Blackmagic Design has released version 12.5.1 for DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Resolve Studio on all supported platforms—Windows, Mac and Linux. And it’s a fairly major upgrade for a .1 of a .5 minor point release.
RedShark Review: Ned Soltz takes Denver Riddle’s ACES-compatible $149 Color Finale Pro for a spin and is impressed with what he finds.
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
[Updated] Imposing a "strong" look on a film can take all the original goodness from it. Phil Rhodes wonders whether we can take the concept of "skin tone" seriously any more.
After close to three months developing and testing, Blackmagic has brought the latest version of its popular editing and colour grading suite, DaVinci Resolve 12.5, out of beta. This, you feel, is an essential upgrade.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95586) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39292) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25708) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6578) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5443) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (1198) Touch Bar MacBook Pro redefines high-end
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (573) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (1248) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (801) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (767) Quality control: It's only going on the web...