We were a little bit underwhelmed when we saw the first footage from the F55, not because there's anything wrong with the camera - far from it; but because it was shot incredibly flat, and we kind of expected something a bit more eye-catching than that. The whole experience set us off on what was essentially a rant about how you shouldn't use YouTube or Vimeo to judge the quality of a camera
It's well-documented that the VFX industry is in a state of flux. Meanwhile, there's a new generation of CGI artists. Here's a piece made by students from the Platige Academy. It's their impressive short 'How to Train Your Robot'.
The blockbuster science-fiction movie look is now available to anyone with a good story, creative vision and persistance.
Every film-maker starting out wants to make the best short film, and get the best people and equipment to make it happen - but often with little or no budget at all, all in the hope that the idea is strong enough to get investors and potential co-workers to commit.
When viewing shorts, it’s easy to be lured by Hollywood-style plotting, explosions and photorealistic animation. ‘Voyager’ reminds us the abstract can be just as compelling...
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38312) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24991) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9590) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8469) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6409) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (273) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (812) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (799) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (442) How to complain effectively
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (2466) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite