While the rest of the top tier television manufacturers are dropping prices of their 4K/UHD televisions, LG aims to trump the competition with the world's first OLED 4K television and a massive pre-release price cut.
The current fixation on resolution is misplaced and we’re in danger of missing the point completely when we make films and videos
The white heat of technology: Phil Rhodes talks about white light and a possible means of obtaining it with the minimum possible use of power.
Phil Rhodes reviews the Square One, a fluorescent 'panel' from Photon Beard that holds some distinct advantages over comparable LED units.
RedShark Summer Replay: If you don't understand how we see colour, you don't understand colour. This may be the most important lesson about colour you ever read (first published October 2014).
HMI remains a viable and useful lighting technology. Phil Rhodes explains the science behind this enduring type of illumination
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47056) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17519) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13031) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12282) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11275) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (134) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1474) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (1797) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (4015) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2073) Microsoft makes 3D scanning possible with any mobile phone