Sony's Glasnost: Is Sony opening up to working with other companies and products?
Atomos is one of the best examples of a company that rides the wave of new technology. As soon as a new function or capability becomes possible at a sensible price point, Atomos jumps on it and makes a product.
We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHD
Perhaps in response to the recent Sony F5 'hack' (or perhaps not; who can say?), Sony has announced that it will now be offering a software only 4K recording upgrade for the Sony F5, in addition to its full Sony F5 to F55 hardware upgrade.
Convergent Design, who gave us one of the biggest product surprises at NAB 2013 with their Odyssey monitor/recorders, has released pricing information about their modular system, including daily rental options for additional and camera-specific codecs
This new device from Atomos is what DSLR users have been waiting for - and its half the price we expected!
Acrovid are a small company based in Panama City. They have just released version 1.0 of FootageStudio 4K, a video transcoding package for the PC which brings simple batch processing of video files to multiple formats including ProRes and also has noise reducton and impressive Slo Motion capabilities.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38581) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25223) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10374) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8711) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6573) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (334) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (865) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (672) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1093) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (4984) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price