A new app allows both Android and iOS smartphone and tablet users to project images wirelessly, reports Kate Large
JVC Professional is launching four new D-ILA projectors this month, three of which feature an upgraded version of its e-shift technology, now dubbed e-shift2, which will help fill the 4k content gap by up-converting and scaling HD content to a 4k signal. And there’s some other nifty tech features on them too. Andy Stout takes a look
When we were approached by RedShark News to take a look at the new Sony HXR-NX30E we were delighted to be asked, so we gladly said,‘of course!’. We're always excited to get our hands on new technology and equipment so the camera was swiftly biked over to us
JVC has always made good projectors. And they've always used really good technology that's been kind-of hard to understand, because it takes a lot of explaining. But if all you want is good pictures, the tech doesn't really matter, because if it looks good, it is good
"It produces Effects not only very delightful, but to such as know the contrivance, very wonderful; so that Spectators, not well versed in Opticks, that could see the various Apparitions and Disappearances, the Motions, Changes and Actions, that may this way be presented, would readily believe them super-natural and miraculous”
Philosophical Transactions, 17 August 1668, vol. 3
At CES Sony demonstrated a prototype of an Ultra Short Throw Projector that uses Laser Illumination and has 4K resolution, and it even looks stylish.
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (22436) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (16106) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (13199) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11266) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Monday 18 Jul 2016 - (7267) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Friday 29 Jul 2016 - (62) You want to make good video? From corporate to blockbusters, don’t forget about characters
- Friday 29 Jul 2016 - (7218) Star Wars used more CGI than you thought
- Friday 29 Jul 2016 - (1405) The Joy of Parallax (or In Defence of Sliders)
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (1607) A high CRI tungsten-balanced LED that won't break the bank
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (1185) Why the world’s best movie theatre is often found at IBC in Amsterdam