With the recent news that the new ARRI ALEXA SXT uses the same sensor as its prececessor, we ask whether innovation in cameras is slowing down
The Panasonic Lumix GH3 keeps amazing us with the quality of the video it can create in capable hands. Regular RedShark contributor Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions takes us to Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, where the clear skies, geometric patterns and striking buildings are the perfect way to test a camera
A recent Kickstarter project, which has flown past its funding target, aims to make very high speed shooting a possibility for lower budget productions.
Phil Rhodes, our Technical Editor, may incur the wrath of audiophiles and engineers with thie idea that "the audio equipment world has it fairly easy," but he draws intriguing parallels between audio and camera equipment development, which may be instructive for manufacturers.
Scientists at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore have developed a new sensor technology based on Graphene, which is 1000 times more light sensitive than existing CMOS or CCD sensors
Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17816) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12244) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6061) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5941) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5508) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (191) ZEISS Cinema Zoom Lenses [sponsored]
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (731) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (729) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1127) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1146) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses