You wouldn’t expect the video business to take lessons in innovation from a company that makes low-cost mixing consoles. But, in the case of the Mackie DL1608, it probably should.
Good news for RED shooters with an iOS device: a just-released app helps users learn the RED camera menu from their iPhones and iPads.
Tuesday's announcements from Apple ranged far beyond the long mooted iPad mini and, for the content creation community, a stunning update for the all-in-one iMac desktop and a 13-inch Retina Macbook. K. Stewart reports.
Every four months, all the rumours and speculation around Apple momentarily pause as the company reports its quarterly earnings. Whatever the corporate spin or trendy market analyst theories, CEO, Tim Cook, and CFO, Luca Maestri, turn up to take questions on the cold, hard numbers. By K Stewart.
All you need is an iPhone, some tape, some luggage - and an airport terminal...
At the recent Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Imagination Technologies, creators of the PowerVR GPU used in the iPhone and other mobile devices, demonstrated a mobile graphics design with 192 processing cores
Apple makes quarterly statemements on its commercial progress during the year. There are often hints about future directions contained in these legally-necessary announcements. Keith Stewart reports
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37633) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24498) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8011) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6274) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5221) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (1538) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (739) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1144) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1564) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (538) To tell stories in VR, we may first have to make games