RedShark Archive: Gone are the days when a light meter and a trained eye was enough; to do better, we need technological measures and test & measurement equipment. In this article, first published in August 2013, Phil Rhodes discusses a few of the most common approaches and why some may be more useful than others, depending on the circumstances.
With a lot of focus shifting to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera last year and the Production Camera this year, it's easy to forget that the original 2.5K Cinema Camera is such a capable beast - and especially so considering its dramatic price reduction
UK -based company releases complete suite of 2D and 3D 4K test material with software to convert into all formats
Big news from the Lightworks team. Windows Beta 11.1 available; supports AVCHD/MP4 transcoding in the free version. Also supports Blackmagic I/O and is compatible with Windows 8
This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles - just in case you didn't see them first time. Here's Phil Rhode's look at how to understand Waveform and Vector displays
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38621) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25484) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10420) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8741) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6602) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (697) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1101) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (790) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1292) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (5636) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price