Virtual and augmented reality have been on the periphery of the consumer technology landscape for some time now. But that may be about to change, as recent activity suggests we're in the early days of a boom period.
Ever wonder what a Canon 5D MK2, an NEX FS100 and a Blackmagic Cinema camera look like, side by side? Probably not because two of these are the old models and you'd more likely be thinking about a 5D MK3, an NEX FS700 and the Blackmagic camera. But that doesn't make this any less interesting
With competition in the emerging virtual reality market heating up, Oculus Rift showed off its consumer headset and accessories, including two ways to control the action.
Phil Rhodes visited London's BSC Expo 2016 mounted by the British Society of Cinematographers and brought back some industry insights and a few oddities in the lighting arena.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
While the rest of the top tier television manufacturers are dropping prices of their 4K/UHD televisions, LG aims to trump the competition with the world's first OLED 4K television and a massive pre-release price cut.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16951) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12095) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7111) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5813) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5270) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (279) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (477) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1410) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1206) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1017) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR