Even though some people groaned when Sony announced their XAVC codec back in October 2012, it's beginning to look like it is more than just another variation on the h.264 theme. What it may turn out to be is a rich environment for 4K production that is widely supported by NLEs and post production vendors
There are so many great articles in RedShark's archive - we're publishing this again in case you missed it first time!
A surprise upgrade for Sony's shoulder-mount ENG cameras means they can record HD with the same quality as visually lossless ProRes
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17234) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12154) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7122) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5843) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5498) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (186) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (538) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1469) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1830) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1396) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]