Big news for news for Linux fans: Editshare has today announced it aims to release a public Beta version before the end of the first quarter of 2013. Now, everyone will be able to try Lightworks for Linux
On first blush, it seemed like an April Fool's Day joke, but it's real: Magic Lantern has discovered how to run Linux on Canon EOS cameras, opening the door to new innovations.
Dell have announced that their linux based XPS13 ultrabook (codenamed "Sputnik") that was launched in the US last November is being updated and launched in Europe. It's a powerful spec, probably intended for developers - but it could be ideal for Lightworks
Highpoint technology have been making RAID cards for Macs and PC's under the RocketRAID name for years. They have just released a new range of PCIe cards with 4 USB3 ports and drivers for Mac, Windows and Linux
Is this the most important new computer for a decade? It might not sound a likely candidate for that award. It's not very powerful. It's made of plastic. You can't run your favourite applications on it. You certainly can't use it to edit video. And yet, for reasons I'll explain below, I think it's pretty important.
The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.
- Saturday 30 Apr 2016 - (28143) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field.
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21765) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (9427) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 22 Apr 2016 - (6433) RedShark NAB Awards - The Results
- Monday 2 May 2016 - (5386) Will the Lytro Cinema Camera kill off the 2D pixel?
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (249) Sony Catalyst Production Suite goes to subscription model
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (823) The Rollocam Hercules, the smallest dolly in the world, nears release
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (1105) Free 3D Star Wars models available for download
- Wednesday 4 May 2016 - (706) RedShark's Teradek NAB live TV shows - Episode 2, Editshare
- Wednesday 4 May 2016 - (1202) Upgrades for AJA’s CION and RovoCam