Our series of exclusive video tutorials created for us by Darren Mostyn from Online Creative and produced in conjunction with Blackmagic itself, is now complete and takes you all the way through the creative editing process in one of the most powerful packages out there.
Our countdown hits the Top Three with proof that anything related to Final Cut Pro X is an incredibly popular - not to mention at times sensitive - topic out there. As Clayton Moore wrote in July, the software had been updating on a regular basis and then it just stopped. There are two reasons this happens at Apple: either it’s about to be killed off, or there is something new and better waiting in the wings.
RedShark's very lucky because we share an office building (and a parent company, EditShare) with one of the most talked-about products in the world of video: Lightworks. We're editorially independent of Lightworks and EditShare, but it certainly helps when we can can sit down next to the developers, product and technical support managers and say "how about making an exclusive for RedShark: the first-ever full-length official demo of Lightworks for Linux"
While critics of subscription-based pricing for software continually cry foul, subscriptions could actually help products to become better over time.
After close to three months developing and testing, Blackmagic has brought the latest version of its popular editing and colour grading suite, DaVinci Resolve 12.5, out of beta. This, you feel, is an essential upgrade.
It's a big day for the Lightworks team today because they're releasing a big new upgrade. Even though it's a "point" release, there's a lot of important stuff in there, so let's dive straight in
Editshare has come right out and said it: they're going to be showing Lightworks for OS X at NAB in April. As excitement builds around the imminent public Beta release of the Linux version, a public showing of Lightworks for the Mac platform will be a major event in the timeline of NLE history, because it will be the first time that a significant NLE has been shown to work on the three major platforms in use today
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24599) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (20448) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15951) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8464) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (5969) The Panasonic FZ80: 4K for under $400
- Saturday 21 Jan 2017 - (79) A behind-the-scenes look at The Last Starfighter and the very early days of CG
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (871) Metabones announces fifth generation EF To E mount adapters
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (5389) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (784) Some stunning work using the Phantom Miro
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (2323) The "iPhone" of the video industry? [sponsored]