How often do people really take the time to explain the real basics? With stuff like colour correction, while you can and should rely on your eyes and a good, colour-calibrated monitoring system, you also need to make sure that your graded output is technically OK, or it might be rejected by your client
As usual in the Winter season, we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46396) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17115) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11985) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11260) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (10998) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (260) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1219) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1472) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2694) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1765) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite