When and why LED lighting makes sense for modern productions (and why other options may still make more sense in certain situations).
HMI remains a viable and useful lighting technology. Phil Rhodes explains the science behind this enduring type of illumination
Sony has debuted a new type of LED screen that aims to expand the colour gamut and and dynamic range of large video installations, even as resolutions reach 8K and beyond.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24599) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (20448) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15951) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8464) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (5970) The Panasonic FZ80: 4K for under $400
- Saturday 21 Jan 2017 - (79) A behind-the-scenes look at The Last Starfighter and the very early days of CG
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (871) Metabones announces fifth generation EF To E mount adapters
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (5389) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (784) Some stunning work using the Phantom Miro
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (2323) The "iPhone" of the video industry? [sponsored]