Over the weekend we brought you the first images that were from the new RED Dragon sensor. We thought they looked sensational, and said so, but before everyone (including us) gets carried away, it's worth injecting a note of caution into the frenzy that surrounds this new sensor
Using just a single RED Epic and a simple 75mm master prime… oh, and an old building crammed with actors, dancers, acrobats, complex lighting, technicians, directors, producers and the film crew, this amazingly complex video was captured at 300 fps in a single shot
RED is making an early push to be the talk of NAB 2015 by teasing information on its new Weapon Dragon camera in the weeks before the show.
It was the camera that broke Cine Gear 2016. Michael Cioni, President of Light Iron and Product Director of the Panavision Millennium DXL, talks to Matt Aindow about the DNA of one of the most spectacular camera launches of 2016.
Here's another chance to read Peter Haas's epic article on when you should use raw. (It's over a year old, so you may find some of the references outdated, but it's still an important read).
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95628) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39332) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25866) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6603) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5522) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (1040) Thanks to Apple, this is the FCP 10.3 review I can’t write
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (3106) Touch Bar MacBook Pro redefines high-end
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (834) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (1870) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (929) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]