In case you missed them the first time around, we're replaying some of the best articles from 2012. This time - Linux: Read this first! By Phil Rhodes
RedShark's very lucky because we share an office building (and a parent company, EditShare) with one of the most talked-about products in the world of video: Lightworks. We're editorially independent of Lightworks and EditShare, but it certainly helps when we can can sit down next to the developers, product and technical support managers and say "how about making an exclusive for RedShark: the first-ever full-length official demo of Lightworks for Linux"
Is this the most important new computer for a decade? It might not sound a likely candidate for that award. It's not very powerful. It's made of plastic. You can't run your favourite applications on it. You certainly can't use it to edit video. And yet, for reasons I'll explain below, I think it's pretty important.
Highpoint technology have been making RAID cards for Macs and PC's under the RocketRAID name for years. They have just released a new range of PCIe cards with 4 USB3 ports and drivers for Mac, Windows and Linux
Lightworks for Linux is available to everyone for the first time. To help you get started, here's an article we published a while back that gives a really good overview of the wonderful world of Linux
Dell have announced that their linux based XPS13 ultrabook (codenamed "Sputnik") that was launched in the US last November is being updated and launched in Europe. It's a powerful spec, probably intended for developers - but it could be ideal for Lightworks
The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38667) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25634) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10586) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8799) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6631) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (549) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1091) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1417) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (946) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1465) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone