Sony has invested in a new training and familiarisation centre at Pinewood Film Studios in the UK
Last week we wrote about our tour of Sony's Pencoed factory, one of the very few places where Sony cameras are made outside of Japan
Sony recently released details on their new shoulder-mount XDCAM, the PMW-400. The camera includes three 2/3-inch-type FullHD Exmor CMOS sensors, giving it terrific low-light sensitivity. Plus, it has interchangeable lens capabilities, HD/SD-SDI and HDMI, and the ability to use multiple formats and bit rates. In a world of REDs and Blackmagic Cinema Cameras, is this camera necessary? Absolutely
Here's our post IBC show in its entirety. It's a long one - over an hour, so if you haven't got time for all of it in one session, we've indexed it below so you can jump straight to the parts that interest you
With competition in the emerging virtual reality market heating up, Oculus Rift showed off its consumer headset and accessories, including two ways to control the action.
Support for Dolby Vision grows with the announcement that Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will use the Dolby Vision mastering process for high dynamic range 4K/UHD, featuring more vibrant colors/brightness and wider contrast range.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46375) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17105) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11978) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11052) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (10984) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (154) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1186) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1432) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2654) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1734) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite