11 teraflops, 12GB GDDR5X, around $1,200...Craig Marshall on Nvidia’s latest Pascal-generation graphic card which even the company itself suggests boasts ‘an irresponsible amount of power’.
As part of an ongoing strategy to get its chipsets into more devices, nVidia has launched Shield, its own set-top box games console based on the new Android TV operating system. What’s more, it supports 4K media playback at 60fps.
Nvidia has a new mobile chip that's as powerful as the world's fastest supercomputer in the year 2000
It's really, really hard to create a GGI human face that's convincing. If you know this, then you also know the reason why so many blockbuster movies (Antz, Bug's life, Cars, WALL•E etc) have been about things and not humans
Nvidia have made a presentation from this year's Siggraph available, showing how Pixar is using its OptiX GPU accelerated lighting to speed up previewing of scenes
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee is home to the worlds fastest supercomputer nicknamed "Titan", Nvidia created the chips that power Titan and have now released a graphics card using the same chip.
Consumer-grade GPUs are getting faster and, crucially, they're using less power
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17755) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12231) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6004) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5937) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5481) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (452) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (548) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1050) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1121) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1013) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options