We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
Why do we even bother shooting high quality footage when satellite and terrestrial broadcast compression throws it all away?
Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
What does quality mean these days? There is almost no limit to the quality of video we can capture now, and yet, low-fi and Instagram are increasingly popular. What's going on?
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38312) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24989) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9587) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8469) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6409) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (270) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (812) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (797) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (442) How to complain effectively
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (2464) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite