Phil Rhodes reviews the Square One, a fluorescent 'panel' from Photon Beard that holds some distinct advantages over comparable LED units.
An accelerated evolution and a highly competitive market has helped ensure that cameras themselves are excellent now, but what about everything else? Phil Rhodes, RedShark's Technical Editor, gives his views ahead of the start of NAB.
The first big event of the year, CES, arrives hot on the heels of the New Year break. David Shapton looks at some of the technologies that may be making an appearance first on the showfloor and then in your living room not long after.
RedShark Review: The Aputure COB-120t, a tungsten-balanced LED with surprising colour quality at a reasonable price.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17075) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12128) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5828) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5339) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (363) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (826) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1556) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1263) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1071) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR