Products like the Blackmagic Cinema Camera and the upcoming Digital Bolex D16 - not to mention Magic Lantern-hacked EOS cameras are all capable of producing raw video. Just a few years back, virtually no-one had encountered this strange new format. Now, it's all over the place. Peter Haas looks at how you deal with this stuff in the real world
RedShark reader Krasnapolski saw Peter Haas' film Peter Pan Bakery, shot with a Digital Bolex D16, and sent us a link to a very similar production: Mario's Cafe by Roland Denning, a customer at the cafe. It was shot with a Sony Z7 HDV Camera. It's fascinating to compare the two!
We don't have any details on this but this blurry photo does appear to be the first picture of a Sony FS700 kitted out with what we assume is the AXS-R5 Raw Recorder, which is the only way that the FS700's 4K output can be accessed and stored
The birth of a new class of video software. BulletProof: it's designed to be "the other half of your camera". We interview its creator, Sean Safreed from Red Giant software
With digital, file-based production, your experience on-set during productions is a potential minefield. Throw a complicated raw workflow into the equation, and you need help. That's the reasoning behind Magic Bullet's BulletProof
Hollywood equipment house AbelCine has been serving the needs of professionals for years. Now they're educating pros too, with two videos explaining Sony F55 camera and post workflow.
Great news for Canon 7D users who feel left out of the Magic Lantern raw party, it would appear that the buffers for raw data on the 7D have now been found! This brings the 7D much closer to a working raw workflow
This is possibly the most unusual recording format we've seen. The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is one of the first to support it. Here's what it is, and what it isn't
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17670) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12218) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5929) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5923) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5437) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (5) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (326) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (946) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1065) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (989) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options