UK -based company releases complete suite of 2D and 3D 4K test material with software to convert into all formats
RedShark Archive: Gone are the days when a light meter and a trained eye was enough; to do better, we need technological measures and test & measurement equipment. In this article, first published in August 2013, Phil Rhodes discusses a few of the most common approaches and why some may be more useful than others, depending on the circumstances.
With a lot of focus shifting to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera last year and the Production Camera this year, it's easy to forget that the original 2.5K Cinema Camera is such a capable beast - and especially so considering its dramatic price reduction
Big news from the Lightworks team. Windows Beta 11.1 available; supports AVCHD/MP4 transcoding in the free version. Also supports Blackmagic I/O and is compatible with Windows 8
This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles - just in case you didn't see them first time. Here's Phil Rhode's look at how to understand Waveform and Vector displays
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (21345) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (16652) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Sunday 22 Jan 2017 - (9797) How the internet echo chamber fails new cameras
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (9046) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8909) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 25 Jan 2017 - (118) Is Apple investigating VR? Of course it is!
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (474) The Core SWX Hypercore Slim: a battery with an accelerometer
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (4385) The new Canon EOS C700 impresses in the field
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (3030) Razer Blade GTX 1060 review: why stop at gaming?
- Monday 23 Jan 2017 - (1987) Want to make a feature film? This is how much money you will really need