We don't have any details on this but this blurry photo does appear to be the first picture of a Sony FS700 kitted out with what we assume is the AXS-R5 Raw Recorder, which is the only way that the FS700's 4K output can be accessed and stored
The mysterious new XDCAM from Sony may not be so mysterious after all... Our Far East correspondent, John Burkhart has been investigating
Off the top of my head, I can think of quite a lot of different kinds of flash storage device that are used by at least one sort of motion picture recording technology: multi-manufacturer standards such as CompactFlash, SD, SSD, the proprietary types including P2, SxS and AXS (in all their varieties), and expensive device-specific formats such as SR Memory, RED's flash devices, and the packs made by companies such as Codex for their general purpose recorders
With sales of Sony's larger 4K cameras (the "CineAlta" range) kicking off - apparently more than 2000 F5 and F55s have been sold - Sony has introduced a version of their 4K codec that is more "consumer friendly"
The Sony PMW-PZ1 is an intriguing compact deck for the company's XAVC memory camcorder ecosystem. Correctly marketed as “4K playback for everyone,” the deck is a convenient and flexible alternative to an expensive high-powered laptop to review and backup your digital footage.
Here's our post IBC show in its entirety. It's a long one - over an hour, so if you haven't got time for all of it in one session, we've indexed it below so you can jump straight to the parts that interest you
Today’s a pivotal moment in the history of digital video cameras. It’s like the day that the first VHS camcorder came out. It’s like the start of DV. And it’s like the time they announced the first HDV camera. Today’s the start of the 4K Prosumer camcorder revolution. Today’s the day that Sony’s announced its first consumer and prosumer 4K camcorders.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38304) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24981) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9539) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8455) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6408) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (206) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (749) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (762) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (436) How to complain effectively
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (2414) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite