UK -based company releases complete suite of 2D and 3D 4K test material with software to convert into all formats
Big news from the Lightworks team. Windows Beta 11.1 available; supports AVCHD/MP4 transcoding in the free version. Also supports Blackmagic I/O and is compatible with Windows 8
RedShark Archive: Gone are the days when a light meter and a trained eye was enough; to do better, we need technological measures and test & measurement equipment. In this article, first published in August 2013, Phil Rhodes discusses a few of the most common approaches and why some may be more useful than others, depending on the circumstances.
With a lot of focus shifting to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera last year and the Production Camera this year, it's easy to forget that the original 2.5K Cinema Camera is such a capable beast - and especially so considering its dramatic price reduction
This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles - just in case you didn't see them first time. Here's Phil Rhode's look at how to understand Waveform and Vector displays
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34302) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (27939) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23202) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (9318) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6889) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (92) Canon’s low light camera continues to impress
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (632) RED provides a masterclass in good customer service
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (1383) The end of Apple Quicktime on Windows means problems for ProRes
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1427) An amazing hyperlapse, years in the making
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (798) Watch Again! RedShark and Sony's live streaming masterclass from NYC!