Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20564) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20228) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (18053) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12675) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10667) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (308) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas (and its other media products) to Magix
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (515) Europe mulls quota on streaming content
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (2763) Sony sells Vegas and more to Magix
- Tuesday 24 May 2016 - (1357) BigFly's impressive drone showreel
- Tuesday 24 May 2016 - (1468) Sony's Gigantic LED Canvas