We're seeing an interesting trend in consumer display technology shaping up at this year's Consumer Electronics Show that could impact filmmakers and video content producers.
Many users or potential buyers of Sony’s PMW-F3 Super35 sensor camera have expressed some confusion over the implementation of S-Log gamma in the recently-released version 1.4 firmware of the camera. A niche subject but a very popular camcorder. Ned Soltz investigates.
In what is a busy morning for the company, Sony has also taken the wrappers off its α7S II camera and at least some of the rumours that have been swirling round about it are right.
In the wake of Facebook's $2bn swoop for Oculus Rift, last week's announcement that Sony is building a VR headset for the Playstation 4 seems a bit more significant. Are we about to see a domestic VR arms race? Or is AR (Augmented Reality) as epitomised by Google Glass the best way forward in the short term?
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (44645) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17161) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14777) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9681) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7547) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (81) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (237) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (1013) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (968) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (931) So, where's all the new stuff?