Phil Rhodes looks at if Samyang's Lenses will be able to compete with in a market with an unbelievable price - eight to twenty times lower than the competition!
Sigma surprised a few people when they announced their new 18-35mm zoom lens with a constant f/1.8 aperture back in April. Now they've surprised a few more by announcing the price - $799
We're giving a lot of space to the Digital Bolex project because it's genuinely different and original. And the news keeps coming, and it's getting weirder, but still plausible. In fact there are such dramatic ideas coming from the little Kickstarter company that you have to begin to wonder how much it's going to change the world of video
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21471) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15843) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12898) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11154) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7316) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (398) Atomos firmware update brings HDR support to non-HDR displays
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (758) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1589) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (841) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (4433) Nvidia’s new GTX Titan X: the home-brew DaVinci grading suite just became even easier and cheaper