RedShark Editor Dave Shapton presents the still controversial view that 4K is already a done deal, and that it's not just a marketing ploy but has real advantages for content creators and viewers
Shooting films is better lit with, you know, lights. But if you just have to use a candle as your sole light source, there's hope for you yet. Not only that, but Sony's light-sipping A7s could get you out of all sorts of low-light trouble
Sony has been teasing us with glimpses of their new 4K delivery system since shortly after they released details of their 84" 4K Bravia TV. Concrete details have been thin on the ground, and we still don't know what the final product will look like. And there's a bigger question as well…
Recently I got to speak to Toby Lockerbie who has been able to try a preview of the new firmware upgrade for the Sony FS-700 and the big reveal that I hadn’t heard about before, is that the new firmware brings with it even greater ability in low light! Add a metabones speed booster and the camera really does become a “low light monster!”
Just a few blurry shots but here's Sony's prototype 4K media player - and a shot in video of the 4K consumer camcorder
Ahead of IBC and Photokina, Panasonic drops a prosumer ENG-style camera that shoots 4K 60p internally at a budget-friendly price.
Sony and FIFA recently announced they are partnering to trial live 4K production workflow at the FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil this summer, extending the collaboration that saw Sony capture 25 matches from the 2010 soccer World Cup in 3D and, more importantly, pointing the way to Rio 2014 being produced in 4K.
Last week we wrote about our tour of Sony's Pencoed factory, one of the very few places where Sony cameras are made outside of Japan
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29989) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21091) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17907) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13487) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10103) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9090) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (987) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (637) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1367) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (717) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?