Next month, December, we're introducing our theme of the month. This is where we focus on an important topic, with extended features, interviews with manufacturers, and product reviews.
Four years ago today, we launched RedShark. We had no idea whether what would happen when we started on this journey and we weren’t even thinking that we might be in the position we are today as one of the top websites written for, and read by, the entire Moving Image Industry.
This is the culmination of RedShark's first ever awards. Well done to the winners, announced below:
In our article How should we test cameras? we asked what was better: unblinking scientific testing or judging on the perceived quality of the image, and we discussed some of the issues surrounding camera evaluations. But we thought it was only right to get the perspective from the people on the front-end doing the reviews themselves. Here, Phil Rhodes talks about objectivity vs subjectivity.
Even though we've only been online for four months, we've got hundreds of articles on the site, and it's getting harder to find what you're looking for. Search is a good tool, but like all such systems, it doesn't always work as you'd expect. Which means that there's a lot of good material on the RedShark site that you might miss because you don't know it's there
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24358) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (14526) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8822) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8016) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6522) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (208) This might be the tipping point for 8K
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (470) A timelapse system that works unattended for months
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (6109) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1079) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (1344) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]