Professional camera GUIs seem stuck in time. Isn't it time for a radical change?
We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
How much does it cost to make a smartphone these days? And does this mean you could build your own camera?
IKONOSKOP is back and with new investors - and a credible plan to move forward - the future is looking infinitely brighter than just a few months ago
An accelerated evolution and a highly competitive market has helped ensure that cameras themselves are excellent now, but what about everything else? Phil Rhodes, RedShark's Technical Editor, gives his views ahead of the start of NAB.
With a 4/3 sensor, 4K recording and a Leica lens that should really cost more than the camera itself, this is a pretty amazing camera. There may be better ones costing a lot more, but for the money, Neil Roberts thinks the LX100 is a great buy
Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
The new Panasonic Lumix GH3 builds on its predecessor's video-friendly credentials, offering better compression and an all-round improved package. RedShark regular contributor Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions bought one, and put it through its paces
- Saturday 13 Aug 2016 - (32828) If you want to get the best out of digital, buy an old film camera.
- Thursday 11 Aug 2016 - (15752) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15056) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Tuesday 9 Aug 2016 - (12268) How to make a 4K video without a 4K video camera
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10126) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (265) Sony announces new HXR-NX5R camcorder
- Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 - (342) Using presets with Blackmagic Ursa 4.0 beta firmware
- Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 - (781) RedShark Review: DPA 4017B condenser mic
- Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 - (2566) Why the Ursa Mini's new software and UI is a welcome change
- Monday 22 Aug 2016 - (1309) What will we see in VR's next wave?