The latest in our series highlighting Oscar 2015's Best Visual Effects nominees: here we feature Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with a group of videos that illuminate the film's VFX processes.
Every film-maker starting out wants to make the best short film, and get the best people and equipment to make it happen - but often with little or no budget at all, all in the hope that the idea is strong enough to get investors and potential co-workers to commit.
Here's a movie teaser trailer that does exactly what it's supposed to do: makes you want to see the film.
Weta Digital is at it again! This time, the red-hot VFX house is inventing new ways to overrun the Earth with primates, as evidenced by an illuminating behind the scenes featurette for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30072) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21135) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17959) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13636) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10199) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (428) Don't make plans for 30 years ahead!
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (1060) How to colour correct on unsuitable monitors
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9592) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1515) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1113) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format