Even though we've only been online for four months, we've got hundreds of articles on the site, and it's getting harder to find what you're looking for. Search is a good tool, but like all such systems, it doesn't always work as you'd expect. Which means that there's a lot of good material on the RedShark site that you might miss because you don't know it's there
RedShark is the website for the Moving Image Industry, and we're growing fast. We want our readers to have the best possible coverage of events and issues. And that's why we're not just attending the big industry shows around the world, we're taking part in them
How do you make sure you get the shot? The live webinar that went out last week is now available for viewing on demand
People often write to us asking us to help them in disputes with manufacturers. Sometimes they even ask us to start campaigns against the maker of some product they've bought that doesn't work properly. This is why we don't get involved.
In our article How should we test cameras? we asked what was better: unblinking scientific testing or judging on the percieved quality of the image, and we discussed some of the issues surrounding camera evaluations. But we thought it was only right to get the perspective from the people on the front-end doing the reviews themselves. Here, Roland Denning says the ultimate test takes time.
RedShark will be at NAB. If you want your company to have coverage at the show, get in touch with us now to set something up!
In our article How should we test cameras? we asked what was better: unblinking scientific testing or judging on the perceived quality of the image, and we discussed some of the issues surrounding camera evaluations. But we thought it was only right to get the perspective from the people on the front-end doing the reviews themselves. Here, Phil Rhodes talks about objectivity vs subjectivity.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46396) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17115) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11985) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11260) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (10997) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (260) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1219) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1472) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2694) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1765) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite