The Lightworks team has just released some news about all three versions of Lighworks, including a suggestion that Lightworks for OS X will enter Alpha testing shortly after NAB
Blackmagic has unveiled the latest iteration of its popular color grading application, Da Vinci Resolve, with a public beta that furthers its progression towards being a fully-featured editor.
RedShark's very lucky because we share an office building (and a parent company, EditShare) with one of the most talked-about products in the world of video: Lightworks. We're editorially independent of Lightworks and EditShare, but it certainly helps when we can can sit down next to the developers, product and technical support managers and say "how about making an exclusive for RedShark: the first-ever full-length official demo of Lightworks for Linux"
RedShark Replay: With interest in all things editing at a high on the RedShark site as we enter into the summer months, here's another chance to read Peter Hass' excellent article on the art of editing.
Asus prepares to bundle Leap Motion controller in a sensational boost for motion control user interfaces. This really could be the future of video editing
Today, Lightworks is released for Mac users. Yes, the same application that already runs on Windows and Linux is now a fully-fledged Mac program that can be - and is - used to edit feature films.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47593) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13984) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12530) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11622) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9321) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (525) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (941) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1136) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (973) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1239) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts