The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.
In case you missed them the first time around, we're replaying some of the best articles from 2012. This time - Linux: Read this first! By Phil Rhodes
This high-end Linux and OS X Digital Audio Workstation now supports video playback. Chris Erswell reports
Highpoint technology have been making RAID cards for Macs and PC's under the RocketRAID name for years. They have just released a new range of PCIe cards with 4 USB3 ports and drivers for Mac, Windows and Linux
Lightworks is a great video editing tool but if you want more low-cost, high-octane audio assistance there are places to go. Chris Erswell investigates
On first blush, it seemed like an April Fool's Day joke, but it's real: Magic Lantern has discovered how to run Linux on Canon EOS cameras, opening the door to new innovations.
RedShark's very lucky because we share an office building (and a parent company, EditShare) with one of the most talked-about products in the world of video: Lightworks. We're editorially independent of Lightworks and EditShare, but it certainly helps when we can can sit down next to the developers, product and technical support managers and say "how about making an exclusive for RedShark: the first-ever full-length official demo of Lightworks for Linux"
Is this the most important new computer for a decade? It might not sound a likely candidate for that award. It's not very powerful. It's made of plastic. You can't run your favourite applications on it. You certainly can't use it to edit video. And yet, for reasons I'll explain below, I think it's pretty important.
Here's a rare peek into the complexities you might encounter when writing NLE software for Linux. It's a constantly shifting platform, and even the most subtle changes can cause headaches for developers. But there's a good outcome: having solved the problem, the NLE code is more robust than ever. (This is also a good introduction into how a modern NLE copes with Long GOP footage). Lightworks Lead Developer Rob Fearnside shares his insights
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47225) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17658) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13225) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12347) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11452) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (124) You can't always trust your television
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1137) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (2198) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2270) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (5306) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world