What does quality mean these days? There is almost no limit to the quality of video we can capture now, and yet, low-fi and Instagram are increasingly popular. What's going on?
We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
Why do we even bother shooting high quality footage when satellite and terrestrial broadcast compression throws it all away?
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34302) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (27939) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23202) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (9316) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6889) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (85) Canon’s low light camera continues to impress
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (632) RED provides a masterclass in good customer service
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (1382) The end of Apple Quicktime on Windows means problems for ProRes
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1427) An amazing hyperlapse, years in the making
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (798) Watch Again! RedShark and Sony's live streaming masterclass from NYC!