Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47256) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13314) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12356) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11472) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9077) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (165) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (304) You can't always trust your television
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1316) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (2324) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2366) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake