Budgeting for short or independent films
It's well-documented that the VFX industry is in a state of flux. Meanwhile, there's a new generation of CGI artists. Here's a piece made by students from the Platige Academy. It's their impressive short 'How to Train Your Robot'.
Every film-maker starting out wants to make the best short film, and get the best people and equipment to make it happen - but often with little or no budget at all, all in the hope that the idea is strong enough to get investors and potential co-workers to commit.
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (43129) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30473) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21464) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19458) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14514) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (196) RedShark Exclusive Competition: Win a Panasonic DVX200 - one of the most talked about cameras of the year
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (175) Will AMD's new CAD-centric FirePro W4300 graphics card also be good for film?
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (2915) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (1451) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1648) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right