When we were approached by RedShark News to take a look at the new Sony HXR-NX30E we were delighted to be asked, so we gladly said,‘of course!’. We're always excited to get our hands on new technology and equipment so the camera was swiftly biked over to us
JVC Professional is launching four new D-ILA projectors this month, three of which feature an upgraded version of its e-shift technology, now dubbed e-shift2, which will help fill the 4k content gap by up-converting and scaling HD content to a 4k signal. And there’s some other nifty tech features on them too. Andy Stout takes a look
At CES Sony demonstrated a prototype of an Ultra Short Throw Projector that uses Laser Illumination and has 4K resolution, and it even looks stylish.
JVC has always made good projectors. And they've always used really good technology that's been kind-of hard to understand, because it takes a lot of explaining. But if all you want is good pictures, the tech doesn't really matter, because if it looks good, it is good
A new app allows both Android and iOS smartphone and tablet users to project images wirelessly, reports Kate Large
"It produces Effects not only very delightful, but to such as know the contrivance, very wonderful; so that Spectators, not well versed in Opticks, that could see the various Apparitions and Disappearances, the Motions, Changes and Actions, that may this way be presented, would readily believe them super-natural and miraculous”
Philosophical Transactions, 17 August 1668, vol. 3
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34260) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (27895) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23177) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (8942) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6865) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (315) The end of Apple Quicktime on Windows means problems for ProRes
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (884) An amazing hyperlapse, years in the making
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (603) Watch Again! RedShark and Sony's live streaming masterclass from NYC!
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1599) Olympus’ new image stabilisation is insanely powerful
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1140) DJI's new Mavic Pro revolutionises the small drone market