I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
Erik Vlietinck tries out the lens correction in this major new update with a GoPro camera
Sigma surprised a few people when they announced their new 18-35mm zoom lens with a constant f/1.8 aperture back in April. Now they've surprised a few more by announcing the price - $799
When it comes to dedicated lenses and 4k, lots of people have an opinion. One that’s probably worth listening to more than most, however, is that of Cooke Optics chairman, Les Zellan, who tells Andy Stout that he’s not impressed
One day — soon — it may be possible to take almost perfect photos and videos with less-than-perfect lenses
Last time, we discussed some of the technical concerns of lens selection and the issues of compatibility with sensors of various configurations and sizes. In this part, we'll look at the effects sensor size has on photography and the engineering compromises behind lenses and sensors
It’s fast but it’s also a zoom lens! For a long time now, zoom lenses have been firmly in the world of compromise. They are practical in terms of saving lots of time on low budget productions but that advantage comes at a cost.
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (43735) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30550) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21501) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19512) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14588) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Wednesday 2 Dec 2015 - (106) How real life can trump VFX - even in space
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (996) RedShark Exclusive Competition: Win a Panasonic DVX200 - one of the most talked about cameras of the year
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (616) Will AMD's new CAD-centric FirePro W4300 graphics card also be good for film?
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (5467) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (2121) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?