Fifteen years ago, audio over the Internet was broadcast - and stored - as RealAudio. For those of us listening in over dial-up or downloading one-minute clips, it was an unexceptional entry into the world of new media. Kieron Seth wonders what will happen to our soon-to-be outdated media files.
A surprise upgrade for Sony's shoulder-mount ENG cameras means they can record HD with the same quality as visually lossless ProRes
ProRes remains a living codec and proof of that came out two days ago when Apple announced ProRes XQ - an ever higher quality variant
Last week I was very fortunate to be able to borrow a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera for the afternoon. I was meeting my daughter in Camden Market so I took the camera along and shot some bits and pieces. I have uploaded the footage to Vimeo
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16787) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12062) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10890) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7103) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5803) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (87) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (223) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1148) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1051) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (912) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR