We're not sure what's going on here, or why. We don't think this is the answer to starvation and conflict in the world, and it's not going to going cause a massive rift in the spacetime continuum.
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
It's been a long time coming, but now we finally have a 'pro' iOS device is it really all that we'd hoped for? K Stewart has been living with one and finds it an important step to something that could be truly great.
Good news for RED shooters with an iOS device: a just-released app helps users learn the RED camera menu from their iPhones and iPads.
Apple makes quarterly statemements on its commercial progress during the year. There are often hints about future directions contained in these legally-necessary announcements. Keith Stewart reports
All you need is an iPhone, some tape, some luggage - and an airport terminal...
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20611) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20308) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (19308) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12962) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10790) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (47) The Sony PXW-Z150: “It is astounding what Sony has achieved for this price”
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (314) Are we ready for driverless...cameras?
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (2163) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (642) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (1895) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix (Further update: Sony's own statement).