Lightworks for Linux is available to everyone for the first time. To help you get started, here's an article we published a while back that gives a really good overview of the wonderful world of Linux
The Lightworks team announces a massive improvement in Long GOP performance, which means that Editors don't have to transcode from their camera formats before they edit
Gary Hango, an expert in video effects and processing, is also an enthusiastic Lightworks user. In part 2 of this series, he introduces the language Lightworks uses to create video effects, and shows how you can write your own.
Larry Jordan is a well known video industry figure, whose webcasts are listened to in 175 countries. We asked him about editing, color correction, the cloud, and whether he's looking forward to April's NAB - the biggest show of the year
With 4K footage on YouTube becoming increasingly commonplace, Craig Marshall details one way of producing and uploading video in the format without the need for a 4K video camera. The answer? An '80s presentaton style called 'audio visuals'.
For the first time at NAB 2013, end users were able to try Lightworks for OS X. This eagerly-awaited version completes the trio of platforms that this famous NLE software uniquely runs on
Editshare yesterday announced that they are re-opening the Lightworks for Linux Alpha program, so anyone that missed the original window for applications is now able to re-apply (important details below)
As excitement mounts over the first showing of Lightworks for OS X, Editshare, Lightworks' parent company, has announced that Scott Hill, a long-time Hollywood editor and Lightworks user, will be giving a talk in the Theatre on the Editshare Booth (SL9010) at NAB
This is the news everyone's been waiting for: the release date for the Public Beta of the Mac version of Lightworks
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45074) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17695) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14859) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9772) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7608) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (407) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (4870) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1062) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3479) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (2031) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt