NLEs (Non Linear Editors - computer editing systems) have transformed the creative process since they were first introduced a quarter of a century ago. But how do they actually work?
Gary Hango, an expert in video effects and processing, is also an enthusiastic Lightworks user. In part 2 of this series, he introduces the language Lightworks uses to create video effects, and shows how you can write your own.
Editshare yesterday announced that they are re-opening the Lightworks for Linux Alpha program, so anyone that missed the original window for applications is now able to re-apply (important details below)
We're not big on analysing Apple here. Apple is what it is and there are hundreds of sites that make a very good living from scrutinising the Cuppertino company. We don't do in-depth analysis of the mobile phone industry either, unless it's something to do with video. But this piece is about Apple, and even more about Samsung
Big news from the Lightworks team. Windows Beta 11.1 available; supports AVCHD/MP4 transcoding in the free version. Also supports Blackmagic I/O and is compatible with Windows 8
Version 12 of Lightworks released today as a Public Beta for Windows and Linux. Brings Windows, Linux and Mac versions of Lightworks to parity for the first time
This is the big one. Lightworks for the Mac. Available for everyone to try today
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30003) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21109) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17927) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13527) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10129) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9202) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1094) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (729) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1474) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (737) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?