So, we've seen the announcement from Sony of two new 4K cameras, new codecs, new recording media and a new 30" 4K LCD monitor. Just how significant is this, and is this the 4K Tipping Point, at least for production, if not all the way to the home?
Phil Rhodes, our Technical Editor, may incur the wrath of audiophiles and engineers with thie idea that "the audio equipment world has it fairly easy," but he draws intriguing parallels between audio and camera equipment development, which may be instructive for manufacturers.
Open Source software. Somehow, it makes sense: talented developers contribute to projects in their spare time and the result is often stunningly good software. So what about Open Source hardware? That's different, and it's far more difficult
Intel just held a competition to find new types of wearable technology and the winner is the ultimate in selfie-taking technology, a wearable quadcopter!
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94420) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38803) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22493) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14852) The art of Colour Rendering
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6558) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (383) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1367) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1084) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1413) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5392) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016