Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (23954) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22669) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14886) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (6037) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5963) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (372) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1959) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1925) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2510) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2878) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5