WD always seems to be one of the first to bring out ultra portable drives with decent capacity and new connectivity. Their Passport Pro drives are nicely designed and rugged enough for lugging around between gigs
Early this week we had a story about Matrox's DS1 Thunderbolt docking station. We said that the DS1 would go on the end of a Thunderbolt chain, with other devices in between the DS1 and the computer
This is the fastest affordable drive combination we've ever tested
Data, data, everywhere: Guest Author Andrew Johnstone on the growing problem of data storage for filmmakers.
We're only speculating, but we think we know what the Mac Pro will be like
CalDigit's new Thunderbolt Station is shipping imminently; a nifty piece of Thunderbolt dock hardware that gives laptop owners back the interface options their shiny new machines tend to lack nowadays in a sleek, aluminium device
One port to rule them all. Intel chose Computex 2015 to unveil Thunderbolt 3 and an extremely significant change of connector from Mini DisplayPort to USB Type-C.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38664) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25623) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10562) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8792) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6624) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (421) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1048) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1373) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (928) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1437) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone