Why do we even bother shooting high quality footage when satellite and terrestrial broadcast compression throws it all away?
We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
Here are some fascinating things that we learned from our sessions at London's Broadcast Video Expo
What does quality mean these days? There is almost no limit to the quality of video we can capture now, and yet, low-fi and Instagram are increasingly popular. What's going on?
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46371) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17098) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11976) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (10969) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (10792) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (112) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1170) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1406) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2623) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1708) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite