It's a big day for the Lightworks team today because they're releasing a big new upgrade. Even though it's a "point" release, there's a lot of important stuff in there, so let's dive straight in
As promised by Editshare, Lightworks for Linux is now available for download as a public Beta test
This is the news everyone's been waiting for: the release date for the Public Beta of the Mac version of Lightworks
In editing, as elsewhere, AI offers both intriguing possibilities and huge potential pitfalls. Perhaps though the biggest issue that we face is that AI editing is already here, and it is getting better and better all the time.
New video showing important new functionality in Lightworks for Windows 11.1
Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
Editshare has come right out and said it: they're going to be showing Lightworks for OS X at NAB in April. As excitement builds around the imminent public Beta release of the Linux version, a public showing of Lightworks for the Mac platform will be a major event in the timeline of NLE history, because it will be the first time that a significant NLE has been shown to work on the three major platforms in use today
RedShark Review: For nearly fifteen years now, Danish-based Logickeyboard has been busy producing custom colour keyboards that interface industry standard video, audio and graphic packages, and the new Astra LED backlit series continues in that fine tradition. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (18886) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12455) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12427) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (7879) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6750) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (273) Space X: The coolest video we saw last week
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (751) Sony Xperia XZ Premium: the extreme slo-mo cellphone
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (238) How driverless cars will lead to better cameras
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (3085) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Sunday 26 Feb 2017 - (1555) Fire at Sea: How to grade for documentary