RØDE announces a stereo mic and iOS app designed for iPhone and iPad users
Every four months, all the rumours and speculation around Apple momentarily pause as the company reports its quarterly earnings. Whatever the corporate spin or trendy market analyst theories, CEO, Tim Cook, and CFO, Luca Maestri, turn up to take questions on the cold, hard numbers. By K Stewart.
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
On the day that Apple unveiled its latest financial results, marketing packs hit the media promoting the 'computer we were insane to build… the new Mac Pro.’
All you need is an iPhone, some tape, some luggage - and an airport terminal...
RedShark is the first online publication that has as part of its core philosophy the idea that technology is doubling in capability every year or so. There's nothing new about this idea. Moore's law was built around it in 1965, and Raymond Kurzweil wrote his seminal work on the exponential growth of technology "The Singularity is Near" in 2005 - and it is still uncannily accurate in predicting trends.
A higher resolution, bigger iPad could be the perfect device for creative people to work with. And according to our in-house Apple expert, K.Stewart, the new iOS9 Beta gives us some decent clues about it.
Just how powerful is the new mobile processor from Apple going to be?
The new Mac Pro is a video editing monster, with specifications that have never been seen before, and all packed into a miniature cylinder. This is RedShark's definitive report on Apple's Fall event
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30029) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21120) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17942) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13567) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10157) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (457) How to colour correct on unsuitable monitors
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9432) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1338) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (770) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1598) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks