We're giving a lot of space to the Digital Bolex project because it's genuinely different and original. And the news keeps coming, and it's getting weirder, but still plausible. In fact there are such dramatic ideas coming from the little Kickstarter company that you have to begin to wonder how much it's going to change the world of video
Erik Vlietinck tries out the lens correction in this major new update with a GoPro camera
Another chance to read this fantstic pair of articles: If you use a professional digital camera, you can't go far without understanding the relationship between sensors, lenses and depth of field. It's slightly more complicated than you might have thought!. Phil Rhodes makes it understandable
One day — soon — it may be possible to take almost perfect photos and videos with less-than-perfect lenses
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38708) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25712) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10673) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8839) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (6907) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (888) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1298) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1603) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (997) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1560) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone