JVC Professional is launching four new D-ILA projectors this month, three of which feature an upgraded version of its e-shift technology, now dubbed e-shift2, which will help fill the 4k content gap by up-converting and scaling HD content to a 4k signal. And there’s some other nifty tech features on them too. Andy Stout takes a look
"It produces Effects not only very delightful, but to such as know the contrivance, very wonderful; so that Spectators, not well versed in Opticks, that could see the various Apparitions and Disappearances, the Motions, Changes and Actions, that may this way be presented, would readily believe them super-natural and miraculous”
Philosophical Transactions, 17 August 1668, vol. 3
When we were approached by RedShark News to take a look at the new Sony HXR-NX30E we were delighted to be asked, so we gladly said,‘of course!’. We're always excited to get our hands on new technology and equipment so the camera was swiftly biked over to us
A new app allows both Android and iOS smartphone and tablet users to project images wirelessly, reports Kate Large
JVC has always made good projectors. And they've always used really good technology that's been kind-of hard to understand, because it takes a lot of explaining. But if all you want is good pictures, the tech doesn't really matter, because if it looks good, it is good
At CES Sony demonstrated a prototype of an Ultra Short Throw Projector that uses Laser Illumination and has 4K resolution, and it even looks stylish.
- Saturday 28 May 2016 - (44065) 10 things Editors would like to say to Directors
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (25717) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20585) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (9628) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (8330) The Sony PXW-Z150: “It is astounding what Sony has achieved for this price.”
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (244) Panasonic PTZ cameras join Newtek’s NDI
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (633) The Olympics are going to be the biggest 8K test yet
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (3200) RedShark Review: Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (711) Can VR really live up to the hype?
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (1844) 5.6Tbps broadband tests - that's 200 feature films per second