Phil Rhodes reviews the Square One, a fluorescent 'panel' from Photon Beard that holds some distinct advantages over comparable LED units.
Phil Rhodes profiles a CoeLux, a new simulated skylight marketed to hotels and upscale residences, and explores whether such a product could be utilized for filmmaking.
While the rest of the top tier television manufacturers are dropping prices of their 4K/UHD televisions, LG aims to trump the competition with the world's first OLED 4K television and a massive pre-release price cut.
Great cameras, improving LEDs, but still gaps in the lens market and stagnating workstations: Phil Rhodes takes a look back at the last year's developments in production technology and where they might lead in 2016.
RedShark Replay: The current fixation on resolution is misplaced and we’re in danger of missing the point completely when we make films and videos
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38323) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25004) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9707) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8487) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6417) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (683) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (400) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (934) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (873) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (459) How to complain effectively