We're very excited about this video. It is filmed using HDR (High Dynamic Range) and gives the video a very distinctive look that is entirely appropriate for its subject matter: New York. And it may just be a very important moment in the history of film-making
We're seeing an interesting trend in consumer display technology shaping up at this year's Consumer Electronics Show that could impact filmmakers and video content producers.
Sony, anticipating that high dynamic range 4K is the next evolutionary step for production workflows and eventually consumer displays, debuts the BVM-X300 4K OLED monitor with a million-to-one contrast ratio and a much wider color gamut. By Neal Romanek.
While the industry is concentrating hard on a 4K and even 8K future, it probably seems like we've done this sort of thing before. And we have. But there are disruptive technologies looming that could impact our industry in rather more profound ways.
The new iPhone's camera has capabilities way beyond what you would expect from such a tiny device
Just in case anyone was in doubt that the 4K revolution is happening, Nvidia has just announced that its much anticipated Tegra 4 mobile chipset will include "4K Ultra-High-Def video support"
Even with an abundance of incredible views, you still need an outstanding eye for composition and a highly developed photographic technique to get pictures like these
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37759) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24587) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8076) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6283) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5250) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (198) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (3661) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (998) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1485) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1845) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware