Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
What does quality mean these days? There is almost no limit to the quality of video we can capture now, and yet, low-fi and Instagram are increasingly popular. What's going on?
Why do we even bother shooting high quality footage when satellite and terrestrial broadcast compression throws it all away?
We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30020) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21115) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17938) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13553) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10155) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (230) How to colour correct on unsuitable monitors
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9371) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1250) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (760) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1565) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks