With a lot of focus shifting to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera last year and the Production Camera this year, it's easy to forget that the original 2.5K Cinema Camera is such a capable beast - and especially so considering its dramatic price reduction
RedShark Archive: Gone are the days when a light meter and a trained eye was enough; to do better, we need technological measures and test & measurement equipment. In this article, first published in August 2013, Phil Rhodes discusses a few of the most common approaches and why some may be more useful than others, depending on the circumstances.
Big news from the Lightworks team. Windows Beta 11.1 available; supports AVCHD/MP4 transcoding in the free version. Also supports Blackmagic I/O and is compatible with Windows 8
This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles - just in case you didn't see them first time. Here's Phil Rhode's look at how to understand Waveform and Vector displays
UK -based company releases complete suite of 2D and 3D 4K test material with software to convert into all formats
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (61472) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 13 Aug 2016 - (33028) If you want to get the best out of digital, buy an old film camera.
- Thursday 11 Aug 2016 - (15832) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15409) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10243) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (954) First Hands-On with the new EOS 5D Mk IV: 500Mbit/s 4K recording
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (124) TriCaster and NDI keep Turkish News Broadcaster on air during military coup [sponsored]
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (361) IBC Rising Stars: Understanding the potential of VR
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (1081) DJI launches new version of the Osmo handheld
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (1262) It's official: Canon confirms EOS 5D Mark IV spec