Tuesday's announcements from Apple ranged far beyond the long mooted iPad mini and, for the content creation community, a stunning update for the all-in-one iMac desktop and a 13-inch Retina Macbook. K. Stewart reports.
Apple makes quarterly statemements on its commercial progress during the year. There are often hints about future directions contained in these legally-necessary announcements. Keith Stewart reports
At the recent Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Imagination Technologies, creators of the PowerVR GPU used in the iPhone and other mobile devices, demonstrated a mobile graphics design with 192 processing cores
Good news for RED shooters with an iOS device: a just-released app helps users learn the RED camera menu from their iPhones and iPads.
A higher resolution, bigger iPad could be the perfect device for creative people to work with. And according to our in-house Apple expert, K.Stewart, the new iOS9 Beta gives us some decent clues about it.
Use a touchscreen as an NLE controller? Actually, it works rather well
You wouldn’t expect the video business to take lessons in innovation from a company that makes low-cost mixing consoles. But, in the case of the Mackie DL1608, it probably should.
All you need is an iPhone, some tape, some luggage - and an airport terminal...
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47056) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17519) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13031) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12282) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11275) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (136) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1476) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (1797) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (4015) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2074) Microsoft makes 3D scanning possible with any mobile phone