Popular though the Arri Alexa is, some people have been deterred from recording the Raw output by the requirement for the camera to be tethered to an outboard recorder which sometimes cost as much to rent as the camera itself! RedShark contributor Freya reports
Blackmagic's original Cinema Camera continues to amaze, with some people likening it to a mini Arri Alexa. Most of what we've seen from the camera - understandably, has been from the raw footage, subsequently graded - sometimes heavily
Atomos is one of the best examples of a company that rides the wave of new technology. As soon as a new function or capability becomes possible at a sensible price point, Atomos jumps on it and makes a product.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38484) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25135) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10161) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8623) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6454) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (284) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (590) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (2815) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1011) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1259) How to shoot good interviews