It's a little late perhaps (the film was released in June 2012), but we came across this fantastic VFX breakdown for Prometheus. Early warning: There's a very big spoiler in it and this article - just in case you haven't seen the film yet
Here's another chance to read Peter Haas' article on how by doing despicable things to your video data, you can get wonderful results!
Two very different genre shows, HBO’s Game of Thrones which finished last night and the BBC’s ongoing Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, have convinced us that we are in a new era of television special effects and that TV can now do (nearly) everything that film can.
This Month there has been a lot of chatter on the Visual effects social media channels about the new iPad app, Setellite, that was released a few weeks ago. HaZ, our VFX correspondent talked to the developers in Amsterdam
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38635) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25546) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10488) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8754) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6615) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (162) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (846) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1194) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (874) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1352) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone