Solid State drives have plummeted in price over the last year - more than 50% in some cases, and there's no telling whether this trend will stop. We test a high-performance but affordable system with an SSD media drive
Gary Hango, an expert in video effects and processing, is also an enthusiastic Lightworks user. In part 2 of this series, he introduces the language Lightworks uses to create video effects, and shows how you can write your own.
RedShark's very lucky because we share an office building (and a parent company, EditShare) with one of the most talked-about products in the world of video: Lightworks. We're editorially independent of Lightworks and EditShare, but it certainly helps when we can can sit down next to the developers, product and technical support managers and say "how about making an exclusive for RedShark: the first-ever full-length official demo of Lightworks for Linux"
The slightest mention of Lightworks for Linux sparks a frenzy of interest across the web. Now that Alpha testing is underway, some reviews have started to appear.
As excitement mounts over the first showing of Lightworks for OS X, Editshare, Lightworks' parent company, has announced that Scott Hill, a long-time Hollywood editor and Lightworks user, will be giving a talk in the Theatre on the Editshare Booth (SL9010) at NAB
This is the big one. Lightworks for the Mac. Available for everyone to try today
We're not big on analysing Apple here. Apple is what it is and there are hundreds of sites that make a very good living from scrutinising the Cuppertino company. We don't do in-depth analysis of the mobile phone industry either, unless it's something to do with video. But this piece is about Apple, and even more about Samsung
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47620) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14013) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12535) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11636) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9339) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (655) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1053) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1205) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1015) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1283) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts