This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles - just in case you didn't see them first time. Here's Phil Rhode's look at how to understand Waveform and Vector displays
Replay: How often do people really take the time to explain the real basics? With stuff like colour correction, while you can and should rely on your eyes and a good, colour-calibrated monitoring system, you also need to make sure that your graded output is technically OK, or it might be rejected by your client
As usual in the Winter season, we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time
Blackmagic's cameras are bringing a raw workflow to an uprecedented number of people, and also highllighting the difference between raw and "standard" ("Rec 709) video - the stuff we've been used to up to now. If it seems complicated, it will be a little bit less so once you've read Phil Rhodes' article.
RedShark Archive: Gone are the days when a light meter and a trained eye was enough; to do better, we need technological measures and test & measurement equipment. In this article, first published in August 2013, Phil Rhodes discusses a few of the most common approaches and why some may be more useful than others, depending on the circumstances.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17845) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12251) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6092) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5954) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5511) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (319) ZEISS Cinema Zoom Lenses [sponsored]
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (790) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (788) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1150) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1157) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses