In a statement released today (and reproduced below in full) ARRI has announced that its Amira camera will can be upgraded to record UHD (not 4K) internally, as UHDProRes
The NEX-EA50EH is an NXCAM Camcorder with a large format Exmor APS-C HD CMOS sensor and interchangeable E-Mount lens system that can shoot in full HD and take 16 megapixel still photos. It comes with the newly developed SEL-P18200 18-200mm Power Zoom E-mount lens with “Optical Steady Shot” image stabilisation
Another chance to read this fantstic pair of articles: If you use a professional digital camera, you can't go far without understanding the relationship between sensors, lenses and depth of field. It's slightly more complicated than you might have thought!. Phil Rhodes makes it understandable
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29987) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21088) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17905) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13476) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10094) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (952) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (628) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1333) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (713) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2990) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?