Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
In our next installment of our series highlighting 2015's Oscar nominees for Best Visual Effects, we look at Guardians of the Galaxy, one of three VFX nominees featuring characters from the all-conquering Marvel Universe.
Despite its best efforts at times, the movie industry hasn’t killed creativity... yet. Responding to an ever-more risk-averse climate, film creatives are finding more direct ways to pitch their ideas.
In Part 3 of this 3 part series, HaZ, our VFX correspendent, talks about Networking; not about IP addresses and routers, but getting to know the people you need to know
With some interesting recent developments in the way images are post produced, the Fraunhofer Institute's work on lightfield arrays is almost ready to leave the drawing board.
This Month there has been a lot of chatter on the Visual effects social media channels about the new iPad app, Setellite, that was released a few weeks ago. HaZ, our VFX correspondent talked to the developers in Amsterdam
Here's a movie teaser trailer that does exactly what it's supposed to do: makes you want to see the film.
Everyone knows about Boris Effects. And, if you're old enough, you'll remember that in the mid to late 90s, it was suddenly possible to create amazing effects and transitions on the slow and clunky NLEs of the time - that looked like they cost a million dollars to produce
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (43735) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30550) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21501) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19512) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14588) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Wednesday 2 Dec 2015 - (106) How real life can trump VFX - even in space
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (996) RedShark Exclusive Competition: Win a Panasonic DVX200 - one of the most talked about cameras of the year
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (616) Will AMD's new CAD-centric FirePro W4300 graphics card also be good for film?
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (5465) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (2116) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?