RED is working on some kind of camera that it's slowly teasing to the world in partially obscured photos and hints. Could this finally be its long-rumoured consumer-oriented camera?
There was a lot of news at IBC2014, particularly on the camera and camera accessory front, and we published a lot of stories as a result (with more still in the pipeline). Here, in case you’ve missed any of our coverage, are the highlights so far (with added Photokina).
RED doesn't think that 4K is moving fast enough. They have a vested interest in thinking this. As arguably the first camera company to have 4K cameras on the market, their lead is is being challenged by newcomers from the more established companies
Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
Over the weekend we brought you the first images that were from the new RED Dragon sensor. We thought they looked sensational, and said so, but before everyone (including us) gets carried away, it's worth injecting a note of caution into the frenzy that surrounds this new sensor
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46375) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17105) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11978) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11052) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (10984) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (154) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1186) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1432) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2654) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1734) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite