Here's a quick update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix, including Magix's response to the sale, and Sony's own statement.
Sony announced a new version of one of our best reviewed cameras of last year, plus a point-and-shoot, both featuring 4K recording.
Ergonomics is an increasingly important part of many industries, and when it comes to assessing the usability of a camera, is vital to a user’s long-term comfort.
Sony’s Webinar on extreme sports action filming on tomorrow will feature guest Thierry Donard, the filmmaker behind the extraordinary French action sports film movement 'Nuit de la Glisse'.
While there are emerging standards for HDR, there are none yet for HDR live production. Happily, it looks like Sony has a workable solution.
IBC is a convention for the moving image industry that is second only to NAB. It's an event that's amazing in its size and scope. We haven't been around long enough to have our own official awards, so here's my own ideosyncratic top three from this year's show, in reverse order
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16764) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12059) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10886) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7101) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5800) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (46) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (172) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1080) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1030) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (898) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR