The normally reliable Korea Times has reported that a 12.9 inch near-4K iPad is already being made. Here's more background on this and some other products that we think Apple will release during 2014. You read it first here! RedShark's K Stewart reports
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
Use a touchscreen as an NLE controller? Actually, it works rather well
All you need is an iPhone, some tape, some luggage - and an airport terminal...
It's been a long time coming, but now we finally have a 'pro' iOS device is it really all that we'd hoped for? K Stewart has been living with one and finds it an important step to something that could be truly great.
A higher resolution, bigger iPad could be the perfect device for creative people to work with. And according to our in-house Apple expert, K.Stewart, the new iOS9 Beta gives us some decent clues about it.
RedShark is the first online publication that has as part of its core philosophy the idea that technology is doubling in capability every year or so. There's nothing new about this idea. Moore's law was built around it in 1965, and Raymond Kurzweil wrote his seminal work on the exponential growth of technology "The Singularity is Near" in 2005 - and it is still uncannily accurate in predicting trends.
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42051) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30417) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21389) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19348) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14428) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (407) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (857) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (897) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - only one day left
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1231) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1224) ARRI Amira now captures in Prores 4444 XQ