The new Mac Pro is a video editing monster, with specifications that have never been seen before, and all packed into a miniature cylinder. This is RedShark's definitive report on Apple's Fall event
RedShark is the first online publication that has as part of its core philosophy the idea that technology is doubling in capability every year or so. There's nothing new about this idea. Moore's law was built around it in 1965, and Raymond Kurzweil wrote his seminal work on the exponential growth of technology "The Singularity is Near" in 2005 - and it is still uncannily accurate in predicting trends.
It's been a long time coming, but now we finally have a 'pro' iOS device is it really all that we'd hoped for? K Stewart has been living with one and finds it an important step to something that could be truly great.
Every four months, all the rumours and speculation around Apple momentarily pause as the company reports its quarterly earnings. Whatever the corporate spin or trendy market analyst theories, CEO, Tim Cook, and CFO, Luca Maestri, turn up to take questions on the cold, hard numbers. By K Stewart.
You wouldn’t expect the video business to take lessons in innovation from a company that makes low-cost mixing consoles. But, in the case of the Mackie DL1608, it probably should.
Apple makes quarterly statemements on its commercial progress during the year. There are often hints about future directions contained in these legally-necessary announcements. Keith Stewart reports
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
We're not sure what's going on here, or why. We don't think this is the answer to starvation and conflict in the world, and it's not going to going cause a massive rift in the spacetime continuum.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37558) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24470) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (7957) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6256) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5200) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (153) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (506) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (932) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1432) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (477) To tell stories in VR, we may first have to make games