Somewhat surprisingly, Sound Devices has added the ability to record 12-bit, 4:4:4 content to Apple ProRes 4444 format at 330 Mbit/s, giving a "perceptually lossless" quality to stored material
Blackmagic's original Cinema Camera continues to amaze, with some people likening it to a mini Arri Alexa. Most of what we've seen from the camera - understandably, has been from the raw footage, subsequently graded - sometimes heavily
We're following a bit of a theme here: ProRes versus in-camera recording. Here's an extremely interesting clip with a split-screen demonstration of ProRes vs a Canon C100's internal codec which is 24Mbit/s AVCHD
A new, higher quality version of ProRes is immediately supported by the ARRI Alexa
Freya Black gives more details on how the ARRI Amira is going to ouput 4K
ProRes remains a living codec and proof of that came out two days ago when Apple announced ProRes XQ - an ever higher quality variant
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38317) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24994) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9631) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8476) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6412) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (221) Announced today: The Varicam LT is Panasonic's more affordable cinema camera. Top end features for a much lower price.
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (334) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (855) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (835) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (452) How to complain effectively