RED doesn't think that 4K is moving fast enough. They have a vested interest in thinking this. As arguably the first camera company to have 4K cameras on the market, their lead is is being challenged by newcomers from the more established companies
Proving the axiom that not all firmware updates are created equal, RED packs a punch via its ‘Build 4’
RED’s 8K WEAPON is being used to capture images for Marvel’s latest cosmic adventures in Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2, and Codex kit is handling the data. The resulting workflow on the production is an interesting insight into how we’ll work with 8K.
Nearly a year after initially putting down a deposit for a Scarlet-W, Rakesh Malik now finally has $30,000 worth of Epic-W in his hands and discovers that it could be the ideal mixed still and cinematography camera for anyone serious about either format.
Is the camera industry in meltdown or is this a new age for cinematographers. And can you build a camera in your shed?
Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
RED has just made available a short film shot (amazingly by a 19-year old, Jonny Mass) on a RED Weapon Helium 8K loaned to him by Jarred Land for a mere 24 hours. And it tells us a few things about the camera.
Professional storage brand G-Technology continues its trend of collaboration through a recent partnership with Atomos.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24599) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (20450) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15952) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8465) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (5970) The Panasonic FZ80: 4K for under $400
- Saturday 21 Jan 2017 - (80) A behind-the-scenes look at The Last Starfighter and the very early days of CG
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (876) Metabones announces fifth generation EF To E mount adapters
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (5399) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (786) Some stunning work using the Phantom Miro
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (2323) The "iPhone" of the video industry? [sponsored]