We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
What does quality mean these days? There is almost no limit to the quality of video we can capture now, and yet, low-fi and Instagram are increasingly popular. What's going on?
Why do we even bother shooting high quality footage when satellite and terrestrial broadcast compression throws it all away?
Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94877) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38953) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22599) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6640) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5963) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (688) The good news about high resolution and storage
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (688) Get illuminated with Logickeyboard’s new backlit Astra keyboard
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (822) The actual cost of your iPhone camera
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (985) The real reason why we need 8K
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (1169) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure