RØDE announces a stereo mic and iOS app designed for iPhone and iPad users
Just how powerful is the new mobile processor from Apple going to be?
It's been a long time coming, but now we finally have a 'pro' iOS device is it really all that we'd hoped for? K Stewart has been living with one and finds it an important step to something that could be truly great.
RedShark is the first online publication that has as part of its core philosophy the idea that technology is doubling in capability every year or so. There's nothing new about this idea. Moore's law was built around it in 1965, and Raymond Kurzweil wrote his seminal work on the exponential growth of technology "The Singularity is Near" in 2005 - and it is still uncannily accurate in predicting trends.
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95635) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39342) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25911) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6620) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5532) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (68) Slowmocean shows just what iPhone video can do
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (1562) Thanks to Apple, this is the FCP 10.3 review I can’t write
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (3422) Touch Bar MacBook Pro redefines high-end
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (905) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (1980) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio