RedShark Replay: The white heat of technology - Phil Rhodes talks about white light and a possible means of obtaining it with the minimum possible use of power.
While the rest of the top tier television manufacturers are dropping prices of their 4K/UHD televisions, LG aims to trump the competition with the world's first OLED 4K television and a massive pre-release price cut.
When and why LED lighting makes sense for modern productions (and why other options may still make more sense in certain situations).
LED lights are a big hit. With low power consumption, long life bulbs, a relatively high light output and little heat radiating onto the set, they have become highly sought after. Kieron Seth looks at the plusses and pitfalls of LED lighting.
RedShark Replay: The current fixation on resolution is misplaced and we’re in danger of missing the point completely when we make films and videos
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38621) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25485) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10420) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8741) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6602) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (697) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1101) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (790) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1292) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (5638) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price