A cloud based studio? Yes it’s possible and is already happening
4K Ready? 4K Now! One of the things that was most noticeable about IBC2014 was that 4K is now very much a part of the mainstream. That’s not to say there wasn’t still room for debate, though.
In Part 3 of this 3 part series, HaZ, our VFX correspendent, talks about Networking; not about IP addresses and routers, but getting to know the people you need to know
RedShark's 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Part One of our six-part series looking at the history of VFX starts back with early pioneers such as Georges Melies developing the optical effects that Orson Welles would use to such dramatic effect nearly half a century later.
Cinesite acquired Image Engine in the summer of 2015, combining forces of two of the most respected and sought after VFX companies. Check out their show reels!
Having charted the story of VFX in cinema in the first four parts, Andy Stout turns his attention to detailing the various techniques used over the past century, starting with optical effects. Dismiss them at your peril; after all this is how they made 2001
There has been a lot of focus and attention on the new Blackmagic URSA Mini and its abilities, such as a 15 stop dynamic range, well thought out ergonomics and lighter weight than the full size URSA. However one of its hidden talents may also be one of the most ground breaking, especially given the company's acquisition of the Fusion VFX software.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38698) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25701) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10655) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8831) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (6832) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (849) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1250) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1560) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (985) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1549) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone