While its docket may be short on new announcements, JVC is using IBC 2016 to bring previously announced products, features and services to the forefront.
Technology is improving so fast, we're losing our ability to make predictions.
Camera maker FOR-A dropped some news at IBC which is sure to create a buzz, especially for the sports and live event videography industries: the FT-One Opt, a 4K camera that records 900fps footage from long distances, via fibre optic cable.
Up Periscope: Alex Pettitt is not only one of the panellists at IBC Rising Stars this weekend, he’s also the UK and Europe's No 1 Periscoper and has accumulated one of the largest global followings on the platform to date.
Notes from IBC2016 Day Three: As Phil Rhodes finds out, size really isn’t everything, and sometimes the innovation that counts can be as mundane as a clamp that stops your Thunderbolt cables falling out in the slightest breeze.
For many websites the IBC Exhibition, with its plethora of product launches and premieres, provides the main headlines. But to really understand what’s going on in the industry you have to pay attention to the IBC Conference as well.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (19204) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12699) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12518) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (8267) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (7262) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (295) Join Sony for a webinar on HDR production, Thursday 7th March
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (580) YouTube unveils its live TV service
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (1007) The *really* shameful Oscar moment
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (928) How to bring video into... everything! [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (3559) Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD and Web Presenter: first look