RedShark Archive: Gone are the days when a light meter and a trained eye was enough; to do better, we need technological measures and test & measurement equipment. In this article, first published in August 2013, Phil Rhodes discusses a few of the most common approaches and why some may be more useful than others, depending on the circumstances.
UK -based company releases complete suite of 2D and 3D 4K test material with software to convert into all formats
With a lot of focus shifting to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera last year and the Production Camera this year, it's easy to forget that the original 2.5K Cinema Camera is such a capable beast - and especially so considering its dramatic price reduction
Big news from the Lightworks team. Windows Beta 11.1 available; supports AVCHD/MP4 transcoding in the free version. Also supports Blackmagic I/O and is compatible with Windows 8
This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles - just in case you didn't see them first time. Here's Phil Rhode's look at how to understand Waveform and Vector displays
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95540) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39255) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25554) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6544) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5413) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (283) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (838) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (633) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (696) Quality control: It's only going on the web...
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (932) The art of light [sponsored]