Have you ever thought about the close connection between electric guitars and modern post production techniques? It's just possible that you haven't. After all, resemblance between a Marshall amplifier and DaVinci colour grading console is minimal, to say the least
For those wielding a semi-pro video camera and dreaming that one day they just might make it as the next Spielberg, look no further than Gareth Edwards and his recent monster hit, Godzilla.
A cloud based studio? Yes it’s possible and is already happening
In part 2 of this series, experienced VFX Supervisor HaZ looks at the right and wrong ways to approach studios when you're looking for work
Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
In our next installment of our series highlighting 2015's Oscar nominees for Best Visual Effects, we look at Guardians of the Galaxy, one of three VFX nominees featuring characters from the all-conquering Marvel Universe.
Good CGI is so realistic that you don't always know when you're looking at it. So, Ironically, CGI artists take it as a compliment when their work goes unnoticed.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (23823) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22641) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14825) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Friday 22 Jan 2016 - (8765) Shooting on Super 8 in the 21st century
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5910) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1366) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1497) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2072) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2696) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (1882) Can Sky Q save the traditional broadcast industry?