With the imminently released fourth gen Apple TV deciding to eschew 4K compatibility, erstwhile rival Roku is making a play for the resolution high ground with the new 4K-capable Roku 4.
Remember the long-rumoured Apple television set? According to reports, it looks like Cupertino’s equally long-rumoured live TV streaming service is heading towards the same vapourware graveyard.
It is one of those counter-intuitive sounding things, but Netflix has a new plan for making sure that its video content hits your monitor in the best condition possible, even if that means lower resolution.
Broadband speed will be the most important factor in watching video at home. Following in the steps of Netflix, which has maintained an independent rating of ISP speeds for some while now, Google’s own Video Quality Report has just been rolled out to the US.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24467) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (16177) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15292) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8988) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8213) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (208) Is it time for drastic changes to operating systems?
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (558) Impressive post stabilised footage from ReelSteady
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (433) Hedge Connect lets you check your offloads status
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (1458) Hive crowdfunds innovative high-tech LED light
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (2295) This might be the tipping point for 8K