Can you make a feature film with an iPhone? Well, "yes" is the answer if you don't mind a slightly fuzzy-looking picture on a big screen, and if you sit far enough away, but you can certainly get a cinematic "look" if you use cinema-type techniques when you make your film, and some software to give your work its finishing touches.
Guest author George Krieger, cinematographer and drone pilot (amongst many other things) takes us on a drone tour circa 2015, revealing the hottest consumer drones that will undoubtedly find their way to productions near you.
As NAB Show 2015 quickly approaches, we survey the buzz around rumored announcements from Canon, Sony, Panasonic and Blackmagic Design.
I’m in Miami with a group of some 30 journalists and Sony DI division staff for a hands-on of the a6300 as well as two of the three new G Master lenses – the 24-70 f/2.8 and the 85 f/1.4.
While 4K is certainly not for everyone – it’s a bear to work with, manage, and store – it is true nonetheless that 4K capture produces superior HD images: the additional fineness and reduced noise contributes to much better HD than originating in HD in the first place
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34523) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (28045) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23294) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (9528) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6947) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (231) The best quality video you will ever see
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (691) iZotope announces its newest mixing plug-in: Neutron
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (3311) How the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic drones will change the industry
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (3416) Low light photography continues to impress
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (1237) RED provides a masterclass in good customer service