Editshare has come right out and said it: they're going to be showing Lightworks for OS X at NAB in April. As excitement builds around the imminent public Beta release of the Linux version, a public showing of Lightworks for the Mac platform will be a major event in the timeline of NLE history, because it will be the first time that a significant NLE has been shown to work on the three major platforms in use today
Opinion: Final Cut Pro X might have driven swarms of editors into the arms of Apple’s rivals, but with FCPX 10.3 Apple finally delivered on the promise of the software and, if you edit, you owe it to yourself to leave your preconceptions at the door and check it out. By Khaled Spiewak.
New video showing important new functionality in Lightworks for Windows 11.1
Lightworks may be twenty years old but it's been brought bang up to date and the current release, 11.5, is the last one before it does tri-platform with the arrival of the Mac version
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16773) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12061) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10889) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7103) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5802) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (70) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (197) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1109) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1041) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (900) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR