Have a close look at this video clip. It’s an advert for a high-end kitchen worktop manufacturer. Watch it in 720p, and look as closely as you can at the camerawork, the clever use of depth of field, the lighting, and particularly the fresh fruit.
And then reflect on the fact that no cameras - or indeed fruit - were involved in the making of this at all.
A new cityscape generator from Video Copilot could save hours, if not years...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24513) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (19026) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15537) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (9069) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8303) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (132) How the Sundance Film Festival became so important
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (348) MotionVFX puts mocha's tracking technology to good use with mHUD 2 for FCP X
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (466) Virtual Reality is definitely "the future", but how do we get from here to there? [sponsored]
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (772) Is it time for drastic changes to operating systems?
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (1047) Impressive post stabilised footage from ReelSteady