Have a close look at this video clip. It’s an advert for a high-end kitchen worktop manufacturer. Watch it in 720p, and look as closely as you can at the camerawork, the clever use of depth of field, the lighting, and particularly the fresh fruit.
And then reflect on the fact that no cameras - or indeed fruit - were involved in the making of this at all.
Here's a way to improve the look of your textures in 3D animation tools like Blender
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47797) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14142) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12591) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9399) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (6939) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (1084) DJI intros integrated, stabilised handheld 4K camera
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (3568) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1089) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1423) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1435) Sony splits off image sensor business