Have a close look at this video clip. It’s an advert for a high-end kitchen worktop manufacturer. Watch it in 720p, and look as closely as you can at the camerawork, the clever use of depth of field, the lighting, and particularly the fresh fruit.
And then reflect on the fact that no cameras - or indeed fruit - were involved in the making of this at all.
Here's a way to improve the look of your textures in 3D animation tools like Blender
- Saturday 30 Apr 2016 - (28191) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field.
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21822) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (9464) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 22 Apr 2016 - (6452) RedShark NAB Awards - The Results
- Monday 2 May 2016 - (5462) Will the Lytro Cinema Camera kill off the 2D pixel?
- Friday 6 May 2016 - (1761) The Sony AX53 - how good can a consumer camcorder get?
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (773) Sony Catalyst Production Suite goes to subscription model
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (1345) The Rollocam Hercules, the smallest dolly in the world, nears release
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (1513) Free 3D Star Wars models available for download
- Wednesday 4 May 2016 - (893) RedShark's Teradek NAB live TV shows - Episode 2, Editshare