If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47842) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14163) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12615) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9410) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (6963) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (1540) DJI intros integrated, stabilised handheld 4K camera
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (5451) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1228) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1557) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1556) Sony splits off image sensor business