It’s fast but it’s also a zoom lens! For a long time now, zoom lenses have been firmly in the world of compromise. They are practical in terms of saving lots of time on low budget productions but that advantage comes at a cost.
When it comes to dedicated lenses and 4k, lots of people have an opinion. One that’s probably worth listening to more than most, however, is that of Cooke Optics chairman, Les Zellan, who tells Andy Stout that he’s not impressed
We're giving a lot of space to the Digital Bolex project because it's genuinely different and original. And the news keeps coming, and it's getting weirder, but still plausible. In fact there are such dramatic ideas coming from the little Kickstarter company that you have to begin to wonder how much it's going to change the world of video
Replay: You can't go far without understanding the relationship between sensors, lenses and depth of field, only it's slightly more complicated than you might have thought!. Phil Rhodes makes it understandable.
One day — soon — it may be possible to take almost perfect photos and videos with less-than-perfect lenses
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17232) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12154) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7122) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5843) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5497) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (176) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (538) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1465) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1829) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1396) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]