Expected to ship in mid-December with a $2900 price tag, DJI’s latest drone, the Inspire 1, raises the mid-range UAV bar impressively, boasting a 4K camera, 720p HD streaming and an optional dual-operator control; one for flying, one for controlling the camera.
Have a look at the current DJI product line-up, and what talented artists can do with it on shorts like The Circle, and it’s not hard to imagine the company expanding into other areas of the industry.
UAV technology is now moving at an incredible rate. So much so that your lowly Phantom or Inspire 1 is now capable of being a far more useful tool than you could have possibly imagined when you bought it.
Light makes great images – cameras just record them. This concept is beautifully illustrated by John Duncan's Wild Scotland.
Aerial Inspections, the Tasmania-based UAV photography company, have sent us another video made with the Blackmagic 4K Production Camera
Is the camera drone encroaching on the helicopter-based aerial film sector? According to Guest Author Willem Kootstra, there are signs it is, and serious film producers may soon regret any loss of talented aerial film operators to competition from drones.
Analysis: The recent announcements of the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic foldable drones may not only cause the popularity of such aircraft to rise dramatically, but may lead to some thorny ethical issues and an even more problematic regulatory environment for the drone industry in the near future.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24333) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (13904) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8784) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (7926) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6483) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1729) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (688) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (911) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (726) Finding the sweet spot for camera design
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (642) What Robert Altman's work can teach us about film audio