LaCie have announced the availablity of a new range of external drive solutions equipped with Seagate's new 5TB drives, offering a 20% increase in capacity over previous models
Thunderbolt is already fast, but for some it's not fast enough. Now there are strong rumours of the next, faster, version
Surprisingly, Thunderbolt 2 has the same aggregate throughput as Thunderbolt 1, according to ATTO
LaCie have been making high quality external drives for many years now and recently they have adopted Thunderbolt connectivity in a big way. I had the opportunity to test some of the Thunderbolt enabled drives and here are the results
The new, reversible, USB "C" connector opens up the possibility of a single connector for everything
- Saturday 28 May 2016 - (44083) 10 things Editors would like to say to Directors
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (25743) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20591) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (9650) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (8383) The Sony PXW-Z150: “It is astounding what Sony has achieved for this price.”
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (291) Panasonic PTZ cameras join Newtek’s NDI
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (672) The Olympics are going to be the biggest 8K test yet
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (3286) RedShark Review: Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (761) Can VR really live up to the hype?
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (1887) 5.6Tbps broadband tests - that's 200 feature films per second