Using the Universe 2 plugin Holomatrix II, among other software, Red Giant's Seth Worley delivers a micro-short starring BB-8, the diminutive droid that debuted in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
When viewing shorts, it’s easy to be lured by Hollywood-style plotting, explosions and photorealistic animation. ‘Voyager’ reminds us the abstract can be just as compelling...
We were a little bit underwhelmed when we saw the first footage from the F55, not because there's anything wrong with the camera - far from it; but because it was shot incredibly flat, and we kind of expected something a bit more eye-catching than that. The whole experience set us off on what was essentially a rant about how you shouldn't use YouTube or Vimeo to judge the quality of a camera
It's well-documented that the VFX industry is in a state of flux. Meanwhile, there's a new generation of CGI artists. Here's a piece made by students from the Platige Academy. It's their impressive short 'How to Train Your Robot'.
Budgeting for short or independent films
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17748) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12229) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5995) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5935) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5479) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (430) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (538) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1043) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1117) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1011) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options