Erik Vlietinck tries out the lens correction in this major new update with a GoPro camera
We're giving a lot of space to the Digital Bolex project because it's genuinely different and original. And the news keeps coming, and it's getting weirder, but still plausible. In fact there are such dramatic ideas coming from the little Kickstarter company that you have to begin to wonder how much it's going to change the world of video
Last time, we discussed some of the technical concerns of lens selection and the issues of compatibility with sensors of various configurations and sizes. In this part, we'll look at the effects sensor size has on photography and the engineering compromises behind lenses and sensors
One day — soon — it may be possible to take almost perfect photos and videos with less-than-perfect lenses
When it comes to dedicated lenses and 4k, lots of people have an opinion. One that’s probably worth listening to more than most, however, is that of Cooke Optics chairman, Les Zellan, who tells Andy Stout that he’s not impressed
Another chance to read this fantstic pair of articles: If you use a professional digital camera, you can't go far without understanding the relationship between sensors, lenses and depth of field. It's slightly more complicated than you might have thought!. Phil Rhodes makes it understandable
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29860) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21019) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17808) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13231) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (9967) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (25) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (451) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (1951) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5439) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2109) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?