GoPro has confirmed that the company is developing a drone of its own. Plus, a new six camera array may be just the thing for your next (virtual reality) production. And there's a new lower-end camera as well.
Analysis: The recent announcements of the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic foldable drones may not only cause the popularity of such aircraft to rise dramatically, but may lead to some thorny ethical issues and an even more problematic regulatory environment for the drone industry in the near future.
A YouTuber mounted a 1000w LED light onto a Freely Alta drone. Check out the video!
You may fall out of your chair when you watch this UAV-mounted GoPro video
Is the camera drone encroaching on the helicopter-based aerial film sector? According to Guest Author Willem Kootstra, there are signs it is, and serious film producers may soon regret any loss of talented aerial film operators to competition from drones.
There have never been so many ready-to-fly drones on the market, yet picking the right one to fit your needs can still be difficult. Simon Wyndham puts some popular RTF options in context, highlighting key features and use cases.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17686) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12219) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5933) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5924) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5452) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (131) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (343) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (959) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1071) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (994) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options