A mobile phone with a 4K output? The world hasn't exactly been in stasis while it waits for one of these, but it's a fascinating development anyway
It’s been a typically busy first day and weekend of press conferences at this year’s Mobile World Congress. Andy Stout reports.
Sponsored article: As anyone that’s ever tried to use a monitor over 27-inches will know, that extra screen real estate comes at the cost of lots of neck craning and subtle shifting of your position. LG’s elegant new 34-once 21:9 QHD display though seeks to change that by adding a curved screen into the mix.
The tech world returns from its festive break with a bang as the mammoth CES 2016 starts in Vegas this week. With the round of press conferences kicking off today, we take a quick look at what might be making the headlines as the week unfolds.
While the rest of the top tier television manufacturers are dropping prices of their 4K/UHD televisions, LG aims to trump the competition with the world's first OLED 4K television and a massive pre-release price cut.
We're seeing an interesting trend in consumer display technology shaping up at this year's Consumer Electronics Show that could impact filmmakers and video content producers.
None more black: LG has recently released an eye-opening video illustrating the sort of performance difference you can get with the blacks in its OLED TV sets.
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (22322) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (16048) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (13093) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11230) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Monday 18 Jul 2016 - (7214) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Friday 29 Jul 2016 - (713) The Joy of Parallax (or In Defence of Sliders)
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (964) A high CRI tungsten-balanced LED that won't break the bank
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (823) Why the world’s best movie theatre is often found at IBC in Amsterdam
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (919) All about colour with Apocalypse Now cinematographer Vittorio Storaro
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (3182) AMD's incredibly fast new Radeon GPU breaks through the 8K barrier