You may think that the world doesn't need another expensive storage format when generic storage is getting cheaper and faster all the time - but this new RED format guarantees performance in situations where your footage is almost inevitably going to be worth many times more than your memory
There's always a moment when the harsh nature of reality is crystallised; when however hard you try, you can't pretend any more that things are OK. For most people, this type of thing happens when they get their first credit card bill after Christmas. For Red, one imagines, their corporate hearts stopped for a moment last Tuesday, 30th October, when Sony revealed the scale of their new camera ecosystem.
Proving the axiom that not all firmware updates are created equal, RED packs a punch via its ‘Build 4’
What better way to demonstrate the power of a new tablet than by asking it to edit RED 6K files in real time?
It has come as a massive surprise to users of RED cameras as it has always been a much requested feature, but the official line has always been that GPU cards were just not very good at handling the debayering and wavelet technology that is involved in working with RED footage. Well this has all suddenly changed, with a new version of REDCINE-X that supports graphics card technology to take the load off the computers CPU
While most fans are gearing up for the December arrival of Star Wars: The Force Awakens by snapping up the newly launched range of toys and collectibles, vfx artist Eric Demeusy chose to pay tribute by crafting his very own Star Wars mini-film.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46429) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17128) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11989) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11495) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11009) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (415) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1252) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1550) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2754) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1851) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite