In our article How should we test cameras? we asked what was better: unblinking scientific testing or judging on the percieved quality of the image, and we discussed some of the issues surrounding camera evaluations. But we thought it was only right to get the perspective from the people on the front-end doing the reviews themselves. Here, Simon Wyndham presents The Reviewer’s Conundrum.
Thousands of you completed the Audio Network/RedShark survey about production music that we sent to RedShark subscribers last week. And one of you won the prize!
This is a funny time of year for any online technology publication. With Christmas coming up, you’d expect that nothing much would happen until the new year. But that's not quite right.
Register now for RedShark and Sony's live streaming masterclass from NYC - today at 1.30pm Eastern / 6.30pm UK / 7.30pm CET
Sony and RedShark - courtesy of Livestream - will stream a live show direct from New York later today which will see Sony's Peter Crithary and RedShark's Dave Shapton talk about how to plan and produce live TV shows with affordable equipment and services.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17756) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12231) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6007) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5937) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5481) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (460) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (552) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1053) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1121) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1013) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options