I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.
Replay: You can't go far without understanding the relationship between sensors, lenses and depth of field, only it's slightly more complicated than you might have thought!. Phil Rhodes makes it understandable.
We're giving a lot of space to the Digital Bolex project because it's genuinely different and original. And the news keeps coming, and it's getting weirder, but still plausible. In fact there are such dramatic ideas coming from the little Kickstarter company that you have to begin to wonder how much it's going to change the world of video
Sigma surprised a few people when they announced their new 18-35mm zoom lens with a constant f/1.8 aperture back in April. Now they've surprised a few more by announcing the price - $799
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (65416) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 27 Aug 2016 - (17457) Why some products are delivered late
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15627) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (11136) First Hands-On with the new EOS 5D Mk IV: 500Mbit/s 4K recording
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10444) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (525) RedShark Review: ShotPut Pro 6
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (729) Signiant Media Shuttle transforms a video production company [Sponsored]
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (1018) Cheap cameras becoming expendable in big budget films?
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (1698) RØDE Microphones unveils upgrades
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (4114) Why the 5D Mk IV's sensor crop for 4K video is not that big a deal [Opinion]