We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.
We were a little bit underwhelmed when we saw the first footage from the F55, not because there's anything wrong with the camera - far from it; but because it was shot incredibly flat, and we kind of expected something a bit more eye-catching than that. The whole experience set us off on what was essentially a rant about how you shouldn't use YouTube or Vimeo to judge the quality of a camera
The blockbuster science-fiction movie look is now available to anyone with a good story, creative vision and persistance.
Approaching Crowd-sourced funding
When viewing shorts, it’s easy to be lured by Hollywood-style plotting, explosions and photorealistic animation. ‘Voyager’ reminds us the abstract can be just as compelling...
Often some of the more creative work you will see over the course of any given year, this year’s Academy-nominated short films are set to air on the big screen. Catch them while you can.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17083) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12130) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5828) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5344) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (368) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (868) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1580) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1267) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1075) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR