As promised by Editshare, Lightworks for Linux is now available for download as a public Beta test
Today, Lightworks is released for Mac users. Yes, the same application that already runs on Windows and Linux is now a fully-fledged Mac program that can be - and is - used to edit feature films.
Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
Editshare has come right out and said it: they're going to be showing Lightworks for OS X at NAB in April. As excitement builds around the imminent public Beta release of the Linux version, a public showing of Lightworks for the Mac platform will be a major event in the timeline of NLE history, because it will be the first time that a significant NLE has been shown to work on the three major platforms in use today
This is the news everyone's been waiting for: the release date for the Public Beta of the Mac version of Lightworks
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (43735) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30550) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21501) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19512) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14588) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Wednesday 2 Dec 2015 - (106) How real life can trump VFX - even in space
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (997) RedShark Exclusive Competition: Win a Panasonic DVX200 - one of the most talked about cameras of the year
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (616) Will AMD's new CAD-centric FirePro W4300 graphics card also be good for film?
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (5468) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (2121) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?