The BBC has a deserved reputation for the general awesomeness of its period dramas, and one of the things that keeps them on track and within budget is a surprisingly large amount of VFX.
Everyone knows about Boris Effects. And, if you're old enough, you'll remember that in the mid to late 90s, it was suddenly possible to create amazing effects and transitions on the slow and clunky NLEs of the time - that looked like they cost a million dollars to produce
In part 2 of this series, experienced VFX Supervisor HaZ looks at the right and wrong ways to approach studios when you're looking for work
In the run-up to the 2015 Oscar's, we're highlighting nominees in the Visual Effects category. First up: Interstellar and a behind-the-scenes featurette that explains how the production brought its black hole into being.
In our next installment of our series highlighting 2015's Oscar nominees for Best Visual Effects, we look at Guardians of the Galaxy, one of three VFX nominees featuring characters from the all-conquering Marvel Universe.
Weta Digital is at it again! This time, the red-hot VFX house is inventing new ways to overrun the Earth with primates, as evidenced by an illuminating behind the scenes featurette for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
4K Ready? 4K Now! One of the things that was most noticeable about IBC2014 was that 4K is now very much a part of the mainstream. That’s not to say there wasn’t still room for debate, though.
In the final installment of Peter Jackson’s video blog, the director introduces The Hobbit’s post crew, while the team scrambles to complete the film.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29989) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21091) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17907) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13487) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10103) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9091) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (990) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (638) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1368) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (717) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?