Replay: You can't go far without understanding the relationship between sensors, lenses and depth of field, only it's slightly more complicated than you might have thought!. Phil Rhodes makes it understandable.
How much does it cost to make a smartphone these days? And does this mean you could build your own camera?
Last time, we discussed some of the technical concerns of lens selection and the issues of compatibility with sensors of various configurations and sizes. In this part, we'll look at the effects sensor size has on photography and the engineering compromises behind lenses and sensors
In a statement released today (and reproduced below in full) ARRI has announced that its Amira camera will can be upgraded to record UHD (not 4K) internally, as UHDProRes
With news that Digital Bolex is to stop making cameras, today's RedShark Replay takes us back to December 2012 and a time when a Kickstarter-funded digital 16mm camera was one of the year's most intriguing stories. Peter Haas talked to Joe Rubinstein, co-founder of Digital Bolex.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16797) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12063) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10890) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7103) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5803) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (90) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (228) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1156) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1055) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (917) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR