GoPro has confirmed that the company is developing a drone of its own. Plus, a new six camera array may be just the thing for your next (virtual reality) production. And there's a new lower-end camera as well.
Like many companies that find themselves suddenly marooned up technological cul-de-sacs, Garmin has been trying to port its navigational expertise into tangental markets, and with the new VIRB it may just have struck gold.
Guest author Kevin Luiz of Capion Studio gives his take on the Panasonic GH4 as run-and-gun option for shooters who thrive in-between trips to the airport.
Most GoPro competitors cannot match the undoubted POV leader’s picture quality due to insisting on keeping to very low bitrates, but the list of innovative and user friendly features on its rivals just gets better and better. The TomTom Bandit is a case in point.
A just-announced video stabilisation plug-in might be just what you need to steady shaky GoPro footage. And you can try it for free.
You may fall out of your chair when you watch this UAV-mounted GoPro video
A group of Polish engineers, coders, and designers built an augmented reality rig featuring an Oculus Rift and two GoPros, and shared the demonstration / making of video. Is this backyard experiment an indicator of where augmented reality is heading?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (19205) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12699) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12518) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (8270) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (7296) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (304) Join Sony for a webinar on HDR production, Thursday 7th March
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (594) YouTube unveils its live TV service
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (1045) The *really* shameful Oscar moment
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (928) How to bring video into... everything! [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (3568) Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD and Web Presenter: first look