Why do we even bother shooting high quality footage when satellite and terrestrial broadcast compression throws it all away?
We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
What does quality mean these days? There is almost no limit to the quality of video we can capture now, and yet, low-fi and Instagram are increasingly popular. What's going on?
Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24467) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (16172) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15292) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8988) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8213) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (208) Is it time for drastic changes to operating systems?
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (557) Impressive post stabilised footage from ReelSteady
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (433) Hedge Connect lets you check your offloads status
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (1458) Hive crowdfunds innovative high-tech LED light
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (2295) This might be the tipping point for 8K