Even though many pundits think 4K will be delivered by streaming, there are plenty of households still with slower broadband for whom this will not be an option. Now, it seems, Google's free VP9 codec might be a candidate for a new "Blu-Ray" format
It’s a great pity that in order to enjoy the benefits of digital imaging, we must use pixels that may only be one of a comparatively small selection of colours, as opposed to the effectively infinite subtlety of nature. Phil Rhodes spreads light and understanding about quantization and noise.
A surprise upgrade for Sony's shoulder-mount ENG cameras means they can record HD with the same quality as visually lossless ProRes
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29900) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21034) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17858) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13305) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10000) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (497) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (530) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2322) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5954) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2387) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?