Good CGI is so realistic that you don't always know when you're looking at it. So, Ironically, CGI artists take it as a compliment when their work goes unnoticed.
Here's a movie teaser trailer that does exactly what it's supposed to do: makes you want to see the film.
Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
Have you ever thought about the close connection between electric guitars and modern post production techniques? It's just possible that you haven't. After all, resemblance between a Marshall amplifier and DaVinci colour grading console is minimal, to say the least
The latest in our series highlighting Oscar 2015's Best Visual Effects nominees: here we feature Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with a group of videos that illuminate the film's VFX processes.
In part 2 of this series, experienced VFX Supervisor HaZ looks at the right and wrong ways to approach studios when you're looking for work
BorisFX Continuum Complete 9 (BCC 9) was first released for Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe After Effects / Premiere Pro. Further versions for other host applications such as Apple Final Cut Pro X / Motion 5 and the OpenFX architecture of Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve have arrived which makes it a good time for Mark Zdunnek to assess the package and its capabilities.
It's a little late perhaps (the film was released in June 2012), but we came across this fantastic VFX breakdown for Prometheus. Early warning: There's a very big spoiler in it and this article - just in case you haven't seen the film yet
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94624) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38871) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22537) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6594) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5688) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (200) The real reason why we need 8K
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (837) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1634) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1215) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1570) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once