New York-based rental house OFFHOLLYWOOD, with the cooperation of RED cameras, has entered the accessories business, teasing three new products, with more to follow at IBC 2014.
There was a lot of news at IBC2014, particularly on the camera and camera accessory front, and we published a lot of stories as a result (with more still in the pipeline). Here, in case you’ve missed any of our coverage, are the highlights so far (with added Photokina).
Early this week we had a story about Matrox's DS1 Thunderbolt docking station. We said that the DS1 would go on the end of a Thunderbolt chain, with other devices in between the DS1 and the computer
RED and, say, Sony are diametrically different in so many ways, and perhaps no more so than in the way that the EPIC manufacturer absolutely loves to let information about new products seep from every pore
A show’s look is a powerful storytelling cue that helps orient an audience to a story’s intended genre and tone. In general, comedies look sharper, bluer, and more immediate. Dramas look more diffused, warmer, and past tense. It is the cinematographer’s responsibility to create a look that is consistent with the program’s genre from the very first frame. In this article Barry Braveman looks at how this can be achieved.
Is the camera industry in meltdown or is this a new age for cinematographers. And can you build a camera in your shed?
Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
What better way to demonstrate the power of a new tablet than by asking it to edit RED 6K files in real time?
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (44738) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17310) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14798) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9710) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7560) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1559) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (508) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (1787) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (1329) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (1049) So, where's all the new stuff?