Fifteen years ago, audio over the Internet was broadcast - and stored - as RealAudio. For those of us listening in over dial-up or downloading one-minute clips, it was an unexceptional entry into the world of new media. Kieron Seth wonders what will happen to our soon-to-be outdated media files.
This new device from Atomos is what DSLR users have been waiting for - and its half the price we expected!
Blackmagic's original Cinema Camera continues to amaze, with some people likening it to a mini Arri Alexa. Most of what we've seen from the camera - understandably, has been from the raw footage, subsequently graded - sometimes heavily
Atomos is one of the best examples of a company that rides the wave of new technology. As soon as a new function or capability becomes possible at a sensible price point, Atomos jumps on it and makes a product.
Freya Black gives more details on how the ARRI Amira is going to ouput 4K
All those looking for an easier way to work with ProRes on Windows might just have had some of their wishes granted with a forthcoming update to Creative Cloud.
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
The AJA CION has been available for some time now, but very little finished footage has been seen so far. Here's an example from a production shot in New York.
- Saturday 13 Aug 2016 - (32843) If you want to get the best out of digital, buy an old film camera.
- Thursday 11 Aug 2016 - (15764) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15084) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Tuesday 9 Aug 2016 - (12277) How to make a 4K video without a 4K video camera
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10146) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (779) Sony announces new HXR-NX5R camcorder
- Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 - (378) Using presets with Blackmagic Ursa 4.0 beta firmware
- Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 - (827) RedShark Review: DPA 4017B condenser mic
- Tuesday 23 Aug 2016 - (2681) Why the Ursa Mini's new software and UI is a welcome change
- Monday 22 Aug 2016 - (1353) What will we see in VR's next wave?