Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (44999) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17565) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14846) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9765) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7599) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (303) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (4415) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (988) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3133) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (1900) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt