic Lumix GH3 keeps amazing us with the quality of the video it can create in capable hands. Regular RedShark contributor Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions takes us to Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, where the clear skies, geometric patterns and striking buildings are the perfect way to test a camera
A new app allows both Android and iOS smartphone and tablet users to project images wirelessly, reports Kate Large
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29999) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21105) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17923) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13513) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10118) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9155) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1053) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (664) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1433) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (727) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?