This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
With a 4/3 sensor, 4K recording and a Leica lens that should really cost more than the camera itself, this is a pretty amazing camera. There may be better ones costing a lot more, but for the money, Neil Roberts thinks the LX100 is a great buy
I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
An accelerated evolution and a highly competitive market has helped ensure that cameras themselves are excellent now, but what about everything else? Phil Rhodes, RedShark's Technical Editor, gives his views ahead of the start of NAB.
How much does it cost to make a smartphone these days? And does this mean you could build your own camera?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17091) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12131) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5829) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5350) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (380) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (911) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1594) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1275) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1083) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR