RedShark is the first online publication that has as part of its core philosophy the idea that technology is doubling in capability every year or so. There's nothing new about this idea. Moore's law was built around it in 1965, and Raymond Kurzweil wrote his seminal work on the exponential growth of technology "The Singularity is Near" in 2005 - and it is still uncannily accurate in predicting trends.
RØDE announces a stereo mic and iOS app designed for iPhone and iPad users
A higher resolution, bigger iPad could be the perfect device for creative people to work with. And according to our in-house Apple expert, K.Stewart, the new iOS9 Beta gives us some decent clues about it.
Good news for RED shooters with an iOS device: a just-released app helps users learn the RED camera menu from their iPhones and iPads.
The normally reliable Korea Times has reported that a 12.9 inch near-4K iPad is already being made. Here's more background on this and some other products that we think Apple will release during 2014. You read it first here! RedShark's K Stewart reports
Use a touchscreen as an NLE controller? Actually, it works rather well
You wouldn’t expect the video business to take lessons in innovation from a company that makes low-cost mixing consoles. But, in the case of the Mackie DL1608, it probably should.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24599) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (20450) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15952) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8465) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (5970) The Panasonic FZ80: 4K for under $400
- Saturday 21 Jan 2017 - (80) A behind-the-scenes look at The Last Starfighter and the very early days of CG
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (875) Metabones announces fifth generation EF To E mount adapters
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (5399) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (786) Some stunning work using the Phantom Miro
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (2323) The "iPhone" of the video industry? [sponsored]