RedShark contributor Freya looks at new ways to get your footage off your camera and back to base
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
To mark the occasion of the new year, our editor has asked me to come up with some predictions for the coming twelve months
The Panasonic Lumix GH3 keeps amazing us with the quality of the video it can create in capable hands. Regular RedShark contributor Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions takes us to Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, where the clear skies, geometric patterns and striking buildings are the perfect way to test a camera
You may have heard that one of the top camera manufacturers is taking legal action against another for alleged patent infringement. This is news, but there's very little point in speculating about the outcome at this stage. Only a select group of people working for those companies will have access to evidence that proves the rights or wrongs of the case. We certainly don't
So, we've seen the announcement from Sony of two new 4K cameras, new codecs, new recording media and a new 30" 4K LCD monitor. Just how significant is this, and is this the 4K Tipping Point, at least for production, if not all the way to the home?
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38678) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25654) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10601) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8808) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6637) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (655) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1139) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1455) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (955) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1487) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone