Thunderbolt is already fast, but for some it's not fast enough. Now there are strong rumours of the next, faster, version
Thunderbolt 2 is not only capable of carrying a 4K video signal, but it's fast for storage too. Here's Blackmagic's latest effort to bring Thunderbolt 2 goodness to your SSD workflow
One port to rule them all. Intel chose Computex 2015 to unveil Thunderbolt 3 and an extremely significant change of connector from Mini DisplayPort to USB Type-C.
Early this week we had a story about Matrox's DS1 Thunderbolt docking station. We said that the DS1 would go on the end of a Thunderbolt chain, with other devices in between the DS1 and the computer
Debuting early in 2011, the dual protocol Thunderbolt standard promised dramatically improved transfer performance between peripheral devices and even the ability to daisy chain up to six devices form one port. So why, two years later, is it still considered a marginal technology? Andy Stout reports
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24599) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (20448) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15951) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8464) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (5970) The Panasonic FZ80: 4K for under $400
- Saturday 21 Jan 2017 - (79) A behind-the-scenes look at The Last Starfighter and the very early days of CG
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (871) Metabones announces fifth generation EF To E mount adapters
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (5389) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (784) Some stunning work using the Phantom Miro
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (2323) The "iPhone" of the video industry? [sponsored]