The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.
Lightworks for Linux is available to everyone for the first time. To help you get started, here's an article we published a while back that gives a really good overview of the wonderful world of Linux
In case you missed them the first time around, we're replaying some of the best articles from 2012. This time - Linux: Read this first! By Phil Rhodes
RedShark's very lucky because we share an office building (and a parent company, EditShare) with one of the most talked-about products in the world of video: Lightworks. We're editorially independent of Lightworks and EditShare, but it certainly helps when we can can sit down next to the developers, product and technical support managers and say "how about making an exclusive for RedShark: the first-ever full-length official demo of Lightworks for Linux"
Big news for news for Linux fans: Editshare has today announced it aims to release a public Beta version before the end of the first quarter of 2013. Now, everyone will be able to try Lightworks for Linux
On first blush, it seemed like an April Fool's Day joke, but it's real: Magic Lantern has discovered how to run Linux on Canon EOS cameras, opening the door to new innovations.
Highpoint technology have been making RAID cards for Macs and PC's under the RocketRAID name for years. They have just released a new range of PCIe cards with 4 USB3 ports and drivers for Mac, Windows and Linux
Here's a rare peek into the complexities you might encounter when writing NLE software for Linux. It's a constantly shifting platform, and even the most subtle changes can cause headaches for developers. But there's a good outcome: having solved the problem, the NLE code is more robust than ever. (This is also a good introduction into how a modern NLE copes with Long GOP footage). Lightworks Lead Developer Rob Fearnside shares his insights
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38330) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25016) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9752) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8493) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6420) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1039) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (456) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (968) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (901) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (470) How to complain effectively