Here's a rare peek into the complexities you might encounter when writing NLE software for Linux. It's a constantly shifting platform, and even the most subtle changes can cause headaches for developers. But there's a good outcome: having solved the problem, the NLE code is more robust than ever. (This is also a good introduction into how a modern NLE copes with Long GOP footage). Lightworks Lead Developer Rob Fearnside shares his insights
As excitement mounts over the first showing of Lightworks for OS X, Editshare, Lightworks' parent company, has announced that Scott Hill, a long-time Hollywood editor and Lightworks user, will be giving a talk in the Theatre on the Editshare Booth (SL9010) at NAB
Lightworks for Linux is available to everyone for the first time. To help you get started, here's an article we published a while back that gives a really good overview of the wonderful world of Linux
It's a big day for the Lightworks team today because they're releasing a big new upgrade. Even though it's a "point" release, there's a lot of important stuff in there, so let's dive straight in
RedShark's very lucky because we share an office building (and a parent company, EditShare) with one of the most talked-about products in the world of video: Lightworks. We're editorially independent of Lightworks and EditShare, but it certainly helps when we can can sit down next to the developers, product and technical support managers and say "how about making an exclusive for RedShark: the first-ever full-length official demo of Lightworks for Linux"
The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.
As promised by Editshare, Lightworks for Linux is now available for download as a public Beta test
Big news for news for Linux fans: Editshare has today announced it aims to release a public Beta version before the end of the first quarter of 2013. Now, everyone will be able to try Lightworks for Linux
Dell have announced that their linux based XPS13 ultrabook (codenamed "Sputnik") that was launched in the US last November is being updated and launched in Europe. It's a powerful spec, probably intended for developers - but it could be ideal for Lightworks
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16773) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12061) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10889) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7103) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5802) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (71) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (197) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1109) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1043) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (901) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR