In a follow-up to one our favorite stories from 2015, photographer, cinematographer and documentarian Philip Grossman is readying his work for a personal exhibition at one of the most prestigious locales imaginable.
Hollywood equipment house AbelCine has been serving the needs of professionals for years. Now they're educating pros too, with two videos explaining Sony F55 camera and post workflow.
The Maghreb is the region of North Africa to the west of Egypt, with a quite distinctive culture from the rest of the Arab world, and linguistic influences from the ancient Berber to modern French and of course Arabic mingle to create a unique taste
Microsoft unveiled not one, but two future consoles, Playstation confirmed an October 13 launch date for Playstation VR and teased its Neo 4K Playstation, and Nintendo, once more, goes its own sweet way.
Some readers may remember a piece RedSharkNews published in 2013 detailing the camera rig I built up from parts collected from all over the world. In keeping with this theme, I recently purchased an Atomos Ninja Star portable ProRes recorder to give my three year-old Sony HD ‘hybrid’ a new lease of life.
What's the best shape for a camera? Phil Rhodes has some strong views
Most Americans have never heard of the Chinese electronics manufacturing giant TCL. But thanks to a decade of savvy business dealings and its next generation of budget-friendly UHD televisions arriving soon, that may be about to change. In the first of a two-part series, we explore the company's origins, and how it ascended to the edge of global market dominance.
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21207) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15793) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12855) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11134) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7302) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (411) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1275) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (667) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3662) Nvidia’s new GTX Titan X: the home-brew DaVinci grading suite just became even easier and cheaper
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3624) IBC2016 updates from Canon, Cooke & more