If that sounds like a lot of data, it is, but it's quite possible we'll be making that much with future video formats. This breakthrough from Sony looks like it might solve our storage problems and revive tape at the same time!
Shooting films is better lit with, you know, lights. But if you just have to use a candle as your sole light source, there's hope for you yet. Not only that, but Sony's light-sipping A7s could get you out of all sorts of low-light trouble
Sony releases the A7 and A7R mirrorless full-frame cameras
Since 2009 the National Theatre in London has been broadcasting selected productions to Digital Cinemas around the world. On the 27th of February they will set a new standard when they broadcast "War Horse" live via satellite in 4K
With the unveiling of a crop of new E-mount lenses, Sony is offering A7s and A7II owners more glass options.
Mark McCarthy rigs up a top-end second-hand Sony camera and is delighted with the results
Ever wonder what a Canon 5D MK2, an NEX FS100 and a Blackmagic Cinema camera look like, side by side? Probably not because two of these are the old models and you'd more likely be thinking about a 5D MK3, an NEX FS700 and the Blackmagic camera. But that doesn't make this any less interesting
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42000) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30395) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21375) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19329) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14398) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (145) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (741) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (788) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - only one day left
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1136) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1123) ARRI Amira now captures in Prores 4444 XQ