JVC has always made good projectors. And they've always used really good technology that's been kind-of hard to understand, because it takes a lot of explaining. But if all you want is good pictures, the tech doesn't really matter, because if it looks good, it is good
"It produces Effects not only very delightful, but to such as know the contrivance, very wonderful; so that Spectators, not well versed in Opticks, that could see the various Apparitions and Disappearances, the Motions, Changes and Actions, that may this way be presented, would readily believe them super-natural and miraculous”
Philosophical Transactions, 17 August 1668, vol. 3
At CES Sony demonstrated a prototype of an Ultra Short Throw Projector that uses Laser Illumination and has 4K resolution, and it even looks stylish.
JVC Professional is launching four new D-ILA projectors this month, three of which feature an upgraded version of its e-shift technology, now dubbed e-shift2, which will help fill the 4k content gap by up-converting and scaling HD content to a 4k signal. And there’s some other nifty tech features on them too. Andy Stout takes a look
When we were approached by RedShark News to take a look at the new Sony HXR-NX30E we were delighted to be asked, so we gladly said,‘of course!’. We're always excited to get our hands on new technology and equipment so the camera was swiftly biked over to us
A new app allows both Android and iOS smartphone and tablet users to project images wirelessly, reports Kate Large
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29880) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21021) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17813) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13254) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (9978) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (175) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (461) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2050) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5589) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2159) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?