We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (21345) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (16652) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Sunday 22 Jan 2017 - (9797) How the internet echo chamber fails new cameras
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (9046) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8909) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 25 Jan 2017 - (118) Is Apple investigating VR? Of course it is!
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (475) The Core SWX Hypercore Slim: a battery with an accelerometer
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (4385) The new Canon EOS C700 impresses in the field
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (3031) Razer Blade GTX 1060 review: why stop at gaming?
- Monday 23 Jan 2017 - (1987) Want to make a feature film? This is how much money you will really need