We take a look at a technological oddity of yesteryear, the vertical record player - an unneeded (and ultimately unwanted) engineering marvel.
Corporate and events videos are the main income stream for many of us working in this industry, and a new, two-part Sony webinar on Wednesday 12 October will provide you with the expertise and the tools you need to take your business to the next level.
In many ways IBC2013 was a quiet show. Yes it boasted record visitor numbers, but few things happened out in Amsterdam that hadn’t been predicted beforehand: namely HEVC-powered 4K is on the horizon, the second screen is increasingly important to broadcasters’ plans, and higher frame-rate imaging is moving closer and closer to mainstream acceptance. Andy Stout looks back on five days in Amsterdam
In the wake of Facebook's $2bn swoop for Oculus Rift, last week's announcement that Sony is building a VR headset for the Playstation 4 seems a bit more significant. Are we about to see a domestic VR arms race? Or is AR (Augmented Reality) as epitomised by Google Glass the best way forward in the short term?
The HXR-NX100, which broke cover at Broadcast Asia, features a 1.0 type Exmor R back-illuminated CMOS Sensor with 20 megapixels, which, given that it’s similar to the sensor in the company’s RX10 camera, should mean it takes some very good HD.
RedShark's interview with Blackmagic, including BMPCC shipping, and how DaVinci was essential to the development of the cameras
Here's our post IBC show in its entirety. It's a long one - over an hour, so if you haven't got time for all of it in one session, we've indexed it below so you can jump straight to the parts that interest you
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17061) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12125) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5827) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5336) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (357) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (786) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1543) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1256) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1069) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR