JVC has always made good projectors. And they've always used really good technology that's been kind-of hard to understand, because it takes a lot of explaining. But if all you want is good pictures, the tech doesn't really matter, because if it looks good, it is good
JVC Professional is launching four new D-ILA projectors this month, three of which feature an upgraded version of its e-shift technology, now dubbed e-shift2, which will help fill the 4k content gap by up-converting and scaling HD content to a 4k signal. And there’s some other nifty tech features on them too. Andy Stout takes a look
Now that the set is almost complete, we take a closer look at the expanding line-up of Veydra mini-prime cinema lenses and find a lot to like for around $1000 a piece.
Phil Rhodes tries out MTF's Effect lens controller on the JVC GY-LS300 camera and finds it a good solution for anyone with an already significant investment in EF glass.
The JVC GY-HM650 is in several ways an important camera. It can record to two codecs simultaneously, and can stream over 3G/4G mobile and and WiFi. And the BBC loves them enough to have placed a very large order. Here's our in-depth review
JVC is at the Conumser Electronic Show with two 4KCAM models slated for release in the next two months.
RedShark contributor Freya looks at new ways to get your footage off your camera and back to base
Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reports from London's BVE 2015, both a precursor to the forthcoming NAB and a possible indicator of what we'll see there.
Great news for JVC in Europe as the BBC orders over 500 cameras from the Japanese company. It's probably fair to say that this was a surprise for everyone, including JVC, as it was assumed by most people that Sony would get this order
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38369) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25072) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9964) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8553) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6439) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (288) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (2148) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (756) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1127) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1020) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means