Big news from the Lightworks team. Windows Beta 11.1 available; supports AVCHD/MP4 transcoding in the free version. Also supports Blackmagic I/O and is compatible with Windows 8
UK -based company releases complete suite of 2D and 3D 4K test material with software to convert into all formats
With a lot of focus shifting to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera last year and the Production Camera this year, it's easy to forget that the original 2.5K Cinema Camera is such a capable beast - and especially so considering its dramatic price reduction
RedShark Archive: Gone are the days when a light meter and a trained eye was enough; to do better, we need technological measures and test & measurement equipment. In this article, first published in August 2013, Phil Rhodes discusses a few of the most common approaches and why some may be more useful than others, depending on the circumstances.
This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles - just in case you didn't see them first time. Here's Phil Rhode's look at how to understand Waveform and Vector displays
- Saturday 28 May 2016 - (43870) 10 things Editors would like to say to Directors
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (25598) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20566) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (9546) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (8091) The Sony PXW-Z150: “It is astounding what Sony has achieved for this price.”
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (480) The Olympics are going to be the biggest 8K test yet
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (2795) RedShark Review: Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (657) Can VR really live up to the hype?
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (1691) 5.6Tbps broadband tests - that's 200 feature films per second
- Sunday 29 May 2016 - (1623) The creative possibilities that HDR will unleash