Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
We're all pretty familiar with motion-sensing gizmos like the Microsoft Kinect, and that means that we also know about the limits of that technology. Remarkable though it is, it's not as accurate as some applications would need it to be for it to be genuinely useful
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the way all software should be written.
Of all the things you might know about cameras, their similarity to washing machines is probably not one of them. But both suffer from serious problems with their user interfaces.
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I am
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95541) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39255) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25554) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6544) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5414) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (284) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (840) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (634) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (696) Quality control: It's only going on the web...
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (932) The art of light [sponsored]