Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16814) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12066) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10890) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7104) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5805) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (142) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (259) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1206) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1086) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (930) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR