Big news from the Lightworks team. Windows Beta 11.1 available; supports AVCHD/MP4 transcoding in the free version. Also supports Blackmagic I/O and is compatible with Windows 8
RedShark Archive: Gone are the days when a light meter and a trained eye was enough; to do better, we need technological measures and test & measurement equipment. In this article, first published in August 2013, Phil Rhodes discusses a few of the most common approaches and why some may be more useful than others, depending on the circumstances.
UK -based company releases complete suite of 2D and 3D 4K test material with software to convert into all formats
With a lot of focus shifting to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera last year and the Production Camera this year, it's easy to forget that the original 2.5K Cinema Camera is such a capable beast - and especially so considering its dramatic price reduction
This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles - just in case you didn't see them first time. Here's Phil Rhode's look at how to understand Waveform and Vector displays
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7330) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 20 Nov 2016 - (7049) Pairing lenses with different mounts: What you need to know
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (6858) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Tuesday 22 Nov 2016 - (6422) Is DJI going to stop at just dominating the drone market?
- Friday 18 Nov 2016 - (5283) The Grand Tour: Amazon Prime changes the game on so many levels
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (356) Is there simply too much video on the internet?
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (2020) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (631) A quick look at Teradek’s Sphere 360 system [video]
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (909) YouTube intros 4K live streaming
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (2600) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface