Every film-maker starting out wants to make the best short film, and get the best people and equipment to make it happen - but often with little or no budget at all, all in the hope that the idea is strong enough to get investors and potential co-workers to commit.
When viewing shorts, it’s easy to be lured by Hollywood-style plotting, explosions and photorealistic animation. ‘Voyager’ reminds us the abstract can be just as compelling...
We were a little bit underwhelmed when we saw the first footage from the F55, not because there's anything wrong with the camera - far from it; but because it was shot incredibly flat, and we kind of expected something a bit more eye-catching than that. The whole experience set us off on what was essentially a rant about how you shouldn't use YouTube or Vimeo to judge the quality of a camera
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45074) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17692) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14859) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9772) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7608) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (405) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (4867) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1062) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3478) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (2030) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt