Last time, we discussed some of the technical concerns of lens selection and the issues of compatibility with sensors of various configurations and sizes. In this part, we'll look at the effects sensor size has on photography and the engineering compromises behind lenses and sensors
Erik Vlietinck tries out the lens correction in this major new update with a GoPro camera
We're giving a lot of space to the Digital Bolex project because it's genuinely different and original. And the news keeps coming, and it's getting weirder, but still plausible. In fact there are such dramatic ideas coming from the little Kickstarter company that you have to begin to wonder how much it's going to change the world of video
I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: One day — soon — it may be possible to take almost perfect photos and videos with less-than-perfect lenses.
It’s fast but it’s also a zoom lens! For a long time now, zoom lenses have been firmly in the world of compromise. They are practical in terms of saving lots of time on low budget productions but that advantage comes at a cost.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46375) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17105) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11978) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11051) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (10984) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (153) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1186) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1432) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2654) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1734) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite