Fifteen years ago, audio over the Internet was broadcast - and stored - as RealAudio. For those of us listening in over dial-up or downloading one-minute clips, it was an unexceptional entry into the world of new media. Kieron Seth wonders what will happen to our soon-to-be outdated media files.
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
Convergent Design, who gave us one of the biggest product surprises at NAB 2013 with their Odyssey monitor/recorders, has released pricing information about their modular system, including daily rental options for additional and camera-specific codecs
We take a look at Cinemartin's Cinec 4 transcoding tool and whether it's worth a premium over lower-cost and free options.
Somewhat surprisingly, Sound Devices has added the ability to record 12-bit, 4:4:4 content to Apple ProRes 4444 format at 330 Mbit/s, giving a "perceptually lossless" quality to stored material
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47056) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17519) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13031) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12282) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11275) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (135) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1475) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (1797) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (4015) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2074) Microsoft makes 3D scanning possible with any mobile phone