(This is a second chance to see this lovely retro look at DaVinci.) I'm no fashion guru, but I do remember that in 1987 women wore shoulder pads the size of a small country and men rolled up their jacket sleeves as if it was almost an anatomical necessity. And I spent hours trying to recreate Jan Hammer's synthesised guitar sound from the Miami Vice theme on my Korg keyboard.
Premier has a built-in colour grading tool that's powerful in itself, but even more so because it's right there within the application
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: You don't have to rely on digital methods to give a film a distictive "look". Phil Rhodes explains.
With digital, file-based production, your experience on-set during productions is a potential minefield. Throw a complicated raw workflow into the equation, and you need help. That's the reasoning behind Magic Bullet's BulletProof
Color in TV dramas has never been more sophisticated
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21213) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (8724) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (8092) 5 things every video editor should have on their hard drive [sponsored]
- Monday 18 Apr 2016 - (6380) Dramatic updates for URSA Mini and new products from Blackmagic
- Friday 22 Apr 2016 - (6183) RedShark NAB Awards - The Results
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (1012) Watching the Titanic sink in realtime
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (1101) Don't panic - it's just log!
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (2770) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (1083) RedShark's Teradek NAB live tv shows - Episode I, Nick Rashby, President, AJA
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (785) The Zeiss VR One: an important headset for the future?