In our article How should we test cameras? we asked what was better: unblinking scientific testing or judging on the percieved quality of the image, and we discussed some of the issues surrounding camera evaluations. But we thought it was only right to get the perspective from the people on the front-end doing the reviews themselves. Here, Roland Denning says the ultimate test takes time.
Even though we've only been online for four months, we've got hundreds of articles on the site, and it's getting harder to find what you're looking for. Search is a good tool, but like all such systems, it doesn't always work as you'd expect. Which means that there's a lot of good material on the RedShark site that you might miss because you don't know it's there
Thousands of you completed the Audio Network/RedShark survey about production music that we sent to RedShark subscribers last week. And one of you won the prize!
This is the culmination of RedShark's first ever awards. Well done to the winners, announced below:
RedShark is the website for the Moving Image Industry, and we're growing fast. We want our readers to have the best possible coverage of events and issues. And that's why we're not just attending the big industry shows around the world, we're taking part in them
Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21731) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15889) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12932) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11171) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7331) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (222) Blackmagic's Fusion 8.2 coming to Linux in both free and paid versions
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (862) The fastest Nvidia GPU ever: the new Pascal-based Quadro P6000
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (832) Atomos firmware update brings HDR support to non-HDR displays
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (943) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1806) Is the standard lens just a myth?