Sony is releasing firmware updates for its popular F55, F5 and FS7 cameras, unlocking new functionality for these venerable favorites. But in order to take full advantage of these updates, it may cost you.
Popular though the Arri Alexa is, some people have been deterred from recording the Raw output by the requirement for the camera to be tethered to an outboard recorder which sometimes cost as much to rent as the camera itself! RedShark contributor Freya reports
Blackmagic's original Cinema Camera continues to amaze, with some people likening it to a mini Arri Alexa. Most of what we've seen from the camera - understandably, has been from the raw footage, subsequently graded - sometimes heavily
Perhaps in response to the recent Sony F5 'hack' (or perhaps not; who can say?), Sony has announced that it will now be offering a software only 4K recording upgrade for the Sony F5, in addition to its full Sony F5 to F55 hardware upgrade.
A surprise upgrade for Sony's shoulder-mount ENG cameras means they can record HD with the same quality as visually lossless ProRes
Fifteen years ago, audio over the Internet was broadcast - and stored - as RealAudio. For those of us listening in over dial-up or downloading one-minute clips, it was an unexceptional entry into the world of new media. Kieron Seth wonders what will happen to our soon-to-be outdated media files.
Panasonic has just released a firmware update which delivers a raft of new recording modes and features for the Varicam 35 and Varicam HS cameras.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38301) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24971) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9482) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8443) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6404) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (50) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (703) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (728) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (427) How to complain effectively
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (2371) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite