Approaching Crowd-sourced funding
We were a little bit underwhelmed when we saw the first footage from the F55, not because there's anything wrong with the camera - far from it; but because it was shot incredibly flat, and we kind of expected something a bit more eye-catching than that. The whole experience set us off on what was essentially a rant about how you shouldn't use YouTube or Vimeo to judge the quality of a camera
When viewing shorts, it’s easy to be lured by Hollywood-style plotting, explosions and photorealistic animation. ‘Voyager’ reminds us the abstract can be just as compelling...
It's well-documented that the VFX industry is in a state of flux. Meanwhile, there's a new generation of CGI artists. Here's a piece made by students from the Platige Academy. It's their impressive short 'How to Train Your Robot'.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (23897) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22655) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14854) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Friday 22 Jan 2016 - (8788) Shooting on Super 8 in the 21st century
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5933) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (146) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1579) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1680) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2263) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2790) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5