The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.
It's a big day for the Lightworks team today because they're releasing a big new upgrade. Even though it's a "point" release, there's a lot of important stuff in there, so let's dive straight in
Big news for news for Linux fans: Editshare has today announced it aims to release a public Beta version before the end of the first quarter of 2013. Now, everyone will be able to try Lightworks for Linux
The Lightworks team has just released some news about all three versions of Lighworks, including a suggestion that Lightworks for OS X will enter Alpha testing shortly after NAB
In case you missed them the first time around, we're replaying some of the best articles from 2012. This time - Linux: Read this first! By Phil Rhodes
Here's a rare peek into the complexities you might encounter when writing NLE software for Linux. It's a constantly shifting platform, and even the most subtle changes can cause headaches for developers. But there's a good outcome: having solved the problem, the NLE code is more robust than ever. (This is also a good introduction into how a modern NLE copes with Long GOP footage). Lightworks Lead Developer Rob Fearnside shares his insights
RedShark's very lucky because we share an office building (and a parent company, EditShare) with one of the most talked-about products in the world of video: Lightworks. We're editorially independent of Lightworks and EditShare, but it certainly helps when we can can sit down next to the developers, product and technical support managers and say "how about making an exclusive for RedShark: the first-ever full-length official demo of Lightworks for Linux"
As excitement mounts over the first showing of Lightworks for OS X, Editshare, Lightworks' parent company, has announced that Scott Hill, a long-time Hollywood editor and Lightworks user, will be giving a talk in the Theatre on the Editshare Booth (SL9010) at NAB
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (21345) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (16652) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Sunday 22 Jan 2017 - (9797) How the internet echo chamber fails new cameras
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (9046) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8909) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 25 Jan 2017 - (117) Is Apple investigating VR? Of course it is!
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (474) The Core SWX Hypercore Slim: a battery with an accelerometer
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (4382) The new Canon EOS C700 impresses in the field
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (3025) Razer Blade GTX 1060 review: why stop at gaming?
- Monday 23 Jan 2017 - (1986) Want to make a feature film? This is how much money you will really need