Just how powerful is the new mobile processor from Apple going to be?
At the recent Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Imagination Technologies, creators of the PowerVR GPU used in the iPhone and other mobile devices, demonstrated a mobile graphics design with 192 processing cores
You wouldn’t expect the video business to take lessons in innovation from a company that makes low-cost mixing consoles. But, in the case of the Mackie DL1608, it probably should.
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
Use a touchscreen as an NLE controller? Actually, it works rather well
Every four months, all the rumours and speculation around Apple momentarily pause as the company reports its quarterly earnings. Whatever the corporate spin or trendy market analyst theories, CEO, Tim Cook, and CFO, Luca Maestri, turn up to take questions on the cold, hard numbers. By K Stewart.
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34336) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (27968) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23216) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (9430) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6910) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (460) How the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic drones will change the industry
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (1486) Low light photography continues to impress
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (846) RED provides a masterclass in good customer service
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (1919) The end of Apple Quicktime on Windows means problems for ProRes
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1818) An amazing hyperlapse, years in the making