With two new HDR recording monitors, the Shogun Flame and the Ninja Flame, announced today by Atomos, the missing link in the HDR production chain is fixed. Now you can see your rushes in HDR, on set. A short while ago, we had an exclusive hands-on preview. Here’s our report.
Although CES 2015 may be over, there's still more news from the convention, as Panasonic unleashes two sub-$1000 4K camcorders with some very interesting features.
Even with an abundance of incredible views, you still need an outstanding eye for composition and a highly developed photographic technique to get pictures like these
The House of Mouse has come up with an innovative new technique that mitigates most of the problems that tone mapping introduces when it interprets HDR images for conventional television sets.
The new iPhone's camera has capabilities way beyond what you would expect from such a tiny device
RED has an event scheduled on the calendar for Friday when it will release the full details of the upcoming Raven camera, but that hasn’t stopped CEO Jarred Land spilling the beans in a couple of late night user posts on the RED forum.
Perhaps physical media isn't dead after all, as industry experts predict a surge in sales for 4K Blu-ray discs.
The tech world returns from its festive break with a bang as the mammoth CES 2016 starts in Vegas this week. With the round of press conferences kicking off today, we take a quick look at what might be making the headlines as the week unfolds.
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20607) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20306) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (19260) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12952) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10783) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (243) Are we ready for driverless...cameras?
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (1937) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (623) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (1849) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix (Further update: Sony's own statement).
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (896) Europe mulls quota on streaming content