The blockbuster science-fiction movie look is now available to anyone with a good story, creative vision and persistance.
It's well-documented that the VFX industry is in a state of flux. Meanwhile, there's a new generation of CGI artists. Here's a piece made by students from the Platige Academy. It's their impressive short 'How to Train Your Robot'.
When viewing shorts, it’s easy to be lured by Hollywood-style plotting, explosions and photorealistic animation. ‘Voyager’ reminds us the abstract can be just as compelling...
We were a little bit underwhelmed when we saw the first footage from the F55, not because there's anything wrong with the camera - far from it; but because it was shot incredibly flat, and we kind of expected something a bit more eye-catching than that. The whole experience set us off on what was essentially a rant about how you shouldn't use YouTube or Vimeo to judge the quality of a camera
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42035) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30411) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21384) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19339) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14416) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (322) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (814) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (856) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - only one day left
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1194) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1185) ARRI Amira now captures in Prores 4444 XQ