While critics of subscription-based pricing for software continually cry foul, subscriptions could actually help products to become better over time.
After close to three months developing and testing, Blackmagic has brought the latest version of its popular editing and colour grading suite, DaVinci Resolve 12.5, out of beta. This, you feel, is an essential upgrade.
Editshare has come right out and said it: they're going to be showing Lightworks for OS X at NAB in April. As excitement builds around the imminent public Beta release of the Linux version, a public showing of Lightworks for the Mac platform will be a major event in the timeline of NLE history, because it will be the first time that a significant NLE has been shown to work on the three major platforms in use today
BorisFX Continuum Complete 9 (BCC 9) was first released for Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe After Effects / Premiere Pro. Further versions for other host applications such as Apple Final Cut Pro X / Motion 5 and the OpenFX architecture of Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve have arrived which makes it a good time for Mark Zdunnek to assess the package and its capabilities.
RedShark Replay: With interest in all things editing at a high on the RedShark site as we enter into the summer months, here's another chance to read Peter Hass' excellent article on the art of editing.
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34539) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (28063) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23297) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6962) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (6118) VEGAS is back, and it's in very good shape
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (428) The best quality video you will ever see
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (846) iZotope announces its newest mixing plug-in: Neutron
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (3623) How the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic drones will change the industry
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (3610) Low light photography continues to impress
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (1322) RED provides a masterclass in good customer service