Great cameras, improving LEDs, but still gaps in the lens market and stagnating workstations: Phil Rhodes takes a look back at the last year's developments in production technology and where they might lead in 2016.
HMI remains a viable and useful lighting technology. Phil Rhodes explains the science behind this enduring type of illumination
Sony has debuted a new type of LED screen that aims to expand the colour gamut and and dynamic range of large video installations, even as resolutions reach 8K and beyond.
While the rest of the top tier television manufacturers are dropping prices of their 4K/UHD televisions, LG aims to trump the competition with the world's first OLED 4K television and a massive pre-release price cut.
RedShark Replay: The current fixation on resolution is misplaced and we’re in danger of missing the point completely when we make films and videos
RedShark Summer Replay: If you don't understand how we see colour, you don't understand colour. This may be the most important lesson about colour you ever read (first published October 2014).
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34253) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (27886) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23169) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (8920) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6854) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (762) An amazing hyperlapse, years in the making
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (536) Watch Again! RedShark and Sony's live streaming masterclass from NYC!
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1411) Olympus’ new image stabilisation is insanely powerful
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1087) DJI's new Mavic Pro revolutionises the small drone market
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (3211) Register now for RedShark and Sony's live streaming masterclass from NYC - today at 1.30pm Eastern / 6.30pm UK / 7.30pm CET