This is the fastest affordable drive combination we've ever tested
Surprisingly, Thunderbolt 2 has the same aggregate throughput as Thunderbolt 1, according to ATTO
One of the advantages of Thunderbolt is that it supports the connection of monitors using the Displayport protocol which is part of the Thunderbolt specification. Now Displaylink of Palo Alto, California, have demonstrated connecting 4K monitors to your computer or smartphone using USB3 or even WiFi
Matrox DS1 lets you connect all the peripherals you need - including storage and a monitor - with one, small cable
LaCie have announced the availablity of a new range of external drive solutions equipped with Seagate's new 5TB drives, offering a 20% increase in capacity over previous models
Debuting early in 2011, the dual protocol Thunderbolt standard promised dramatically improved transfer performance between peripheral devices and even the ability to daisy chain up to six devices form one port. So why, two years later, is it still considered a marginal technology? Andy Stout reports
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46542) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17201) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12051) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (12027) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11062) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (850) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1395) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1825) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (3027) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2092) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite