BorisFX Continuum Complete 9 (BCC 9) was first released for Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe After Effects / Premiere Pro. Further versions for other host applications such as Apple Final Cut Pro X / Motion 5 and the OpenFX architecture of Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve have arrived which makes it a good time for Mark Zdunnek to assess the package and its capabilities.
Editshare has come right out and said it: they're going to be showing Lightworks for OS X at NAB in April. As excitement builds around the imminent public Beta release of the Linux version, a public showing of Lightworks for the Mac platform will be a major event in the timeline of NLE history, because it will be the first time that a significant NLE has been shown to work on the three major platforms in use today
RedShark Replay: NLEs (Non Linear Editors - computer editing systems) have transformed the creative process since they were first introduced a quarter of a century ago. But how do they actually work?
Deftly avoiding any superstitious sensibilities by jumping directly from version 12 to 14, the new version of Lightworks comes with a new user interface.
It's a big day for the Lightworks team today because they're releasing a big new upgrade. Even though it's a "point" release, there's a lot of important stuff in there, so let's dive straight in
Opinion: Final Cut Pro X might have driven swarms of editors into the arms of Apple’s rivals, but with FCPX 10.3 Apple finally delivered on the promise of the software and, if you edit, you owe it to yourself to leave your preconceptions at the door and check it out. By Khaled Spiewak.
This is the news everyone's been waiting for: the release date for the Public Beta of the Mac version of Lightworks
The graphics power of the Xbox One would make video and graphics applications fly - for only $350.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17231) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12154) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7122) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5842) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5495) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (154) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (535) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1457) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1823) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1391) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]