Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7330) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 20 Nov 2016 - (7049) Pairing lenses with different mounts: What you need to know
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (6858) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Tuesday 22 Nov 2016 - (6422) Is DJI going to stop at just dominating the drone market?
- Friday 18 Nov 2016 - (5283) The Grand Tour: Amazon Prime changes the game on so many levels
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (356) Is there simply too much video on the internet?
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (2021) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (631) A quick look at Teradek’s Sphere 360 system [video]
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (909) YouTube intros 4K live streaming
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (2600) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface