Some 30 years after the Macintosh debuted in a jaw dropping commercial that still sets the standards for such things, the cult of Apple shows no sign of diminishing. What tends to be forgotten though is that Steve Jobs was ousted from his own company soon after and that Apple very nearly didn't make it into the 21st century. Andy Stout charts the company's wilderness years
While the 2014 launch of Apple's updated mobile devices led to an avalanche of sales, the decision to stick with HD video recording underwhelmed some techies. We take a look at the issue and surmise at least three reasons why your new iPhone 6 or iPad Air 2 doesn't shoot 4K video.
Into the top half of our Top Ten countdown and this opinion piece from Clayton Moore: Ahead of a significant Apple event on Thursday (this was back in October) he wondered how the company's wildly successful efforts in the consumer space could point to a future NLE resurgence and the rebirth of Final Cut Pro.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (19206) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12702) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12518) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (8275) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (7364) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (125) How the Unreal Engine could change the way we make films
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (333) Join Sony for a webinar on HDR production, Thursday 7th March
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (622) YouTube unveils its live TV service
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (1069) The *really* shameful Oscar moment
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (933) How to bring video into... everything! [sponsored]