Most of us, if we're honest, struggle slightly when it comes to configuring even HD equipment and settings. There are enough combinations of frame rates, codecs and resolutions that just about everyone has to stop and think when they're setting up their gear
Somewhat surprisingly, Sound Devices has added the ability to record 12-bit, 4:4:4 content to Apple ProRes 4444 format at 330 Mbit/s, giving a "perceptually lossless" quality to stored material
Sony is releasing firmware updates for its popular F55, F5 and FS7 cameras, unlocking new functionality for these venerable favorites. But in order to take full advantage of these updates, it may cost you.
We take a look at Cinemartin's Cinec 4 transcoding tool and whether it's worth a premium over lower-cost and free options.
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29881) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21026) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17840) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13268) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (9982) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (251) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (478) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2130) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5701) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2247) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?