I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
Erik Vlietinck tries out the lens correction in this major new update with a GoPro camera
Replay: You can't go far without understanding the relationship between sensors, lenses and depth of field, only it's slightly more complicated than you might have thought!. Phil Rhodes makes it understandable.
Last time, we discussed some of the technical concerns of lens selection and the issues of compatibility with sensors of various configurations and sizes. In this part, we'll look at the effects sensor size has on photography and the engineering compromises behind lenses and sensors
It’s fast but it’s also a zoom lens! For a long time now, zoom lenses have been firmly in the world of compromise. They are practical in terms of saving lots of time on low budget productions but that advantage comes at a cost.
Sigma surprised a few people when they announced their new 18-35mm zoom lens with a constant f/1.8 aperture back in April. Now they've surprised a few more by announcing the price - $799
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24358) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (14525) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8822) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8016) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6522) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (208) This might be the tipping point for 8K
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (470) A timelapse system that works unattended for months
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (6109) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1079) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (1344) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]