Here's a rare peek into the complexities you might encounter when writing NLE software for Linux. It's a constantly shifting platform, and even the most subtle changes can cause headaches for developers. But there's a good outcome: having solved the problem, the NLE code is more robust than ever. (This is also a good introduction into how a modern NLE copes with Long GOP footage). Lightworks Lead Developer Rob Fearnside shares his insights
Big news for news for Linux fans: Editshare has today announced it aims to release a public Beta version before the end of the first quarter of 2013. Now, everyone will be able to try Lightworks for Linux
Highpoint technology have been making RAID cards for Macs and PC's under the RocketRAID name for years. They have just released a new range of PCIe cards with 4 USB3 ports and drivers for Mac, Windows and Linux
The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.
This high-end Linux and OS X Digital Audio Workstation now supports video playback. Chris Erswell reports
Dell have announced that their linux based XPS13 ultrabook (codenamed "Sputnik") that was launched in the US last November is being updated and launched in Europe. It's a powerful spec, probably intended for developers - but it could be ideal for Lightworks
Is this the most important new computer for a decade? It might not sound a likely candidate for that award. It's not very powerful. It's made of plastic. You can't run your favourite applications on it. You certainly can't use it to edit video. And yet, for reasons I'll explain below, I think it's pretty important.
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21607) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15866) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12916) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11162) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7322) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (488) The fastest Nvidia GPU ever: the new Pascal-based Quadro P6000
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (705) Atomos firmware update brings HDR support to non-HDR displays
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (855) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1747) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (888) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]