With sales of Sony's larger 4K cameras (the "CineAlta" range) kicking off - apparently more than 2000 F5 and F55s have been sold - Sony has introduced a version of their 4K codec that is more "consumer friendly"
Cloud computing for content creators has endless promise, and we're just starting to see Cloud applications for everyday users as well as much bigger enterprise-level software. This Sony/BT deal is a case in point
While 4K is certainly not for everyone – it’s a bear to work with, manage, and store – it is true nonetheless that 4K capture produces superior HD images: the additional fineness and reduced noise contributes to much better HD than originating in HD in the first place
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38301) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24971) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9480) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8443) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6404) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (46) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (698) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (727) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (427) How to complain effectively
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (2369) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite