Use a touchscreen as an NLE controller? Actually, it works rather well
All you need is an iPhone, some tape, some luggage - and an airport terminal...
Every four months, all the rumours and speculation around Apple momentarily pause as the company reports its quarterly earnings. Whatever the corporate spin or trendy market analyst theories, CEO, Tim Cook, and CFO, Luca Maestri, turn up to take questions on the cold, hard numbers. By K Stewart.
Apple makes quarterly statemements on its commercial progress during the year. There are often hints about future directions contained in these legally-necessary announcements. Keith Stewart reports
At the recent Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Imagination Technologies, creators of the PowerVR GPU used in the iPhone and other mobile devices, demonstrated a mobile graphics design with 192 processing cores
On the day that Apple unveiled its latest financial results, marketing packs hit the media promoting the 'computer we were insane to build… the new Mac Pro.’
A higher resolution, bigger iPad could be the perfect device for creative people to work with. And according to our in-house Apple expert, K.Stewart, the new iOS9 Beta gives us some decent clues about it.
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29965) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21072) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17890) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13427) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10068) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (488) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (510) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1152) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (668) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2804) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?