In recent memory, it seems there has been one name in the inexpensive sport camcorder market: GoPro. Its HD Hero camera set the bar for quality and versatility at a consumer-friendly price-point.
Equipment for reproducing high end audio - so that you can actually hear the difference - is expensive. Would you buy Sony's top-end Walkman?
Can you make a feature film with an iPhone? Well, "yes" is the answer if you don't mind a slightly fuzzy-looking picture on a big screen, and if you sit far enough away, but you can certainly get a cinematic "look" if you use cinema-type techniques when you make your film, and some software to give your work its finishing touches.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38317) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24994) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9630) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8476) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6412) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (216) Announced today: The Varicam LT is Panasonic's more affordable cinema camera. Top end features for a much lower price.
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (333) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (855) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (834) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (452) How to complain effectively