Although CES 2015 may be over, there's still more news from the convention, as Panasonic unleashes two sub-$1000 4K camcorders with some very interesting features.
Internet forums, YouTube and magazines are full of articles extolling the virtues of large sensor video cameras, whether it's the Red Epic or the Canon C300. But should we be obsessed with the Big Chips, or do they have a downside as well. Kieron Seth investigates.
Timed with the start of Photokina, Panasonic releases the Lumix LX100, a diminutive, fixed lens 4K camera that's aimed squarely at video shooters.
There was a lot of news at IBC2014, particularly on the camera and camera accessory front, and we published a lot of stories as a result (with more still in the pipeline). Here, in case you’ve missed any of our coverage, are the highlights so far (with added Photokina).
For those with a Sony A7s or Panasonic GH4, here's a bit of good news: the Atomos is officially accepting pre-orders for the Shogun, the world's first 4K HDMI recorder, and throwing a Spyder into the mix.
At IBC2014, storage media giant SanDisk announced a world's first: an SD card with a whopping 512GB, or half-a-terabyte, capacity!
How is it that Sony is now the leading innovator with still cameras that can be used for video?
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (23967) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22674) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14892) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (6185) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5974) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (479) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2061) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2014) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2600) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2909) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5