When viewing shorts, it’s easy to be lured by Hollywood-style plotting, explosions and photorealistic animation. ‘Voyager’ reminds us the abstract can be just as compelling...
Budgeting for short or independent films
The blockbuster science-fiction movie look is now available to anyone with a good story, creative vision and persistance.
It's well-documented that the VFX industry is in a state of flux. Meanwhile, there's a new generation of CGI artists. Here's a piece made by students from the Platige Academy. It's their impressive short 'How to Train Your Robot'.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46489) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17159) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12020) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11752) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11035) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (607) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1314) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1679) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2884) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1966) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite