Last time, we discussed some of the technical concerns of lens selection and the issues of compatibility with sensors of various configurations and sizes. In this part, we'll look at the effects sensor size has on photography and the engineering compromises behind lenses and sensors
Sigma surprised a few people when they announced their new 18-35mm zoom lens with a constant f/1.8 aperture back in April. Now they've surprised a few more by announcing the price - $799
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.
When it comes to dedicated lenses and 4k, lots of people have an opinion. One that’s probably worth listening to more than most, however, is that of Cooke Optics chairman, Les Zellan, who tells Andy Stout that he’s not impressed
I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47113) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17557) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13109) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12311) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11377) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (564) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1811) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (1997) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (4594) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2361) Microsoft makes 3D scanning possible with any mobile phone