Without too much fanfare, Sony and Panasonic have signed a "basic" agreement to jointly develop a standard for professional-use next-generation optical disks
From the opening days of CES onwards, 2016 was awash with new cameras that pushed every level of the industry onwards to ever greater heights. From the prosumer DSLRs to the rarefied high-end of 8K shooting, here are some of the highlights.
At IBC2014, storage media giant SanDisk announced a world's first: an SD card with a whopping 512GB, or half-a-terabyte, capacity!
We're seeing an interesting trend in consumer display technology shaping up at this year's Consumer Electronics Show that could impact filmmakers and video content producers.
With a 4/3 sensor, 4K recording and a Leica lens that should really cost more than the camera itself, this is a pretty amazing camera. There may be better ones costing a lot more, but for the money, Neil Roberts thinks the LX100 is a great buy
RedShark Replay: How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
It looks like Panasonic has been working alongside Codex to deliver a totally integrated and smaller VariCam: the RAW-only VariCam Pure.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17749) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12229) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5995) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5936) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5479) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (438) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (541) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1045) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1120) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1012) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options